Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 133 of 152 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 151 152
Dancing_Machine #2193246 01/14/09 03:25 PM
P
P
DM, this is going to seem like a weird question... grin... but do you plan on staying in the marital home once everything is finalized?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Dealan-de #2193250 01/14/09 03:30 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
Originally Posted by cinderella
Well, it's good to know your home won't be burning down.

That's ALWAYS a good thing!

Heck yeah!!! grin

cinderella #2193252 01/14/09 03:31 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Oh, yeah! That is REALLY GOOD!!!!

There are some times when you do not want to have a 'hot time'.

rotflmao

princessmeggy #2193253 01/14/09 03:33 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
DM, this is going to seem like a weird question... grin... but do you plan on staying in the marital home once everything is finalized?

Hmmmm.....I don't know. It would be nice to be able to rent it out and rent something closer to the school to cut down on the commute...of course I would still have to commute to my grandma's but it seems like I'm in the Houston area more often than not these days, LOL! wink

It needs so much in the way of repair I don't know if I could rent it out, though.

It doesn't bother me at all to stay there, though. I thought it would, I really did. But it doesn't. I guess because it is MY house now. My sanctuary, LOL!

Charlotte

Dancing_Machine #2193292 01/14/09 04:08 PM
P
P
Wellllll, I keep up with a certain little blog every now and then and it seems like a certain blogger has other ideas. You might want your IM to check this out for shiny. skeptical

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
princessmeggy #2193380 01/14/09 06:10 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Wellllll, I keep up with a certain little blog every now and then and it seems like a certain blogger has other ideas. You might want your IM to check this out for shiny. skeptical

Hmmmm.....funny you should mention that. I was just telling Shiny in an email and Mom last night: I am going to check out a certain blogger that princess meggy keeps up with every now and then when I am at the office next time. I can't check from my own pc because this certain blogger watches ISP addresses.

rotflmao

Actually PL-T was supposed to be keeping up with this but to tell the truth, it really did slip my mind for a really long time. I didn't even think about it when she started her new job in November. It was just the other night I remembered it. I don't recall what made me remember it, though.

BUT...I DID have a dream that I was looking for something online and I found it. It wasn't the blog but another area this certain blogger frequents.

grin

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll likely drop-by Shiny's to check on that before belly dancing unless he is tied up in court and won't be there. Otherwise I will check it when I am there on Saturday.

Charlotte

Dancing_Machine #2193530 01/15/09 12:26 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Well...the meter box is FIXED!!!

Yay!! One less thang!!!

I only have one thing to say about that:

hurray hurray hurray

Dancing_Machine #2193975 01/15/09 05:42 PM
M
M
OKay, I'm curious about the certain blogger...

But, I digress -

Glad the meter's fixed!!!

These next paragraphs are cross-posted, part of my last post to my thread - but wanted to let you know!!

So - Charlotte - and Brit's Brat - I fired off an email to Shiny this afternoon. Gave him a rundown on the case and asked him to respond with a "yes, I'll do a consult" or "no, but here's someone else you should talk to." If he doesn't by Monday, I'll call. I don't know if he reads emails in a timely way (some folks don't). I told him I had no objection to pursuing a divorce in the state where I'm resident AND pursuing another lawsuit (re: Princess Meggy's suggestion about breach of fiduciary responsibility to the corporation) in another.

Don't know for sure that I want to do that yet. But I have no objection, either. And I certainly DO want to hear what the options are. PrincessMeggy has pushed me on this - I went and read the state laws - and it looks to my uneducated eye that there is a possibility she's right (and her eye is MUCH more educated than mine is in this regard.)

My state-of-residence is pretty much an "equitable division" state - even in the case of adultery it MIGHT go from 50-50 to 60-40 - and WH lost me $5.5M contract and has driven the company to the brink of bankruptcy, and me along with it. Somehow, 60-40 of the home, belongings, etc., just doesn't seem like its gonna get it.

- anyway, DM, Brit's Brat, et al - thanks for the referral. I'm looking forward to hearing from him. I'm even more hoping to meet him, given all of your cheerleading and descriptions, DM!!!
I'll let you know!

- M

Me - BW/BS Age: 56 Married 7 1/2 years Divorced Jan 2010
EA began '07 PA began Jan '08
Found out July 2008 Found MB September
Plan A 09/03/2008
I filed D 10/31/2008
Dark Plan B began 11/09/2008
Emerged from Plan B 11/15/2009
Court date (final) scheduled for 12/16/2009
Divorce Final January 2010
Plan B recommenced upon Divorce

miriam123 #2194215 01/16/09 02:41 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by miriam123
OKay, I'm curious about the certain blogger...

But, I digress -

Glad the meter's fixed!!!

These next paragraphs are cross-posted, part of my last post to my thread - but wanted to let you know!!

So - Charlotte - and Brit's Brat - I fired off an email to Shiny this afternoon. Gave him a rundown on the case and asked him to respond with a "yes, I'll do a consult" or "no, but here's someone else you should talk to." If he doesn't by Monday, I'll call. I don't know if he reads emails in a timely way (some folks don't). I told him I had no objection to pursuing a divorce in the state where I'm resident AND pursuing another lawsuit (re: Princess Meggy's suggestion about breach of fiduciary responsibility to the corporation) in another.

Don't know for sure that I want to do that yet. But I have no objection, either. And I certainly DO want to hear what the options are. PrincessMeggy has pushed me on this - I went and read the state laws - and it looks to my uneducated eye that there is a possibility she's right (and her eye is MUCH more educated than mine is in this regard.)

My state-of-residence is pretty much an "equitable division" state - even in the case of adultery it MIGHT go from 50-50 to 60-40 - and WH lost me $5.5M contract and has driven the company to the brink of bankruptcy, and me along with it. Somehow, 60-40 of the home, belongings, etc., just doesn't seem like its gonna get it.

- anyway, DM, Brit's Brat, et al - thanks for the referral. I'm looking forward to hearing from him. I'm even more hoping to meet him, given all of your cheerleading and descriptions, DM!!!
I'll let you know!

- M

LOL, miriam!

Oh, it's nobody special. Just your garden variety alien! wink

Cool, I will let Shiny know about your email. I sure hope you get to pick his brain. He is super smart. And NOT just because he is an attorney, LOL! wink

Yeah, you want to meet him. Trust me. wink

Talk to you later!!

Charlotte

Dancing_Machine #2194216 01/16/09 02:57 AM
D
OP Offline
D
I actually made it to class tonight! Felt good to get back in the groove! Ha ha...no pun intended!

I viewed the certain blogger in question at Shiny's thanks to princess meggy. Yeah, he talks a lot of crap. What he THINKS and what is REALITY are two different animals. No surprise there, eh?

I opened it up on Shiny's pc for him and shrank the window so he can read it when he has more time. It is good fodder for him to read and absorb...get more into the mind of the enemy, KWIM?

Today Shiny received a fax from the Dark Side. It seems that Gray's attorney cannot make it for the trial and wants to push it back a week. Or forward a week...which is correct? crazy

Okay, the date he wants is a week later than the set date.

So we may be a week later than planned.

Baby Attorney was in today. And PL-T stopped in to borrow the internet because her daughter picked up a virus and crashed her laptop!! Yikes!!!

Well, I have one more thing to do before bed so I'd better get it done!!

Charlotte

Dancing_Machine #2194353 01/16/09 10:54 AM
M
M
Charlotte -

You sound good. You jus' keep on dancin', girl....

dance2

- M

Me - BW/BS Age: 56 Married 7 1/2 years Divorced Jan 2010
EA began '07 PA began Jan '08
Found out July 2008 Found MB September
Plan A 09/03/2008
I filed D 10/31/2008
Dark Plan B began 11/09/2008
Emerged from Plan B 11/15/2009
Court date (final) scheduled for 12/16/2009
Divorce Final January 2010
Plan B recommenced upon Divorce

miriam123 #2194720 01/16/09 07:40 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by miriam123
Charlotte -

You sound good. You jus' keep on dancin', girl....

dance2

- M

Thank you! Yeah, not too shabby. I had a contractor out today to view the damage. Will probably cost $20,000 for everything so Shiny will sure be a happy camper about that, LOL!!

My sister said my Mom gets so MAD at Gray! I just said...well...what's the point in getting mad, really? He's only making himself look bad. If he's too stupid to realize that then that's his folly, eh?

grin

Dancing_Machine #2196131 01/19/09 08:29 PM
D
OP Offline
D
Well, it's no dice for OWH. The puppet wouldn't give an inch. It seems her master has trained her quite well.

So that means:

SCORCHED EARTH PART II!!

Coming in March to a courtroom near you!!!

grin

In other news:

Tomorrow is Shiny's birthday!!

I gave him his present Saturday after the round table meeting. LOL!

I found this way cool place in December that does engraving and also makes plaques. So I ordered one with his name, Attorney at Law, and the Scales of Justice. Really, I wanted to put: Super Attorney Extraordinaire!! But there was no room!! Darn!!

It's about 2'x 1/2 a foot or so. And I picked the right stain for it from memory! WOO-HOOOOOOOO!!!

He LOVED it!! I told him he could hang it on the front door but he doesn't want it to get weathered. All that's out there now is a metal sign. It's pretty nondescript. You would never guess at the power just by seeing the facade.

But that's good. It tricks the enemy and keeps them on their toes!!! Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

Charlotte

C
C
THREAD JACK!!!

For those of you not familiar with ChaiLover's thread, "WH filed for divorce", please check out the last several posts. She is facing the eminent crisis of providing care for her addict-daughter's newborn. This is a new crisis in Chai's live and she could really use some help. As the mother of a grown woman, she has nothing, REPEAT - NOTHING for this baby...no bed, clothes, food, bottles. There is talk about a cyber-shower for our friend.

cinderella #2196206 01/20/09 01:07 AM
D
OP Offline
D
THREAD JACK!!!

For those of you not familiar with ChaiLover's thread, "WH filed for divorce", please check out the last several posts. She is facing the eminent crisis of providing care for her addict-daughter's newborn. This is a new crisis in Chai's live and she could really use some help. As the mother of a grown woman, she has nothing, REPEAT - NOTHING for this baby...no bed, clothes, food, bottles. There is talk about a cyber-shower for our friend.

Yeah, barbiecat posted her contact info earlier for those who want to get on the guest list.

Sign on up, Peoples!!!

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
Okay, I guess I should title this one:

"No Way to Run a Railroad"

I had a contractor out for estimates nearly 2 weeks ago. He said he didn't normally WORK on houses like mine but that he would have the estimates ready in a week. He even said he would do an estimate both on the Hardy Plank siding and the regular.

Okay. A week goes by. Nothing. So I called him last Friday and he told me he would have the estimates ready by Tuesday and meet me so I could get them from him. I told him I had class all day and would like to get them in the a.m. if possible.

So I called in the a.m. yesterday. Nothing. Called his wife, too, since she is 1/2 owner. Nothing.

Called during break. Called between classes.

Nothing nothing nothing.

Called this a.m. Nothing. So I called the people who referred them, the same people who fixed the meter box. They were nice enough to call him for me.

Supposedly he is supposed to call me today before 5.

I already called Shiny and talked to him about what was up, then again to leave a message a few minutes ago.

This is information that needs to go to oc TODAY. And the contractor knows how important this is.

But does he have the balls to call me? NO. I am getting the runaround. Why not just tell me this on Friday? At least I could have gotten someone else to do estimates for me, or at least TRIED to get someone else to do them, you know? But he freakin' sat on the phone Friday and LIED to me, saying he would have this ready for me yesterday.

This really p*sses me off!! On the last message I left with the contractor I even said I would pay WHATEVER just to get a ballpark of whatever he has finished, if ANYTHING!!

Why do people do this sh*t???!!!!

This is a small town. I bet you can guess who will NOT be getting any referrals from me.

This is just ridiculous!!

So I am giving it until 2 p.m. and then I need to take Shiny what I DO have--the info from the school and info Mom picked up on the fly from the vet.

Gray thinks I owe him $15,000 in vet & feed bills. I am still LMAO about THAT one!

Charlotte

C
C
Got a Better Business Bureau in your county/town? Chamber of Commerce? I know the state would have a consumer affairs section. Even if they don't do anything, you can report him and be a(nother) blemish on his (un)spotted record.

D
OP Offline
D
Well, I'm back.

I asked DIL if she would stay with my g'ma for a couple of hours but I had no idea there was so much to go over with Shiny.

So, cousin spelled her for me and when we were done going over financials I stayed and helped get the exhibits ready for trial.

Now they are ready to rock-n-roll! All 24 of them!!

Never did get a call from the contractor. Yeah, even contractors like to gaslight people, apparently. It will be okay, though.

I am not worried about it. Shiny is not worried about it. He included the list I made back in December instead. It doesn't have prices but it has repairs that are needed. Plus we have the PowerPoint with all of the pictures.

It was really sweet of Shiny to let me help with my case so much. It saved me (well, really Mom at this point, since she's been paying my Shiny bill, LOL!)--a LOT of money and everyone is well-versed with the material.

It's all good!

Charlotte

D
OP Offline
D
Got a Better Business Bureau in your county/town? Chamber of Commerce? I know the state would have a consumer affairs section. Even if they don't do anything, you can report him and be a(nother) blemish on his (un)spotted record.

Thanks, cinder.

I don't know but it's a small town. He won't be getting any referrals from me. I'm sure that the people who referred him aren't happy about this either. That is not going to help his business.

I may call one more time and let him/them know that I was really disappointed and hurt about this. Or maybe I'll write a letter. It's not like I was asking for the moon, after all. Just some figures.

Really, if I wanted to be a jerk, I could have asked Shiny to subpoena him. It would only have cost me $100. But that's okay. Best to let sleeping dogs lie and LYING dogs will have their day! (LOL! If you don't mind my skewering a few famous anecdotes/sayings/ditties/etc.)

Charlotte

C
C
I can do some nice PowerPoint stuff. If you ever need help, let me know.

Page 133 of 152 1 2 131 132 133 134 135 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 663 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation