Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 52 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 51 52
P
P
It would last about one week if she has it done. I will GUARANTEE that it gets infected. She has very sensitive skin and just can't get away with that stuff.

we'll see. I won't like it, but it won't be the end of the world. It will be a lesson they could both stand to learn.

My daughter has had her's pierced since she was 18. She wore a ring for about 6 months and then just quit. It turned out to be a pain to keep it from snagging her clothes, changing it out, etc. She just grew tired of it.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
My sister, got hers pierced a few years ago - in her early 40s uhuh

C
OP Offline
C
Wayzilla was 46. Bleeeechhh. It's gotta be pretty. Right at the top of "things I never want to see" list.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
B
B

Lordy, lordy how some subjects never seem to die!

Ladybugs has already informed me that she, too, plans to get one. She thinks *I* should, too!

NOT HAPPENING!

Chris, glad to hear that there is a win on the record!! Every team wants to be able to chant something,,,even if it's "We're not the worst"! ha!

Give 'em time. Next year will be a whole lot different!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
OP Offline
C
I never thought that 9th would look and feel so much better than 10th.

Give 'em time. Next year will be a whole lot different!

I hope the AD agrees and I get a next year.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
P
P
Originally Posted by chrisner
Wayzilla was 46. Bleeeechhh. It's gotta be pretty. Right at the top of "things I never want to see" list.

Can you imagine what all these tats and piercings are going to look like when these people get much much older? (men AND women) puke

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
I heard an NPR piece by a guy talking about industries to invest in, and one of the companies he mentioned was one who makes lasers for tatoo removal. Growth industry. Maybe I'll set up a tatoo removal shop if I get kicked out of the pharma industry. On second thought, maybe I'll just rob banks instead.

We won another game finally last night.
Hey, congrats! I look forward to hearing about the next game, because I know you'll handle it well even if you get drubbed. I was talking with my physical therapist today (about wayward spouses, as I recall), and I said "Some people suck." A coach who runs up a score like that almost certainly qualifies.

Last edited by sdguy038; 01/29/09 07:12 PM.
J
J
Heya coach!

A win is a win no matter how you figure it, and just maybe the taste of victory will make em all the hungrier for more.

Always lookin forward to your updates.

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
L
L
Chris:

Of course there will be a next year.

Sorry to hear about your star player. No surgery is good, but a brace and crutches is a damper at the Sadie Hawkins dance.

And if the team this weekend is approaching the "100 point" mark again, you could always use the "Meatballs" defense.

See it here: Meatballs defense

As Bill said: "This is the greatest moment in Camp Northstar History!"

LG

C
OP Offline
C
Believe me LG, the Camp Northstar Defense is always in the back of my handbook. I was only a couple years older than my girls when that movie came out. Wayzilla and I saw it at the theaters.

More good news! It turns out our senior got a concussion on Wednesday night during the game. She hit her head in a floor scramble but never told us. She will be out for a few days.

Now we are down to six original varsity players. About the only hope for the JV swing players is the Camp Northstar Defense. I am not sure how to draw that on a coaches board.

So tonight we get the league champion of the last 5-years who ran up 108 points on them last season and we will be starting one junior, three sophomores and a freshman. Good thing we have another sophomore on the bench. What could possibly go wrong?

“We got them right where we want them” – Broncos offensive guard Keith Bishop to his teammates at the first huddle of “The Drive” in the 1987 AFC Championship Game against Cleveland.

“Hey, hey hey guys, listen up. This is important. Who’s guarding Wilt?” – The coach of the Knicks the night Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points on them in 1962.

Last night and this morning is the 2nd anniversary of Wayzilla’s epic escape for freedom. I miss her like the surviving Europeans missed the Black Death of the 1340’s and 50’s. Not much. I have not seen or communicated with her for over 18-months. Go Plan B For Life!

B
B
Maybe you could find a werewolf and have it bite one of the girls

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
C
OP Offline
C
Good plan but it won't help. The next full moon is February 9th.

P
P
Last night and this morning is the 2nd anniversary of Wayzilla’s epic escape for freedom. I miss her like the surviving Europeans missed the Black Death of the 1340’s and 50’s. Not much. I have not seen or communicated with her for over 18-months. Go Plan B For Life!

Do you think she has "found herself" yet?

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
B
B
Maybe you could provide the full moon grin

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
J
J
Well.. that'd certainly end the speculation about whether or not there'd be a next season...

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
J
J
Originally Posted by pomdbd3

Do you think she has "found herself" yet?

Found herself what?

Found herself a good homeopathic remedy for STD related pain and seepage?

Found herself a monthly treatment for fleas that doesn't make her smell like a hobo on the end of a four day whiskey bender?

Found herself a good window treatment to drown out the idling bulldozers outside?

Found herself new and interesting ways to cook spam?

Found herself with a bunch of really good news and nobody that cares enough to beg her with baited breath to know what it is?? OMGWTFBBQ!!

Ahh..

I bet she probably has.. I know I would have by now..

Me - 32
DS - 5
DD - 13
DSD - 9
D final 12-8-08
C
OP Offline
C
Those are good ones James.

I always have to figure that if Wayzilla were really and truly happy she would be bursting at the seams to let DD21 know.

That she is not doing this means:

A. She has too much respect and concern for DD21's feelings.
rotflmao (I love this guy)

B. She aint that flippen happy.

After much consideration and internal debate I think I am going with answer B.

Originally Posted by James
Well.. that'd certainly end the speculation about whether or not there'd be a next season...

Okay, that brings up another basketball story. In that first league opener game at home we lost 48-44, the other coach got 2-technicals and an ejection. I heard coming in he had received 6-technical in the first 8-games. In Colorado if you are ejected you are suspended for 2-games as well.

He seemed so nice and demure when we shook hands and talked a little. Then when the ball went in the air he became a total deranged savage. Honestly, the worst I have ever seen. After he got his first technical he stayed standing and yelling. Wrong move.

Then some administration type person I did not know walks over to him near his bench and there is a brief but pointed exchange that I could not hear. Nearby spectators said it went:

Administrative Guy: “You have to calm down now.”

Rabid Coach: “Who the Hell are you?’

Administrative Guy: “I’m the Principal”

Rabid Coach (thinking he was OUR Principal): “Then get the F*** out of my huddle!”

A minute later he got his second T.

I think he would have done better to moon him.

Last edited by chrisner; 01/30/09 03:50 PM. Reason: I knew I had the wrong Principal

C
C
grin Methinks you nailed it...... :twobyfour:

W
W
pain and seepage?

puke

Reminds me of the belly button conversation we were having a while back.

sick

Fox

W
W
Originally Posted by cinderella
grin Methinks you nailed it...... :twobyfour:

Well, if the other stuff didn't bring BC around, talking about "nailing" something probably will.

smirk

Page 43 of 52 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation