Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
S
S
I'm in no way depressed or anything (frustrated in my job hunt, but that's another thing), but I have a fantasy of running away to the Bahamas for Christmas.

By myself.

Just escaping the whole holiday. The stress, the people, the shopping, etc... Just taking off from Dec 21 and staying gone through Jan 2. No Frosty the Snowman, no Rudolph, no Bing Crosby, no malls, no family drama, etc...

I know that Christmas is supposed to be about celebrating the birth of Christ, and I'm down with that as the focus. But as Christians, aren't we (not including everyone here) supposed to celebrate that everyday anyway? Besides which, I'm in the camp that believes Dec 25 is a semi-arbitrary place holder that was picked to get the pagans on board way back when. What I'm saying is, I don't think the actual date is all that important.

Someday maybe I'll just funnel all the cash I'd normally spend on Christmas and head off to some sunny beach.

G
OP Offline
G
A Brilliant Idea, Seabird.

I can't take off until after the 25th because of the kids. But, next year, we may leave on the 26th and go away as a Christmas present.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
C
C
I know that every December 25th the children leave to go to their father's and that they will be home late in the day on Jan 1. So, I have that hanging over me every year. Sort of spoils Christmas. I have to be sure we're through by the designated time for him to pick them up. He will, however, usually give us a couple more hours if I ask.

Tomorrow I am going out of town. 4 hours north. To meet and spend a couple of days with ChaiLover who owns a business specializing in one of my hobbies. I will leave Friday and come home Sunday. Back to work on Monday.

Last edited by cinderella; 12/25/08 05:34 PM.
N
N
When I was married we went away with the kids for a few Christmases and I loved being removed from all the obligations. The trip was a big part of the gifts of Christmas and everybody was fine with that.

Though my oldest will be 18 in Feb. I still hold on to the hope that next year I can take them all away for the holiday. If not, I prefer a day at home relaxing, snaking on foods we like, and no driving.

Merry Christmas, GG and All!

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
R
R
Greengables, I remember you from years ago when I was in pain from my unfaithful spouse. I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Rose Red

Married 19 years Twin DSes - 14 H 1st PA '98 - ONS H 2nd PA jan.'01 to june'01 D-day 6/13/01 H 3rd PA 2005 - 2006 Divorced 2/6/07
S
S
Hi GG:
Just wanted to wish you well this Christmas and remind you that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.
D
D
Greengables... I'm so sorry to hear this. frown

I just stopped by after being gone quite awhile, and hadn't even known you remarried. My sympathies to you and your family. Take care, OK?

Waiting for dawn...
...but not afraid of the dark.

DDay: Sept 26, 2004
Moved out: Dec 16, 2004
D Final: Oct 10, 2006
Deja Vu #2182922 12/28/08 11:29 AM
G
OP Offline
G
Bad sign. It's 11:30 am and I am not out of my jammies. I feel like a slug. I need to get on with life. Tomorrow will be a better day. I hope.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
N
N
Hey, GG, don't be too hard on yourself. Allow yourself the space and time you need to recover your motivation for duties. Be kind to yourself, you deserve at least that.

{{{GG}}}

R
R
GG, you've been through much. It's ok to rest.
Mourn.
I hope you have family around you?

I wish I can sit by you for a while.
Keeping you in my prayers.

C
C
I, too, wish I could come and sit with you....maybe have a girly party....polish our nails, eat popcorn, watch a movie. Sometimes just a little TLC or a little fun can change things for a bit.

hug

G
OP Offline
G
Doesn't it just figure? She's having boyfriend troubles. We were supposed to go out for drinks, and she didn't feel up to it. Part of me understands, the other part is feeling sorry for myself. I changed my clothes and put make up on for heaven's sake. I really wanted to have some fun tonight.

Instead, I'll probably take a bath, feel pathetic, and read a book. For everyone whom I told you didn't need a romatic relationship, I was wrong. (Well, not really, I just don't feel like accpeting my own advice or words of wisdom right now.)

I need a joke. Or something.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
B
B
"I changed my clothes and put make up on for heaven's sake."

That is good practice for you. Maybe you can join a ladies group that does fun things. I belong to a Bible study women's group and we do a lot of going out to restaurants, plays, etc.

Hope you are doing okay. I know this isn't an easy time of year.

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks, Believer. I just hate putting on make up for no reason. One of my problems is I'm not much of a joiner. I've learned through experience that attending meetings or stuff regularly isn't my cup of tea. What I really need is a job. However, I don't want to start looking up after I know what kind of job I'll need. Do I need to be working 40 hours and pulling in my potential? Or can I work 25-30 hours and be with the kids? Or can I do a volunteer job? Because the 401K is up in the air, and I don't even know how much is at stake, I have no idea.

Have a happy new year.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
N
N
GG, you I have the not being a joiner thing in common. I can be a loner really so I have to force myself into situations with lots of people. The ironic thing is I love to teach adults. I meet a lot of great people who are there to learn because they want to be as opposed to kids who are forced. There is a social and often therapeutic aspect to adult ed. The therapeutic part may just be my experience because I teach pottery, but certainly the social aspect is there.

If you have something to teach others many adult ed. programs are open to new ideas. It's usually quite simple to get involved, contact them with a prospectus, nothing elaborate, just what you do and how much you expect to make. Take a look at your local adult ed. program you'd be surprised by what they offer, it's all over the map.

S
S
Originally Posted by Greengables
I need a joke. Or something.

I have a joke. It's PG-13 though so I'm writing it in white text. If you want to read it, you have to highlight the space below to see it. And for those of you who are quickly and easily offended, you've been warned. Don't whine at me if you read it and didn't like it. stickout

A man was in the exam room getting his annual physical. The doc looked up at his patient and said, "Sir, you're going to have to stop masturbating."

The man responded in a worried tone, "Why???".

The doctor sighed and said, "Because you're having a physical."

laugh

A
A
LOL @ Seabird!!

Me, 43
DS18, DD12
Divorce final May 10, 2007
G
OP Offline
G
Seabird, that was too funny. You definitely got me to laugh.

I'm making cherry pie for dessert tonight. I put up a bunch of cheeries in the spring. Time to use them.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
G
OP Offline
G
UGH. I'm dying here. This totally stinks, and I'm so sad. My best friend is coming over, but I don't want to be in the house. Oh, shoot, and I just realized I'm drinking green tea! That has caffeine. I'm sunk.

Divorced.
2 Girls
Remarried 10/11/08
Widowed 11/5/08
Remarrying 12/17/15
S
S
I've found that booze is a good antidote for caffeine.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (anchorwatch), 535 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation