Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 129 of 152 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 151 152
Verve #2187973 01/06/09 02:06 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I love the Green Mile. Definitely, the best SK book to movie make. Most of his books don't translate well on screen. I have to admit, I LOOOOVE The Shining but that has more to do with Jack Nicholson than it being a really great adaptation of the book. I can't stand the chick who played Wendy....man she messed up that character!

Shelly Duvall. Man, where is SHE anymore? She made a GREAT Olive in Popeye!!

Yeah, the Green Mile, Shawshank, Stand By Me...those were all pretty true to the books and/or short stories. Gray always liked Needful Things but they left SO MUCH out of that movie!!

I saw parts of the Stand but never the whole thing because they could have picked better characters for the heroes. Tom Cullen's was a good pick, though. And Randall Flagg, I guess. I always envisioned him as darker, though, not so red like Jaime.

Oh yeah, Gray liked 'Salem's Lot a lot, too. It was okay. I like David Soul but that's just because I had an ENORMOUS crush on him when he was in Starsky and Hutch!!! LOL!!

(I also had an ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC crush on Tony Orlando...but you didn't hear that from me!! LMAO!!!)

Did you see the remake of the Shining with dude, what's-his-name? He was on Wings? Stephen........crap! I can't remember but Rebecca DeMornay played Wendy.

Oh, I thought of a couple good ones...Cat's Eye and Creepshow! Yeah, but those were from short stories, too. Those always translate better.

Actually, Misery wasn't that bad but they still had to leave stuff out. And I was disappointed that he wasn't hobbled correctly in the movie but I guess that was just TOO MUCH for the filmmaker's to handle!!

Maximum Overdrive!! Yeah!! We always loved this one even though people b-tched about it! Hey it had a great soundtrack, too! AC/DC!!

Still waiting for a movie out of the Talisman. That would be REALLY good if done right!!

Oh yeah, and what about Dreamcatcher? That was pretty good even though they had to leave a TON of stuff out!

Okay, I'd better shut up now or I'll be here all night!!

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Verve #2187974 01/06/09 02:09 AM
D
OP Offline
D
If he has, that is awesome!! It just seems strange when Scientologists go on about not using "medications" you know. I've heard conflicting stories, but I have seen (from pictures and interviews) that John and Kelly loved him so much. It's a very, very sad thing.

Yeah. There's another group that eschews doctors and/or medicine as well but I can't recall which one now. I remember a case where a little boy had to be taken away because the parents refused treatment for a common thing. I wonder whatever became of that kid?

Charlotte

V
V
OMG, I laughed at Dreamcatcher (sorry). I thought it was bad, though Donnie Wahlberg is a much better actor than he is singer.

I loved Misery, but then again, I love Kathy Bates. Didn't they make a Delores Claiborne movie or have I had too much wine?

What's your favorite SK book? I have three. The Stand (of course), Desperation, and Gerald's Game with the Shining coming in a close fourth! Yeah, the TV remake of the Shining was so much more like the book, but who can forget, "I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in, bash them right the F IN!"? Hahaha....JN is awesome!

He and Sean Connery are two older guys that can ALWAYS get the ladies. Even chicks my age...lol and they are old enough to be my grandfathers. I have to admit that I think old Sean Connery is better looking than 007 Connery (maybe it's because I like Daniel Craig now?). rotflmao

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
cinderella #2187977 01/06/09 02:12 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by cinderella
The Green Mile - part of that was shot less than 10 miles from my house.

WAY cool!!!!!!!!!

Which part? Which part?

And MAN did they pick a great character for Percy Wetmore!! That guy was in the X-Files a couple of times as Eugene Tooms. ((shudder))

He was POI-FEKT!! But they did a great job of casting for the whole movie, really.

Frank Darabont did that movie, didn't he?

Rockin'!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte

V
V
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
WAY cool!!!!!!!!!

Which part? Which part?

I second that!

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
C
C
Yeah. There's another group that eschews doctors and/or medicine as well but I can't recall which one now. I remember a case where a little boy had to be taken away because the parents refused treatment for a common thing. I wonder whatever became of that kid?

Charlotte

Christian Scientists?

Verve #2187982 01/06/09 02:24 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by Verve
WAY cool!!!!!!!!!

Which part? Which part?

I second that!

The prison exteriors.

More

cinderella #2187983 01/06/09 02:25 AM
V
V
You're a VOL/Titan?????

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Verve #2187984 01/06/09 02:25 AM
D
OP Offline
D
OMG, I laughed at Dreamcatcher (sorry). I thought it was bad, though Donnie Wahlberg is a much better actor than he is singer.

I loved Misery, but then again, I love Kathy Bates. Didn't they make a Delores Claiborne movie or have I had too much wine?

What's your favorite SK book? I have three. The Stand (of course), Desperation, and Gerald's Game with the Shining coming in a close fourth! Yeah, the TV remake of the Shining was so much more like the book, but who can forget, "I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in, bash them right the F IN!"? Hahaha....JN is awesome!

He and Sean Connery are two older guys that can ALWAYS get the ladies.

I liked Dreamcatcher because they did a good job with the connection between the friends. And of course, Thomas Jane is easy on the eyes! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! What a hottie!!!!! Did you see him in the Punisher? John Travolta was in that one, too. As a baddie!! UH-OH!!!

Let's see...the Stand #1 with a bullet!! Yeah, Gerald's Game was good but that can easily creep me out, especially if I start thinking about it in the early morning when there are only vague shapes in the bedroom...what's that??!! Could it be the Space Cowboy over there in the corner??!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Right now I think my faves are the Stand, the Green Mile and the last Bachman book-Blaze. That one was really a heart-wrencher!!

But the Talisman was really great, and the follow-up (after YEARS and YEARS finally!!) Black House.

Insomnia was pretty good too with the little bald doctors.

Carrie...that one was pretty much how it was for me in high school being picked on, minus the pig's blood at least!! (and the insane mother!)

I liked the last one quite a bit...the one with Edgar and his buddy the lawyer...the title escapes me at the moment!!

Aw, man, I could go on and on!! Misery, heck yeah!!

Oh yeah, and they did make a movie out of Dolores Claiborne but they left one of the major, major things out of it and that was quite a disappointment! I don't know WHY they left that out--it was such an integral part of the story!! I finally watched that movie in 2007 a couple of months after d-day. I had to dig it out of the videotapes because we didn't have it on dvd.

And no, not because I was thinking about what Dolores did to her husband... rotflmao

I think I did it because I was reading all of the books again so I wouldn't think about the A because I didn't know what to do about it.

Oh YEAH!!! What about Rose Madder??? That is one of my favorites too! Viva ze bool!!!!!!!!!!!

cinderella #2187985 01/06/09 02:28 AM
D
OP Offline
D

Charlotte

Christian Scientists?

I'm not sure. Could be.

V
V
OMG LOOOOVE Rose Madder, too! *sigh* I just adore all Stephen King in general. It's funny, I read Carrie when I was 12 and I could never get into any of the others of his, but I loved that one. About 8 years ago I read IT and that WAS it, I was hooked on SK. Yes, Insomnia was great, too. I really enjoyed that.

Have you read a book called 2012? Parts of it reminded me of SK, but he is not as THOROUGH of a writer as SK. I absolutely adore how he writes. I've even read his book on writing, lol. That's because I write also. I would love to share a piece of something that I've written with others that love to read, but I'm afraid that they won't give me a real critique because they are nice...you know?

Thomas Jane, wow, yeah! I first saw him in a movie called Thursday and I was hooked! Haha

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
cinderella #2187987 01/06/09 02:31 AM
D
OP Offline
D
WAY cool!!!!!!!!!

Which part? Which part?

I second that!

The prison exteriors.

More

Oh yeah!! The Last Castle!! That was SUCH a good movie!!

Verve #2187988 01/06/09 02:33 AM
C
C
I am not a Titan fan. LOL! When my daughter couldn't wash her hands with warm water at her elementary school, the other voters approved a gazillion dollar stadium bond deal to get bud adams to bring his Houston Oilers here. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! puke

The Vols are OK. The 'Dores are OK. I'd rather see the Commodores win a game than the Vols - their athletes actually have to study as it is a near-Ivy League quality school...they have student athletes. It's not a 'junior pro' team like the Vols. grumble However, they can say my tax dollars don't fund football at UT but I have a feeling they do in some way. grumble

cinderella #2187989 01/06/09 02:33 AM
C
C
BTW, I am not a SK reader.

cinderella #2187991 01/06/09 02:34 AM
V
V
Haha, well all I will say is that if I had stayed in my hometown, UT would be my alma mater....

I HAVE to bleed orange, otherwise my family would kick my behind. My mom HAS to watch every Vols game and especially Lady Vols. Even when she is here at my house (and none of us are into sports).

Go TN! rotflmao

What kind of books do you like, Cinders? Do you like to read?

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Verve #2187993 01/06/09 02:40 AM
C
C
One of the best books I've read in ages is Chasing Fireflies.

I like novels....love Jeffrey Archer.

OOPS!!! I needed to go to bed 2 hours or more ago.....gotta run. Less than 4 hours till the alarm goes off. :MrEEk:

Last edited by cinderella; 01/06/09 02:42 AM.
Verve #2187994 01/06/09 02:41 AM
D
OP Offline
D
OMG LOOOOVE Rose Madder, too! *sigh* I just adore all Stephen King in general. It's funny, I read Carrie when I was 12 and I could never get into any of the others of his, but I loved that one. About 8 years ago I read IT and that WAS it, I was hooked on SK. Yes, Insomnia was great, too. I really enjoyed that.

Have you read a book called 2012? Parts of it reminded me of SK, but he is not as THOROUGH of a writer as SK. I absolutely adore how he writes. I've even read his book on writing, lol. That's because I write also. I would love to share a piece of something that I've written with others that love to read, but I'm afraid that they won't give me a real critique because they are nice...you know?

Thomas Jane, wow, yeah! I first saw him in a movie called Thursday and I was hooked! Haha

Oh It!! I forgot about It!! Tim Curry was so great in that movie as Pennywise in the movie! Yeah, It is definitely in the Top 5!! Or 10!! It's so hard to pick!

2012...nope but I'll sure look for it!

Yeah, I read On Writing, too! I like to write also which is probably why Stephen King is such a favorite. A lot of people just think, "Oh, he's a horror writer, blah blah, blah..." but DANG he captures human emotions so WELL!! Human emotions, habits, oddities, etc. !!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to read it! I write mostly short stories and poems but I need to batten down the hatches and get started on that Shiny novel soon! He already has actors picked out to play his role! LMAO!!

Ooh! Did you ever see Thomas Jane in that movie with Vincent D'Onofrio (yet ANOTHER hottie!!)? Crud! I can't remember the name of it!! It was an indie-kinda movie...well, maybe I'll remember it later. I have a copy of it somewhere. Ooh! And VD'O had LONG hair...WOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, MOMMA!!!

cinderella #2187995 01/06/09 02:42 AM
D
OP Offline
D
BTW, I am not a SK reader.

Aw, bummer!!!

cinderella #2187996 01/06/09 02:43 AM
V
V
I've not read that or any of his novels. What does JA generally write about?

Edit: Alright I gotta go to bed too. I have a job callback tomorrow...woohoo!

Edit 2: If you ever want to share any writing or read what something that I've written (and give an Honest to God assessment) you can reach me at the email on my signature line. I really want an unbiased opinion. My fault, with writing, is that I rarely finish anything. I get tired of the story and the chars and have more in mind. So....maybe if I get honest opinions it will inspire me smile

Last edited by Verve; 01/06/09 02:53 AM.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Verve #2187999 01/06/09 04:01 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I've not read that or any of his novels. What does JA generally write about?

Edit: Alright I gotta go to bed too. I have a job callback tomorrow...woohoo!

Edit 2: If you ever want to share any writing or read what something that I've written (and give an Honest to God assessment) you can reach me at the email on my signature line. I really want an unbiased opinion. My fault, with writing, is that I rarely finish anything. I get tired of the story and the chars and have more in mind. So....maybe if I get honest opinions it will inspire me smile

Yep, me too. In just a few. I have done enough spelunking in Boy's (ODS's) old room, LOL!!

Found ANOTHER box of clothes!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

rotflmao

That makes FOURTEEN boxes!! And they aren't small boxes, either. They are BIG!! I can't BELIEVE Gray had so many dang clothes!! And I thought I was bad??!! :MrEEk:

Hey, at least I WEAR mine! He has clothes here that he either bought or that were given to him that aren't even WORN!! At ALL! Well, it's all going to the Paralyzed Veterans of America's Thrift Store so someone will get some nice clothing!

Those aren't even all of his clothes, either. There are more that I haven't been able to get to yet. This box was a hidden surprise. There are a few kid's clothes mixed in but not very dang many!!

WOW!! :MrEEk: faint AGAIN!!

Yeah, I'd like to take you up on that, Verve, Baby!!

Soon. Very soon.

Charlotte

Page 129 of 152 1 2 127 128 129 130 131 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation