Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by jmwc95
Tell her betrayed husband. You shouldn't worry about your friendship because you should not even have a friendship with someone of the opposite sex who is married anyway. It's time to spill the beans, so her husband can start working on their marriage again.

Let me ask you this, if your wife was cheating from someone on the office, would you like for it to continue and no one tell you about it, or would you like one of her coworkers to tell you so you could do something about it?

There is probably a 99% chance that your friend's husband will not divorce her. If he does, it'll probably be because of her actions after he finds out, like not agreeing to no contact and switching jobs.
Thanks Jim,
I thought I cleared up the gender issue with my repost. Her and I are women and are married to men smile .

OK, so telling the husband is what I have to do...before I do that, I would like to make one more try to get her to do it. Wouldn't it be better coming from her? What I am hoping to find are some stories people remember or I can search for about WS's coming clean on stuff like this after D-Day. Or stories about BS's that were hurt by not finding out. I need some convincing stuff.

Yes, if my Husband was having an A, I would like to get tipped off about it. I guess the Divorce concern comes from the BS's statement @ D-Day that if anything like this ever happened again that he was going to leave.

In no way an I blaming him, but I really wish they had sought some advice after D-Day. They are young I suppose and didn't know any better. It just seems like he said OK, I'll forgive you this time, lets move past It, just don't talk to him anymore. To my knowledge there was no checking up on her, maybe some phone calls, but it makes me wonder...

I wonder if she told him everything... I don't get the impression my friend and OM were in love, but certainly there was an addiction or something that kept it going. The whole thing makes me so upset. I wish in some ways I never learned about this. I keep shaking my head every time I think about it. That and hugging my H as often as I can.

B
B
Originally Posted by RandyMac
I thought I cleared up the gender issue with my repost. Her and I are women and are married to men smile

Q: "Just a simple question, please. Are you the same sex as your friend? Yes or no?"

A: "Yes, opposite sex..."

dontknow

I would like to make one more try to get her to do it.

Good luck with that because most waywards are cowards.

Or stories about BS's that were hurt by not finding out.

How would the BS be hurt if they didn't find out? dontknow If you meant the BS didn't find out until something else happened, then you won't have to look far. Most waywards deny and lie until they can't deny anymore and by that time the BS is so angry by the additional lying and [censored] covering that they blow up. The BS is always going to be hurt but continuing to hide the truth will make it a million times worse.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
I
I
This made me think if someone were in a situation like this and wanted to tell the betrayed spouse but didn't want to let on who it was....how would they do it.

One way would be to email the husband or the home email account from a unknown yahoo email account pretending to be the OM. Just a quick email just to get his/her a red flag enough for them to start questioning things etc.

Another would be a phone call hang up or even have a male call and ask for her etc.

Maybe its late and I shouldn't even have started this post sleep

R
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by black_raven
I thought I cleared up the gender issue with my repost. Her and I are women and are married to men smile
Q: "Just a simple question, please. Are you the same sex as your friend? Yes or no?"
A: "Yes, opposite sex..."
dontknow
I need a proofreader... I think I was going to originally write "no we are not opposite sex friends..." but later looked at the question and wanted to answer that Yes or No, so YES, we are same sex friends.

How would the BS be hurt if they didn't find out? dontknow If you meant the BS didn't find out until something else happened, then you won't have to look far. Most waywards deny and lie until they can't deny anymore and by that time the BS is so angry by the additional lying and [censored] covering that they blow up. The BS is always going to be hurt but continuing to hide the truth will make it a million times worse.
I think that's what i meant - having something to show her that she's making it worse by keeping this from him.

T
T
I think that's what i meant - having something to show her that she's making it worse by keeping this from him.

Just start reading the threads. You'll see the BS find out bit by bit is torture - the betrayal is bad but MUCH worse is knowing that they have been lied to over time, and repeatedly.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 594 guests, and 60 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation