Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
#2201438 01/28/09 01:40 PM
A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm so sick of all this crap. I just want to get that Wh*re as far away from me as possible.

I talked to my lawyer yesterday. I told him I don't care how much it cost as long as the carpenters dream doesn't get one red cent of my retirement.

He suggested that I contact her and try and work out a deal. Otherwise ... I'm in for a long expensive battle. The only one who's going to benefit from that is the lawyer.

I'm so disgusted with my WW I don't want to look at her, talk to her, email her.... Nothing....

W
W
New stuff, Amazin? Or have you just reached the end of your rope?

Fox

N
N
what happened????.....there is more to this than you have let on.....

(((((Amazin)))))

not2fun

P
P
hug Amazin hug

A
A
Praying for you pray

Angie

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
New stuff, Amazin? Or have you just reached the end of your rope?

Nothing new. I'm just at the end of my rope.

I have a full time temporary job with uncle sam right now and the clock is ticking. I need to move on and get this over with so that when I retire I'm not still tied to this woman or stuck in the middle of a bitter divorce and no job.

C
C
Was it the court hearing? What happened?

M
M
We're here for you Amazin.

Mark

W
W
You've had a lot to deal with lately. It's not surprising to see you at this point.

I find that the anger helps me. Once over the anguish and desperation of infidelity, that anger helped me keep my resolve and take care of things without the yearning for something different.

It still hurts, but in a different way.

Hang in there, friend. Give us an update when you have a chance.

Fox

T
T
Sorry to hear that.
Your lawyer is right - if you guys can come to some sort of agreement it will be better all the way around.

If you can't stand to talk to her or see her, could you write it down and send it in the mail or email it to her? That would give you time to think things over calmly without all the stress of being physically in her presence.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
sorry,

My computer is extreamly slow.

I had my court date yesterday. My ex and her lawyers thought they were going to waltz into court, make all their accusations stick and come out victorious. Then my ex was to walk off into the sunset with custody of the kids.

Well my DD-17 decided she'd had enough of Mom's high drama and didn't want to live with mom. She wanted to live with Dad and that threw a monkey wrench into their entire plan. DD-17 moved back in last night.

Bottom line: The temporary order was modified. And as long as there's no violation of the order, in three months we'll be back in court and the whole thing will be dismissed.

Custody of my DD-15 is another court issue. But I think another 3 months of DD-15 and my ex wife living together will give both of them an opportunity to see what the other side of the fence looks like. And I don't think either one is going to like what they see.

My ex wife told me that my WW gave her until February 1st and then she needs to get her own place. My ex has no money. She just got a job and won't get paid for another 2 weeks. She went out of her way yesterday to let me know that she might not have a place to stay in a couple of days. Oh well.... you started all this crap... not my problem. Maybe she should ask my WW to let her move in forever. (Or at least long enough for them to beat the crap out each other in a "to the death cat fight")

P
P
I'm so disgusted with my WW I don't want to look at her, talk to her, email her.... Nothing....

You don't have to do anything TODAY, except maybe shop for a dart board to put to good use... wink

hug Amazin hug

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
She went out of her way yesterday to let me know that she might not have a place to stay in a couple of days. Oh well.... you started all this crap... not my problem. Maybe she should ask my WW to let her move in forever.

Make that TWO dart boards... grin

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
W
W
It's playing out pretty much like you thought it would. When DD15 comes back, be ready with your hard and fast rules of what it will be like to live in Dad's house again.

She needs to see it as a PRIVALEGE that you will take her back. Abuse allegations can be DEVASTATING. She needs to know just how far this could have gone.

Your DD17 moving back in with you is HUGE. Did she have anything to do with the allegations?

Did DD15's doctors give you any suggestions on what to do and how to handle her?

hugAmazin hug

Fox

P
P
Bottom line: The temporary order was modified. And as long as there's no violation of the order, in three months we'll be back in court and the whole thing will be dismissed.

That's great about your DD17! Just keep your nose clean for the next three months and stay away from ExW and WW. I think you're right about DD15-- that's going to get old real fast.

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Your DD17 moving back in with you is HUGE. Did she have anything to do with the allegations?

I'm not sure what part if any she played in the whole thing. It's my Ex wife that filed the alegations.

Monday, DD-17 wanted to come over to the house to look for her Senior paper. My lawyer said he thought it was just an excuse, and that she wanted to talk to me. He was pretty much right.

While she was there I could tell that something was bothering her. I asked her if she thought I was going to be mad at her? Suddenly I could see this welling up of emotions. She dropped all her stuff, sat next to me on the sofa, gave me a big hug. Crying she said she was sorry. I told her that I wasn't mad at her, I forgave her and told her I loved her. Then I said "It sucks having to choose between mom and dad doesn't it." She said yes. I told her she was old enough to decide what she wanted to do and if she wanted to live with me she could but I wasn't going to try and force her.

The next day in court she was given the opportunity to tell me face to face that she didn't want to live with me. That's when she said she didn't want to live with her mom. But she was afraid to tell her because DD-15 and mom would be extremely mad.

DD-15 was given the opportunity as well but she wouldn't even look me in the face, and refused to talk to me.

W
W
Aw, man, that makes ME get a little teary. Poor DD17 cry. It shows positive growth, though, to go against Mom and do what is right.

DD-15 was given the opportunity as well but she wouldn't even look me in the face, and refused to talk to me.

She may take a little more time, but I think she will come around. She is the stubborn one, isn't she?

Fox

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted by Pepperband
hug Amazin hug

Thanks Pep. You’ve been a great help over the last year.

Originally Posted by not2fun
(((((Amazin)))))

not2fun

Thanks Not2Fun, You've been awsome! Sorry about your trouble with Mr. Not2Fun.

Originally Posted by angie1718
Praying for you pray

Angie

Thanks Angie, Keep praying.

Originally Posted by Mark1952
We're here for you Amazin.

Mark

Thanks Mark, You gave me a lot of good advice in the beginning.

Originally Posted by princessmeggy
You don't have to do anything TODAY, except maybe shop for a dart board to put to good use... wink

hug Amazin hug

Thanks Meggy...I’ve got a board in my Garage. I need to sharpen my darts.

Originally Posted by wildhorses74
hugAmazin hug

Fox

Thanks for everything Fox. You’ve been an awesome help.

Huggs for everyone.... hug hug hug

N
N
(((Amazin)))

I am not surprised you are at this point, ESPECIALLY with all you have been through lately. Once you have walked this path, it is HARD to keep on going. And you my friend have done all you could. You learned about what makes a great marriage, where YOU wrong in the demise of your marriage PRE-A, and most importantly, you learned about AMAZIN.

If you went back to the very beginning of your posts, you can see how far you have come. STAND TALL AND BE PROUD.....

And after all that you have been through and what you are STILL dealing with, well, I for one say its about time. Just because you one doesn't make it the whole 2 years, doesn't make you ANY LESS of a man......

You will do well my friend, and I surely hope that this doesn't mean we won't be seeing you around these parts.....and last but not least....

DO NOT LET HER GET ONE PENNY OF YOUR RETIREMENT....

oh wait, one more thing.....

GO GET THAT MASSAGE now...... wink

Hang in there.....

not2fun

A
Amazin Offline OP
OP Offline
A
GO GET THAT MASSAGE now......

I should have known that was comming.

laugh

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation