Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 135 of 152 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 151 152
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by cinderella
I didn't realize you had a wreck.....sorry about that. I've had my fair share. I am VERY glad you are ok.

Thank you!

Yeah, I meant to post about it but I forgot. And Shiny asks me if I was drinking!! LMAO!!

Heck no!! At least THEN I would have had an excuse!!

I took the 1st exit instead of my usual route on Tuesday night after class when I reached the city limits.

I went around a curve going about 20-25 m.p.h. The car started sliding...it was so fast I didn't have time to react and turn into the skid so all I could do was hang on!!

Gumbo flew everywhere!! Luckily it stayed in the bag, though!! LOL!!

Hit the curb line and smashed the heck out of the tire & wheel since it hit tire first. I didn't know about the other damage until today when cousin came over from his shop to change the tire.

Luckily the car went on top of the curb line and didn't hit it and flip over, though. That would have been bad and I would have lost all the gumbo then for sure!! wink

The curb line is one of those islands in the middle of the road, a fancy thing they put in to spruce it up a little around here. No other cars were around, another blessing!!

And I was able to drive to my grandma's before the tire was completely flat so that was another blessing because I was SO TIRED after stacked labs Monday and back-to-back lab & regular class Tuesday!!

So yeah, coulda been worse!!

Car took a beating but she protected me, bless her heart!!

C
C
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine

A car is nothing but metal, plastic, and glass. It is replacable. You, however, are so much more valuable. Glad we still have you around!

D
OP Offline
D

A car is nothing but metal, plastic, and glass. It is replacable. You, however, are so much more valuable. Glad we still have you around!

Thanks!! Me too!

And I sure as heck don't want to miss the upcoming trials!!

rotflmao

flirt

M
M
Originally Posted By: MelodyLaneThe problem with Da NUGE is that he loves freedom! He is one sick cookie!

YOU know Da NUGE???!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool!!

Hmmmmmmmm........

What other secrets you keepin' from me?

Oh yeah, bit o' trivia:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago, the chick that later married my uncle...who passed in 2000...dated The Nuge for a short period of time. Just a short period of time, though. I never did hear the reason why she didn't continue to date him. LMAO!!

Don't know him, but I love him! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

N
N
Ooh! We made some KILLER pralines the other day!! Want the recipe?

OF COURSE I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

and you must post pics of the chocolate bust...... blush

Sorry to hear about the accident, glad to hear you are okay.....

Sounds like the kind of accident I would get in......In our old condo that we lived in, we had assigned parking spaces and next to ours was a fire hydrant. I hit that dang thing ALL the time....it would tick my H off something bad. The LAST time I hit it, I had turned the wheel so hard that the thingy that comes out the side, went INTO my tire. My front fender was OFF the ground..... shocked. H didn't talk to me for 2 days...... mad. He never could understand how I kept hitting it....I couldn't understand why it kept getting in my way????..... crazy

not2fun

ps....you all better what it with those emoticons....you might get in some sorta trouble with the emoton-police...... rotflmao rotflmao

D
OP Offline
D
Don't know him, but I love him!

hurray

grin

C
C
Mel -

Not -

you have totally confoozled me.....

Nuge?

quote about pralines?

quote about the chocolate bust?

WHERE IS THIS COMING FROM? WHAT HAVE I MISSED? I'M IN DISTRESS!!!

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by not2fun
Ooh! We made some KILLER pralines the other day!! Want the recipe?

OF COURSE I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

pending...

and you must post pics of the chocolate bust...... blush

wink grin I sure will whenever I get to do it!! I don't know WHAT he'll do with it...he LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVES chocolate but he won't want to eat it, LOL!! With the pumpkin I just got one of the "Funkins" for carving so it would be permanent.

Sorry to hear about the accident, glad to hear you are okay.....

Thank you! Me too! Now I have to drive purple truck for a while but I don't want to complain too much about it since ol' purple got me to OWH back on 10/30/07 for Exposure! With the devil trying to stop me and everything!! faint Yeah, STILL trippin' on THAT!! Well, now I won't have "Sexy Goddess Car" for court but that's okay, I'm riding with Shiny anyway!!

Sounds like the kind of accident I would get in......In our old condo that we lived in, we had assigned parking spaces and next to ours was a fire hydrant. I hit that dang thing ALL the time....it would tick my H off something bad. The LAST time I hit it, I had turned the wheel so hard that the thingy that comes out the side, went INTO my tire. My front fender was OFF the ground..... shocked. H didn't talk to me for 2 days...... mad. He never could understand how I kept hitting it....I couldn't understand why it kept getting in my way????..... crazy

not2fun

rotflmao Dang fire hydrants & slick streets!! Well, at least most of the gumbo stayed put in the containers...coulda been worse!!! rotflmao

ps....you all better what it with those emoticons....you might get in some sorta trouble with the emoton-police...... rotflmao rotflmao

rotflmao

D
OP Offline
D
Mel -

Not -

you have totally confoozled me.....

Nuge?

quote about pralines?

quote about the chocolate bust?

WHERE IS THIS COMING FROM? WHAT HAVE I MISSED? I'M IN DISTRESS!!!

Ted Nugent, pralines and chocolate busts...

Yep! Never a dull moment on MB!!!

wink

C
C
my neighbor had a dog named Nugent...after Ted.

I see, the chocolate bust is a candy confection pending for Shiny.

And, if you don't post the praline recipe, one of us will hunt you down and dull all your knives.

D
OP Offline
D
Pralines

1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 c sugar
1 c, packed, light brown sugar
1/2 heavy cream
1 c milk
1 c chopped pecans
2 c pecan halves
2 tbsps. vanilla extract

Get all ingredients & utensils ready (a.k.a. "mise en place") before you begin. Use a large pot with a heavy bottom or a skillet with deep sides, metal whisk or spoon with a long handle, 2 large spoons or ice cream scoops & a cookie sheet (lightly buttered).

Melt butter in pot over high heat (careful, you know how delicate butter is so no browning!!). As soon as it's melted add the sugars and cream. Cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Add the milk and chopped pecans and cook 4 minutes more, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium--continue cooking & whisking 5 minutes. Add pecan halves & vanilla--continue cooking & whisking until done, about 15-20 minutes. If mixture starts to smoke near the end of cooking, reduce heat.

Remove pan from heat. Quickly & carefully drop the batter onto the cookie sheet by heaping spoonfuls, using second spoon to scrape batter off of the first (just like you do when making certain cookies) or use ice cream scoop. Each praline should form a 2-inch patty about 1/2 inch thick. Cool & store in airtight container or wrap each praline in plastic wrap or foil.

*NOTE

*For judging doneness-candy thermometer should read 240 degrees.

*Batter will begin to form distinct threads on sides or bottom of pan when done.

*Near the end of cooking time, make a test praline every few seconds. The testers will be somewhat runny, very shiny and somewhat translucent. The ideal praline will have progressed past that stage it will not be runny and will be less shiny (and what's so great about being LESS shiny? says I! wink ) and when cooled it will be opaque, lusterless and crumbly instead of chewy.

*Near the end of cooking time, drizzle spoonfuls of the mixture across the surface of the mixture, When ready, the mixture will form a neat thread across the surface.

Yum-diddley-yum-yum!!

wink

D
OP Offline
D
my neighbor had a dog named Nugent...after Ted.

I see, the chocolate bust is a candy confection pending for Shiny.

And, if you don't post the praline recipe, one of us will hunt you down and dull all your knives.

1. Awwww....a doggy named Nugent!!

2. Yep!! For Shiny OF Shiny!

3. LOL!! Done and DONE!!

C
C
We didn't care for the dog

The bust is to be of Shiny....way better than what I thought you meant.

And Thanks for the recipe.

For tomorrow night's Super Bowl Party (GO CARDINALS!!!), I have to take a dessert. I thought cookies would be a good choice. Got any handy, easy, quick cookie recipes?

D
OP Offline
D
We didn't care for the dog

The bust is to be of Shiny....way better than what I thought you meant.

And Thanks for the recipe.

For tomorrow night's Super Bowl Party (GO CARDINALS!!!), I have to take a dessert. I thought cookies would be a good choice. Got any handy, easy, quick cookie recipes?

1. Awwwww....poor doggy!! frown

2. Okay...I don't know what you thought I meant but do I WANT to know what you thought I meant? LMAO!!

3. You're welcome!

4. Mmmmmmmmm.......chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies are always good. And fast! I have a recipe for chocolate-chip cookies that we made in class (no oatmeal) but I think the cookies come out too dry with that recipe. Could be a marketing ploy, though...we had to do those for Production and they sell them in the deli. Might be that the recipe makes dry cookies so the deli sells more milk. LOL!

C
C
2. Okay...I don't know what you thought I meant but do I WANT to know what you thought I meant? LMAO!! was picturing some chocolate creation of female pectoral region and thought that just couldn't be right

4. Mmmmmmmmm.......chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies are always good. And fast! I have a recipe for chocolate-chip cookies that we made in class (no oatmeal) but I think the cookies come out too dry with that recipe. Could be a marketing ploy, though...we had to do those for Production and they sell them in the deli. Might be that the recipe makes dry cookies so the deli sells more milk. LOL! I have a recipe for chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that I love....don't make very often. The dough is actually so thick my mixer won't add everything in. They aren't actually too hard to make. For softer cookies, try turning down the oven a bit and undercooking by a minute or two. Sometimes that works

I have a super easy cookie recipe I'll share:

LEMON COOLERS

Lemon supreme cake mix (dry)
1 egg
1 regular-sized package of whipped topping (think - Cool Whip)
confectioners sugar

Mix cake mix, whipped topping, and egg in bowl by hand......drop by teaspoons in confectioners sugar. Roll into 1-inch balls. Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes....do not let brown but do let get firmish and cool a bit on cookie sheet before removing.

They are sweet but tart.

You can also use a chocolate cake mix rolled in confectioner's sugar. Or a yellow or spice cake mix rolled in cinnamon & sugar. I bet cherry cake mix would be good.

D
OP Offline
D
rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Head in the gutter! Head in the gutter!

That was hilarious!!

No. Just a bust: his head and part of his shoulders. Am I using the correct term here? It's what I've always heard, anyway!! Like, I have a bust of Beethoven in my living room. (Yeah, I really do, and Gray is NOT getting THAT!!)

I COULD do what you are speaking of, though. It would have to be a full model. He works out, though, so it would take a LOT of chocolate for sculpting!! Unless I scaled down a bit.

Oh, I didn't make those cookies. We each had a task and NO ONE wanted to do bread...(chickens!!) so I did bread the first day of class and again the other day. Little Red Mike made the cookies and Chef sets the oven. I haven't tried the recipe at home but the other day someone had to make more cookies for production again and they were just as dry as before. The peanut butter cookies, too.

Oh thanks! More lemon recipes for the lemon tree!! WOO!! Oh wait, we don't add lemons...well, we'll make lemon icing with the lemons then!! wink

Last edited by Dancing_Machine; 01/31/09 08:55 PM. Reason: Don't know why g u t t e r is censored?
N
N
[quote=Dancing_Machine]

2. Okay...I don't know what you thought I meant but do I WANT to know what you thought I meant? LMAO!! was picturing some chocolate creation of female pectoral region and thought that just couldn't be right

think think think

Bet Shiny would like Cinders version better........ blush shocked blush

rotflmao rotflmao

not2fun

ps...do we a "bust-a-con" for this convo????

Last edited by not2fun; 01/31/09 09:56 PM.
S
S
YOU KNOW what i miss i can't find ANYWHERE anymore. Dremery coney Island waffle cone sundae Ice cream....it was soooo good with little chocolate covered pieced of waffle cone goodness.....*sigh*

on a good note the kitty socialization is going well...I have been taking my bengal everywhere with me....i taker her soft sided carrier that looks like a purse (i have NEVER been a purse girl) and make sure her harness and leash are on and she gets so many compliments eveyone loves her...she is starting to love the attention. She is sooo much better than a small dog in my book. My little wild thing.

Hey char is gray allergic to cats....you could take her into court as your wrap (she will lay across your shoulders). She has cute leopard spotties and a gorgeous pelt. She has gold highlights that shimmer in the light...gives the wearer a glow.....she would look gorgeous on you. The walk by huim and pet her as you do to make some fur fly....then if he is allergic he can sneeze all throught the precedings.

SO Wanna borrow my cat?

SIHW #2203721 01/31/09 11:36 PM
C
C
Kitty!!!

I love kitties!

I can live with some of them...I have two. A black and a calico. If I'm knitting, the calico is in my lap. Silly kitty!

SIHW - your cat sounds beautiful

More cookie ideas:

You know those wonderful Rice Krispy Treats? I have a fabulous variation!

Make them with Cheerios. Add about 1/2 cup peanut butter and about 1/2 - 3/4 cup dried fruit. I am partial to an apricot/cranberry combination.

N
N
OMG.....all this talk about "busts" and what-not reminded me of this story.....

My WH assistant quit and he's been interviewing for a replacement. A lady came in and the interview was wrapping up and WH asked her if she had any hobbies.

WELL......She proceeded to tell him how she has a little business on the side where she makes "boobie" cakes and penis cookies.... blush

My poor WH couldn't help but laugh. He said he would have bet a MILLION dollars he would have never heard either of those words in an INTERVIEW.... shocked

So, Char, how about that???....Does Texas need a nether-regions baker???? flirt

According to this lady, there is a GREAT demand for them...... rotflmao rotflmao

not2fun

Page 135 of 152 1 2 133 134 135 136 137 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (bb1471), 703 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation