Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
R
OP Offline
R
I am a WW.

I can certainly go into details if need be but for now my question is this: BS and I have no children. Why in the world would he choose to work on our marriage if I tell him of the A? He knows nothing of the A and to the best of my knowledge he does not suspect.

Thank you...

Me/WS 32
H 32
M 6 years, together 12
D-Day 3/8/09
R
R
cant really say, but that's his call.

BH-me 32
WW-27
Married 5 yrs. together for 8
D2
D7
D-Day:11/10
EA for a week went PA and WW immediately left home leaving everything behind.
M
M
Originally Posted by RooGirl7
Why in the world would he choose to work on our marriage if I tell him of the A? He knows nothing of the A and to the best of my knowledge he does not suspect.

Roogirl, he may not choose to work on the marriage if he knows. But that is his choice to make, not yours. He has a right to know all the facts about his own life so he can make the decision to leave or stay. He has a right to make this decision.

This is information about his own life to which he is entitled. To not tell him is to keep him in a marriage based on a lie. That is cruel and manipulative.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Why in the world would he choose to work on our marriage if I tell him of the A? He knows nothing of the A and to the best of my knowledge he does not suspect.

Roogirl, he may not choose to work on the marriage if he knows. But that is his choice to make, not yours. He has a right to know all the facts about his own life so he can make the decision to leave or stay. He has a right to make this decision.

This is information about his own life to which he is entitled. To not tell him is to keep him in a marriage based on a lie. That is cruel and manipulative.

Thank you for your reply MelodyLane. I moved out two months ago. With the end of the A I am (surprise surprise) rethinking my ridiculously stupid actions. BS believes (and has since before I moved out) that we are headed for D as soon as we can get some finacial stuff in order.

I have an IC appointment for Monday, hoping that talking to someone will help bring some clarity to my world for the first time in...what feels like forever.

Me/WS 32
H 32
M 6 years, together 12
D-Day 3/8/09
A
A
Bravo for coming to this site. It speaks volumes about you as a person! Now you need to have the love and courage to go all the way.

Please understand:
You wont have a marriage or true intimacy if you dont have the truth. The time you spend "married" under this lie is time lost.

The longer you wait, the bigger the lie becomes. The more it will cost him and your marriage.

You have as much to gain as he does by telling. You will not begin to heal yourself from the damage you have done to YOU (by having an A and lying--hurting your own heart. You know what I am talking about. I have been there too!)

Good luck.

Ahuman FWW (35)
BH-a really great human! (39)
Married 1995
As 1998, 2001
D-day 4/2004

In recovery....
R
R
You moved out and everything and he suspects nothing? Sounds like you arent giving him enough credit.

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
M
M
You owe him the truth, Roogirl, regardless of the status of your D. He has a right to know what has led to the collapse of his marriage. To leave him wondering is cruel.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by rustyshackelford
You moved out and everything and he suspects nothing? Sounds like you arent giving him enough credit.

Hi rusty. I'm not sure that "not giving him enough credit" is right so much as he trusts (trusted?) me explicitly. There have been other breakdowns in our M over the past several years.

Me/WS 32
H 32
M 6 years, together 12
D-Day 3/8/09
R
R
It is just that I also trusted my WW completely and when she left, I knew somebody had pushed her to it. Then a couple days later I knew it must be another guy and made her confess.

I just believe there is probably a part of him that knows.

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
R
OP Offline
R
I see what you're saying.

BS and I (we've each fully admitted to this) have both put our relationship on the back-burner of life for a very long time. The past three years of our marriage have included: him telling me sex is boring, me bending to a very financially-binding decision that he has wanted for a long time, being intimate only three times in 2006, twice in 2007 and not at all in 2008.

Because of these things I really don't think he knows or suspects a thing.

Me/WS 32
H 32
M 6 years, together 12
D-Day 3/8/09
B
B
Just out of curiosity, why did the affair end?

M
M

Regardless, this is information about his life that he has a right and a need to know. Not telling him is manipulative.

Exposure 101

P
P
I am a WW.

I can certainly go into details if need be but for now my question is this: BS and I have no children. Why in the world would he choose to work on our marriage if I tell him of the A? He knows nothing of the A and to the best of my knowledge he does not suspect.

Thank you...

How important to you are your own vows?

A
A
Whether he suspects something or not is not really the point, is it?

Melody is right. It is his life. He has a right to know. OM does not have a right to know more about your BH life than BH knows.

Then there is you. Your own healing and growth--your own understanding of why you would deal with your personal unhappiness by having an A--will not truly begin until the truth is out.

Ahuman FWW (35)
BH-a really great human! (39)
Married 1995
As 1998, 2001
D-day 4/2004

In recovery....
M
M
Roo, he would not trust you if he knew the truth. He only trusts you because you have successfully tricked him.

Exposure 101

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by believer
Just out of curiosity, why did the affair end?

I told the OM I wanted out after an argument.

Me/WS 32
H 32
M 6 years, together 12
D-Day 3/8/09
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Regardless, this is information about his life that he has a right and a need to know. Not telling him is manipulative.

You are right.

Me/WS 32
H 32
M 6 years, together 12
D-Day 3/8/09
R
R
Out of curiosity, if it was so bad then why do you want to fix it?

What led to your change of heart?

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
R
OP Offline
R
I am not entirely certain that I do. Perhaps it was premature of me to post before I really know what the heck is going on inside my head.

With the fog starting to clear I'm seeing my actions for what they are/have been and am starting to think that maybe our issues aren't such "deal-breakers." That maybe we aren't alone with some of the problems that we have.

Me/WS 32
H 32
M 6 years, together 12
D-Day 3/8/09
R
R
How long have you had NC with OM?

You are never alone in your problems and most of them arent deal breakers. The good people at this site can help you.

BH-me 32
WW-27
D2
D7
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 148 guests, and 42 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
peppa, RP4280, Philip Pitre, ClarencePeterson, ColsDawg
71,872 Registered Users
Latest Posts
Children
by BrainHurts - 09/28/24 06:19 PM
Spying on Wife's phone without getting caught?
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 08:59 PM
Depression
by ClarencePeterson - 09/22/24 11:19 AM
Separated/Dating
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:58 PM
Child activities
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 08:56 PM
Loss of libido/Sexual Attraction
by ClarencePeterson - 09/21/24 06:10 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums67
Topics133,608
Posts2,323,426
Members71,872
Most Online3,185
Jan 27th, 2020
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 2024, Marriage Builders, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation