Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 134 of 142 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 141 142
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Bugsmom
Even with the done-o-meter pegged out, I know this had to still hurt. I'm sorry, but not surprised and I doubt that you are surprised either.

I'm really not surprised in the slightest. I'm really not sure it hurt though, but that could just be because I've been expecting it.

I think perhaps I feel most sorry for the baby that is coming into that situation.

Right there with you on this one.

Hang in there. As you say, take it slow eith the dating and DS. I'm doing the same with Ladybug. I think that barrel is there for you & SD both!! You just aren't quite ready for it,,,,,,but almost!!

Hangin on sarg! *salute*

Maybe the barrel is there... maybe I'm -in- the barrel.. and some lucky fisherwoman will reel me in smile

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
B
B

Maybe the barrel is there... maybe I'm -in- the barrel.. and some lucky fisherwoman will reel me in

EXACTLY! Now THAT is the right way to be thinking!!

Wish you lived closer,,,,,,,,,I know several great ladies who would be more than happy to "drop you their line"! blush

Have a great day!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
S
Jesus James! I think I'm going to keep my month shut on this one!

I heard you one feeling sorry for WB...I actually remember feeling that way for HER along the way...

I was wondering can we look up the cheat codes and have the little arrors on the screen to help find the barrel...you know like I have the kids set up for on the xbox... think :MrEEk:

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Strivn4Better
Jesus James! I think I'm going to keep my month shut on this one!

I heard you one feeling sorry for WB...I actually remember feeling that way for HER along the way...

I was wondering can we look up the cheat codes and have the little arrors on the screen to help find the barrel...you know like I have the kids set up for on the xbox... think :MrEEk:

UP UP DOWN DOWN A B Start

That one always gets em..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Bugsmom
Wish you lived closer,,,,,,,,,I know several great ladies who would be more than happy to "drop you their line"! blush

shocked think skeptical

Hmm... well, I've done the long distance thing, and TBH it's really not something that's on my radar right now.. a few counties over feels almost too far as it is. Though.. I have been known to cut out of town for the weekend on occasion.

dance2

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
P
P
DS mentioned this morning on the way to daycare that 'mommy has a baby in her belly'.

faint

Do you detect a pattern here? Look out WB....

Sheesh... poor baby. Worse than that, poor DS. I wonder if this will change her relationship with him much.

She's really a piece of work. puke

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

Sheesh... poor baby. Worse than that, poor DS. I wonder if this will change her relationship with him much.

She's really a piece of work. puke

Yep.. it's the pattern she's used her whole life so far.. I kinda feel sorry for WB as he's the next speedbump for her to run over.. I kinda feel sorry for her as I know one day she's going to wake up to find herself used up, empty, and utterly alone... but I really feel sorry for DS and DSD.. I know when DS was born DSD faded into her background picture.. and has been there ever since.. one of the reasons I was so insistent early on that I get to continue spending time with her.. I know at least DS will have ONE parent that will keep him front and center in his life.. so maybe it'll be a little better for him.

Yeah.. she's a piece of work alright... I'd be willing to bet in her excitement about all of it she hasn't even given a single thought to how the heck she's going to put food on the table for her kids while she's off on maternity leave, and Mr. Wonderful still hasn't found steady work.

I have a feeling there's more drama down the road here.. but I've got my 'It's not my problem you're a stupid (rhymes with roar) and he's an ignorant worthless (rhymes with brick).. you deal with your problems, if DS is wanting for anything he and his sister can come live with me' response all ready.

Last edited by Jamesus; 01/07/09 09:56 AM.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S

That's kind of the same thing I was thinking...just nicer and I didn't want to say anything negative like I was thinking out of respect for you...

Looking on the bright side, this COULD play into your favor for full custody in the future...more horrible decisions...not being able to provide food and clothing...it MAY help YOU and DS out in the long run...things get to tight...

You never know God's plan until it's right up on you or has already passed...then you go "AH, WOW!"

UP UP DOWN DOWN A B START huh? grin

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey... who knows.. third time might really be the charm.

I mean.. the whole stereotype is 'Three kids by three different dads'... maybe it stops there for some reason?

skeptical

But no.. judging from the pattern.. I really don't think she's learned anything, and history is doomed to repeat itself.

Apart from the impact it will have on DS and DSD, I really don't care anymore. Don't feel too terrible for DS though, he's in pretty good hands a little bit over half the year :D, and I'm well equipped now to give him all the 'tools' he needs to survive the other parts without too many cuts and bruises.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
Q
Q
DS mentioned this morning on the way to daycare that 'mommy has a baby in her belly'.
faint

In the words of Bug's line... You can't fix stupid...

I guess she hasn't stopped thinking about ONLY HERSELF....

Maybe she doesn't realize where babies come from? Or it's her religion? faint

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
W
W
faint

Hopefully DS is wrong.

Poor baby, is all I have to say.

Fox

S
S
Originally Posted by Queenie
Maybe she doesn't realize where babies come from? Or it's her religion?

Gosh, I thought babies came from Sugar Daddies...looks like Jamesus' xw does too smirk

Last edited by silentlucidity; 01/07/09 12:18 PM. Reason: What a maroon!!!

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Well Queenie.. I could say it's her religion, but she's pretty much turned her back on all of that. Her Church won't recognize her relationship with Wonderboy.. the child perhaps, but unless or until I seek the marriage to be dissolved by the church on the basis of adultery, I don't think they'll have much to do with her.

As for whether or not DS is wrong, even if he is wrong now, I have absolutely no doubt that it's on the horizon. If Wonderboy won't deliver the goods, she'll find someone else to. I think one of the major breakdowns in the M was that I didn't think it was the right time to have another child, and she desperately wanted one right now.. Honestly I think DS is probably on the up and up with this one, as he's complaining about having to move into DSD's room with her when the baby comes..

Originally Posted by silentlucidity
Gosh, I thought babies came from Sugar Daddies...looks like Jamesus' xw does too smirk

rotflmao Nice one SL

Well all I know is that Wonderboy better be finding himself a good job real quick in a town that is awfully short on those (major employers here are Chrysler and Delphi (GM) ).. or they're going to be facing a major hurt in the pocket book real soon.

Diapers and formula and daycare ain't cheap.

Last edited by Jamesus; 01/07/09 12:46 PM.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
Sorry for the trigger, James, even if it doesn't feel like much, but I am glad that you have extricated yourself from this woman. As much as possible, anyway.

S
S
Originally Posted by Jamesus
Well all I know is that Wonderboy better be finding himself a good job real quick in a town that is awfully short on those (major employers here are Chrysler and Delphi (GM) ).. or they're going to be facing a major hurt in the pocket book real soon.

I would have chosen a better sugar daddy. As it stands, he's just a baby daddy. He prolly won't even be able to elevate his status to high fructose corn syrup daddy with those job prospects.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
B
B
Yeah, I think he's probably better defined as artificial sweetner, like Sweet n Low, only not the name brand kind, more like the generic kind.

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks SD.. as much as I've allowed myself to think about it today, maybe it was more of a trigger than I initially accepted it for.

I really am dissapointed.. not shocked or suprised in the slightest, but I think I can best describe it as dissapointment.. haven't figured out yet if I'm dissapointed in her for being so stupid and selfish.. or dissapointed in myself that I didn't recognize it before I married her.

Wonderboy doesn't have the excuse that he didn't really -know- what happened with the breakup of her previous relationship.. and honestly, had I known about this woman what he -ought- to have observed by now.. I'd have run for the hills before 'Hi, nice shoes' ever escaped my lips..

SL... you are crackin me up today woman! rotflmao

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
J
Jamesus Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by BetrayedCajun
Yeah, I think he's probably better defined as artificial sweetner, like Sweet n Low, only not the name brand kind, more like the generic kind.

rotflmao

Milk Dud..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
S
S
Originally Posted by James
haven't figured out yet if I'm dissapointed in her for being so stupid and selfish.. or dissapointed in myself that I didn't recognize it before I married her.

At this juncture, I would assume BOTH to be true. Don't go beatin' yourself up, though, James. You can't know what you dont' know, you know.

Believe you me, I have spent many a moment blaming myself for not recognizing what a selfish SOB the Z is. I always knew he was selfish, but I didn't translate that into being careless with me. I did love him a great deal, but shoulda known he wasn't right for me. Shoulda, coulda, woulda--get rid of those from your vocabulary.

Now you know better. NOW you know to be more discerning, and to allow your logic and heart to work together when looking for a mate. Now you know to be unafraid to address those sneaking suspicions and red flags. Now you know...

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
S
S
Originally Posted by silentlucidity
Originally Posted by James
haven't figured out yet if I'm dissapointed in her for being so stupid and selfish.. or dissapointed in myself that I didn't recognize it before I married her.

At this juncture, I would assume BOTH to be true. Don't go beatin' yourself up, though, James. You can't know what you dont' know, you know.
SL beat me to it. You learn and then you move on.

Beating yourself up distracts you from what a wonderful day it is outside.

Besides, she gave you DS.

Last edited by sdguy038; 01/07/09 02:51 PM.
Page 134 of 142 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 141 142

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 53 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation