Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
P
OP Offline
P
stupid endless political bickering rant2

L
L
I am in Plan B, so N/C with WS:

When are you going to start talking to WS? (as if it's a given I will rant2)
For the sake of the kids, you should try and be 'friends'...(and if I am not?grumble)
...that WS has 'financial issues' because of separation....(so what do you want me do to about it? :crosseyedcrazy:)

PEP....I like this thread... I will be back with some more think ... to SHARE!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
K
K
In the beginning he used to talk about her all the time. Like I want to hear about her? Are WS stupid, or what!

He told me she was kind of ugly...then later he referred to her as a "hot chick". Which was it? Well my guess is she was good looking and he didn't want to say it, but in his stupidity, he let it slip.

Another was he told me how "smart" she was. Right, that's why she's a gang member, has a son in prison, and has to scr_w another woman's husband. That's why she doesn't hold a job and is into drugs. Yep, real smart, I see that one!

It's amazing to me how fogged up WS can get...and the further they are away from the A and the OP, the more they return to normal. Truly amazing.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
P
OP Offline
P
A non-infidelity rant - (or is it? I feel cheated! grumble)

I am trying to imagine the unforseen consequences of all these government bail outs .... my brain hurts :crosseyedcrazy: :twobyfour:

I DON'T want my $ to buy any part of the "big 3"
I DON'T want my $ to buy poorly written home loans

This feels like giving support for bad decisions - TEEF And I do mean CHRONIC bad decision making naughty

I don't want to finance failure - but I'm going to be financing failure - against my rant2 will

I worked for Pan Am at one time. They failed - the country was not ruined. Other airlines, smaller and more efficiently run were born from Pan Am's ashes.

Unforseen consequences of bail outs? Anyone?

A
AJ_ Offline
A

Originally Posted by womanoffaith5
"The greatest challenge in life is to find someone who knows all your flaws, differences, and mistakes, and yet still sees the best in you!"

and

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason

ugh

That's satan's favorite word SELF

Happily recovered!and Happily Married :0)

Commit your works to the LORD and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3
S
S
Here is my rant (courtesy of the following quote from my xWW):

"Please understand that I am in a new life now...I love my new life I have created--my new home, my new family, my new friends, my new pets, etc."

Your new life is neither "new" nor is it "yours". It is the OLD life of OM's xBW. You did NOT "create" it, you STOLE it! It did not belong to you, it does not belong to you, and you did not EARN it. You slept your way into it.

xWW:
Secret LTA w/ thrice married OM at her workplace; EA/PA starts ~ 2005-6
Files & completes D - 2007, OM/OMW#3 D - 2007, Affairage - immediately thereafter
Disappears in 2006 w/o even a goodbye to anyone, Never a paragraph of real truth ever spoken
Me/xBH:
M "for life", Suspicions (denied) & desperate Plan A latter-half '06
1st D-day 1/07, full truth D-day 7/08 (all via 3rd parties)
NC w/ xWW 8/08-date, better off w/o unrepentant vileness, betrayal, & rampant deceit in my life anymore
S
S
Originally Posted by TogetherAlone
A rant thread? Stand aside! I'm coming in!!

The word I hate to hear is

HAPPY .

As in 'The important thing is that she's happy'.

Or 'They weren't happy together'.

Or "You've got a right to be happy."

...where what's meant by 'happy' is... temporarily buoyed up by a mixture of external stimuli and fantasy , or freed from uncomfortable stress.

No concept of 'happiness' as something subtle and profound, arising as a by-product of coping with stress, using the troubles of life to grow yourself as a human being, the steady increase of confidence and self-worth.

It makes me want to bite bricks.

TA

Along the lines of "happy", this is my favorite rant on the following variation of that theme from my "Christian" xWW...
"God wants me to be happy" (w/ married OM)

Please, xWW, cite me one Biblical reference from the Word of God in which He states that:

"Happiness" is His primary goal for you.
"Happiness" is promised you in the absence of OBEDIENCE.
Adultery and divorce are legitimate and Godly means of pursuing "happiness".

JUST SHOW ME ONE!!!

Last edited by SDCWman; 11/29/08 01:28 PM. Reason: typo

xWW:
Secret LTA w/ thrice married OM at her workplace; EA/PA starts ~ 2005-6
Files & completes D - 2007, OM/OMW#3 D - 2007, Affairage - immediately thereafter
Disappears in 2006 w/o even a goodbye to anyone, Never a paragraph of real truth ever spoken
Me/xBH:
M "for life", Suspicions (denied) & desperate Plan A latter-half '06
1st D-day 1/07, full truth D-day 7/08 (all via 3rd parties)
NC w/ xWW 8/08-date, better off w/o unrepentant vileness, betrayal, & rampant deceit in my life anymore
M
M
My rant is folks who are in affair marriages that come here and complain that the cheater they married......has cheated on them. crazy huh? What in the world did they expect? IMO, they forfeited the right to complain when they volunteered to marry a cheater. They married a dog and the dog barked. I am not inclined to help someone who signed on for it.

My next favorite is the "I just want him to be happy" stupidity when applied to folks who are being bad. I wonder if serial killer, Jeffrey Dahmer's parents said the same thing to him? I suspect that line is little more than a justification to avoid risking a confrontation with a loved one who is being bad. When I hear it, I know I am talking to a person who does not CARE one whit about the person in question but wants to be perceived as such by saying "I only want him to be happy."

I don't tell my son "I just want you to be happy." I say "I want you to be GOOD." Happiness is the result of being GOOD, after all, not a result of being BAD.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
My WH and I were together 27 yrs ...he tells me OW UNDERSTANDS him???...like I don't??

A
A
Unforseen consequences of bail outs? Anyone?

What if the bail outs don't work??? What if the Banks and corporations that are getting bailed out go under anyway?

Governments can go bankrupt too... And that would be really really bad....

I'm sure our advasaries would just love to see the U.S. Government fail. They would even help it happen via ecconomic means if they could.

On another note.....

A few weeks ago the pastor at my church gave a sermon on change. One of the things he said was "Go one week without watching the news or reading the newspaper or any other form of news media and see how much better you feel."

I was already disgusted with the news media so I did it...I turned the news off and went out of my way not to watch it for a while. And I can say that I do feel much better when I'm not focused on all the bad news day in and day out.

I'm not hiding my head in the sand... but all the bad news gets old.

Know what I mean?

Amazin.

D
D
A few weeks ago the pastor at my church gave a sermon on change. One of the things he said was "Go one week without watching the news or reading the newspaper or any other form of news media and see how much better you feel."

I was already disgusted with the news media so I did it...I turned the news off and went out of my way not to watch it for a while. And I can say that I do feel much better when I'm not focused on all the bad news day in and day out.

Isn't it great? I've been doing that for a few months now. I had to make an allowance when the big hurricane came through but after that it was back to NO NEWS!!

Some stuff filters through via MB or friends & family but other than that, nada.

It's great not to have all of that negative crap spinning around in your head. Another bonus is not having to listen to the constant barrage of advertising.

I have a friend that would benefit from this. She ALWAYS has some awful negative story that she heard--I always tell her that I don't want to hear it. That's why I don't watch TV!!

I can't help but think that's contributing to a lot of negative stuff that's happening in her life right now.

Charlotte

T
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
stupid endless political bickering rant2

I am a Grand Master (I'd say "Mistress", to correctly go with my gender, but that just seems like a BAD idea on this site!:MrEEk: ) of time wasting, my skills honed to perfection by 5 decades of practice...but in my expert frittering-away-the-day opinion, talking politics is the biggest time waster of them all. I'd rather crawl naked on my hands and knees--from California to the Atlantic seaboard--be nibbled to death by ducks at the far shore, than to get myself bogged down in "stupid endless political bickering. uhuh

tl

P
OP Offline
P
Rant about thread jacking!

If you have not read the book being discussed - your opinion about the contents of that book is not relevant.

If you have not seen the movie being discussed - your opinion about the contents of that movie is not relevant.

If you have no desire to discuss the original poster's chosen topic, (content of a book or a movie) and instead wish to discuss a different topic - start your own thread.

N
N
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

AMEN.....

not2fun

P
OP Offline
P
My cute little You Tube video got pulled for music licensing reasons - AS IF FRANK SINATRA WOULD MIND mad

WMG

you

S U C K rant2

H
H
Pepperband like your rant page.

Rant about "Many people get divorced these days what is the big deal" (it is a big deal that it is our M we are talking about)

"Our daughter will be mad for a little while but then she will be fine" (ready for therapy with anger issues)

"This was my choice" (pretty sucky one)

"I did not leave you because of the affair I was just not happy" (yeah right)

And my especially crazy rant..

H talking to older daughter and she says you destroyed our family and H says "You do not know OW, she is a really good person" puke
D says "OW could put on a white dress but it doesn't change that she will always be a pig" dance2

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
A
A
Oh good now thats AW off doing something like cleaning or whatever I get to use the PC because I'm not allowed to do too much or have any fun apparently ... doctors orders ... but who listens to them.

Now I know I am going to annoy a lot of people but am I the only one in the world who just can't get excited by Big Brother? There I was the other night, flicking through the TV magazine at 7.30 (so I could give myself half an hour to go through the 400 channels and see what crap I could watch at 8.00) when my son's fiancée screamed "Oh my God it's Franklin!!!". I looked up to see an awards program and a compare saying "give it up for Franklin" followed by whoops and screams from the audience. "Franklin" was going to introduce a few clips of TV soaps then open an envelope telling us who had won. A pretty well know person by her reaction.

me - So what does "Franklin" do?

she - She was on Big Brother UK, she's a celebrity now.

me - She? I admit he looks a BIT girly but I thought "Franklin" would be a mans name?

she - Well she was, but when he was a he. He was a transvestite so decided to have a sex change so he could be a she. She's amazing!

me - Ahhhhh, all so obvious really when you explain it like that. Anyway, what was it you said he, I mean she, did?

she - She's a celebrity. I think she's amazing!

me - Yes but what does she DO?! (Now I'm getting a bit irate)

she - All sorts, she was on Richard and Judy last week

me - Richard and Judy ?? Why am I paying for the women to watch UK shows? So I said Wow! Opening an envelope?!

she - Sorry?

me - Look, don't they have any normal people on Big Brother?

she - Errrrr, no! What would be the point?!

me - What would be the point?! I'll tell you what the bloody point would be! For a start ------

The conversation ended there as the misses came in, told me to shut up and ordered me to go and put the kettle on as I obviously just didn't get it . Don't you hate that condescending look the women give you? I got three, wife, daughter and DIL to be.

Now I must admit when the first Big Brother was on I flicked over once or twice. Only because I was interested in seeing a psychological experiment where people were contained in a controlled environment. (Yea ok, I really wanted to see who would be the first one to fart on TV)

NOW, things seem to have changed, from what I can see you have to be of dubious sexual origins, dress in funny clothes, have the intelligence of a stick or generally be a complete [censored] to be allowed on Big Brother anywhere. As this seems to be the qualification for making interesting TV programs these days I was wondering if it could be improved. I mean this isn't really an interesting program, I watched it one evening to see. A vague lot of individuals wandering about in a weird studio and an annoying commentary. "Priscilla and Jaz are in the kitchen - Jade is in the Big Brother garden - Theo and Marcelle are in the Bedroom - Stephanie is in the toilet having a p......"

Nooooooooo!! Enough - we don't need this info?!! It's not a radio program, it's TV, we can SEE what they are doing (apart from Stephanie, thank God) and it's NOT interesting.

I actually changed channels before going to bed one night at 1.30am and bugger me if Big Brother was filming them in bed, sleeping! What's more this was actually MORE interesting than the daytime section!!

I'm sure this program would have more viewers if it was more interesting.

As an example, I think the voting could be spiced up a lot, we are missing some serious potential for good money making television here. What I had in mind was a merger with the Rolf Harris vet program.

I can hear Rolf now........ "we don't like to see these cute little fella's suffering in pain, do we?"

So, at the end of each week watchers could vote on which housemate they wanted to have put down. You know the idea.........

To give Franklin the injection:

Phone 08700100100 for "Franklin"

or text "zap Franklin"

Now seriously, that is something I would switch on and watch.

To be honest if "Franklin" was a nominee I would even make the effort and learn how to text so I could vote all day long!!! or maybe we could vote on zapping the producers as well?

Aussie

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

H
H
I hate this word:

CLOSURE

WH says he needs closure. So instead of ending the affair and getting closure with OW, he's filed for divorce to get closure from BS, kids, dog, parents, siblings, in-laws, friends, neighbors, etc., etc.

How does ending all these relationships, not just the M, bring about "closure"?

Last edited by Holyheart; 01/29/09 01:46 AM.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
H
H
HH, can we change the word "closure", to be careful when the door starts to "close" that it doesn't hit you in the [censored].

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
C
C
Aussie, all I have to say is...... rotflmao

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 407 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation