Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 109 of 136 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 135 136
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Dealan-de
I think he is, too.

I think it's his dayumed pride thingy that is the only roadblock right now.

LOL I think so too!

H thinks and thinks and thinks, I am sure that his little old head is ready to burst! I bet he is wrestling with his pride and God all day long, but tells his self he's fine LMAO LMAO LMAO But now it may be worse with the memory of what his wife looked like on Saturday. dance2

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
P
P
I think it's his dayumed pride thingy that is the only roadblock right now.

I agree!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
OP Offline
T
We're going wait for a little bit and watch things but these are the issues I am considering in addressing in 2nd PBL per suggestion and posts. This will give me the time needed to condense all that below to a short letter. Thanks to all for the input. Its perfect. Will post rough draft when we are close to sending.

Per Schoolbus:
Convey to him that I have not lost my depth of love for him despite his affair and that I am fully capable of forgiving his affair, that I have not stopped loving him.
SB-I say this because he has shown several attempts to get you to ask him to return to him - he does not want to ask you, he wants to be asked. So, somehow, the message has to get to him that you DO love him, and that if the OW goes away, there is a path home.

Write 2nd PBL, With more emphasis on the love, and then signing out with something like, "We can recover this marriage. As soon as your affair partner is out of your life forever, come home and let's start over. We can have a new path together. Let's start with love, forgiveness, and dreams of a new future. Think of the possibilities." SB also says-This concept that he doesn't want to answer to anybody may be quite broadly applied here. He may have fears that he is being judged (rightly so), and that he cannot possibly fix things. Also, that he wants to do things that he has never done before, but that other people will comment on the changes - and he does not want to have to deal with that issue. Many people go through this. He really wants to change. What are the ramifications of changing? He's so locked in, everyone in his life will comment! He would practically have to move to New York City and get a new identity to do this without having to explain himself and not weather a storm of controversy and hassling. So your husband may be feeling the need for something different, a break from the old things - and not want to answer to anyone for the break. Does this make sense?

Talk to him about it. But think of it not in terms of controlling him - think of it in terms of him wanting to break from what he feels is his life's rut.

Posted by PrincessMeggy:

"and I suspect that you think my expectations include for you to resume where you left off in the ministry. That is not the case. As your wife, and in obedience to God, I will respect whatever decision you make concerning that because our first and most important ministry is to each other and our family. I KNOW and I hope you realize that God has never stopped loving you and is willing to meet you where you are."

Per Pep:

Dig deeper, it's about fear of intimacy. The smaller the man feels on the inside, the greater his need for admiration. He feels very small indeed.

Neak:
Put in a sentence about how many people have recovered their marriages from this and are now very happy.

Posted by Lildoggie:

"You have hurt me more deeply than I ever thought possible. You broke your promise and violated my trust. I need you to understand my pain and help me move through it. But I still love you. I still want you. If you will commit yourself to never seeing OW again, and working with me to discover how we can make something better out of our marriage, then I will not hold this affair over your head. It will take time... it will take work... but I will give you a fresh start. I will forgive you."

P
P
I was trying to think of a way of incorporating line(s) from WH's favorite song or movie into the future letter.
Any creative ideas T2L?

Pep

T
T
Also, I would include a line or two about your responsibility to your daughter and son, showing them both how a woman should (or should not) be treated in a marriage. Neak can phrase it politely, possibly even with some gentle humor. I'm much more likely to just go thwack. blush

tl

H
H
what's wh's favorite song...the booty song..

"Look at that booty. Show me the booty. faint
Gimme the booty. I want the booty.
Back up tha booty. I need tha booty. rotflmao
I like the booty. Oh, what a booty.
Shakin' that booty. I saw tha booty." :twobyfour:

having that kind of day...

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
L
L
[T-J]

Originally Posted by believer
Oh, I've been reading all along, but think you are getting excellent advice.

I'm hoping to be in Seattle at the stair climbing when Lil and Flick are there.

I live in Oceanside, which is just south of you, but you know how hard it is to get everyone together and still do what you want to do. I figure that since they will be at the stair climbing anyway, I'll just be there too.

hurray hurray hurray I'll tell Flick, he will be chuffed

[/T-J]

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by hope3343
what's wh's favorite song...the booty song..

"Look at that booty. Show me the booty. faint
Gimme the booty. I want the booty.
Back up tha booty. I need tha booty. rotflmao
I like the booty. Oh, what a booty.
Shakin' that booty. I saw tha booty." :twobyfour:

having that kind of day...

LMAO!!!!!!!

I think his song may also include...
"I may not be gettin any OW booty"
"Now I may be losin my woman's booty"

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

B
B
Chuffed? Oh no..........................................

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I was trying to think of a way of incorporating line(s) from WH's favorite song or movie into the future letter.
Any creative ideas T2L?

Pep

Hmmm, He loves music in general but our family favorite is quoting our favorite dumb comedies at each other. All 4 of us would try and beat each other to the punch quoting our dumb comedies and then die of laughter. He is very quick witted and would always have us laughing hysterically so the kids and I would always try to beat him to something funny. I would say since laughter is good medicine and a definite connection with us that may be something to throw in. He would quote these the way someone would sing a song.

I know that our silly humor the OW will not get and that was a HUGE part of Mr. T2L. He loved making the family and other laugh. What to do you think about that.

L
L
Originally Posted by believer
Chuffed? Oh no..........................................

whats wrong with chuffed????

P
P
Originally Posted by Trying2live
I know that our silly humor the OW will not get and that was a HUGE part of Mr. T2L. He loved making the family and other laugh. What to do you think about that.

If it can be smoothly worked into the note it's a useful thing.

Pep

L
L
Hmmm, He loves music in general but our family favorite is quoting our favorite dumb comedies at each other. All 4 of us would try and beat each other to the punch quoting our dumb comedies and then die of laughter. He is very quick witted and would always have us laughing hysterically so the kids and I would always try to beat him to something funny. I would say since laughter is good medicine and a definite connection with us that may be something to throw in. He would quote these the way someone would sing a song.

Where art thou, dog?

Thy canine lover.

Where is your hot breath
upon the nape of my neck?

We shall form a bond of brotherhood:
man and beast.

You shall lick my face
and I shall lick your snout.

S
S
He loved making the family and other laugh. What to do you think about that.

"I miss laughing with you, and I know we can bring laughter to our home again."

I like the idea of another PBL, but only if it is followed by complete darkness...including cutting him off from ANY knowledge about you, i.e., checking account, children discussing you, etc.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

D
D
I said this in my email, but I don't know what yer checkin' first, so I'll repeat:

I'd leave out the hurt part. He KNOWS you're hurt. You don't have to remind him (yet)...especially because he thinks YOU cannot get past it. If you put the "hurt" bit in, that's ALL he's going to see, and he's going to go clam on you again. Leave it out. Talking about "hurts" comes in way later.

Trust.

There.

I even made it pink for you like I did in the mail.

kiss

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by lildoggie
Where art thou, dog?

Thy canine lover.

Where is your hot breath

We shall form a bond of brotherhood:
man and beast.

You shall lick my face
and I shall lick your snout.

LOL faint faint faint Let me translate....

Thy Sea Hag lover.

Where is your hot breath

We shall form a broken slimy bond:
man and Sea Hag.

You shall lick my scales
and I shall kiss your *ss.

LMAO

L
L
yup.

Thats almost exactly what I was thinking

"Where art thou, hag?

Thy foul lover.

Where is your evil breath

We shall form a broken slimy bond:
alien and Sea Hag

You shall lick my scales
and I shall kiss your *ss

S
S
rotflmao

Happily married to HerPapaBear

T
OP Offline
T
Ok y'all. I had to break PB just a bit and only did it in text. H texted DD17 about 10:45PM that his grandmother died.

I did not call I just sent a simple text saying I am sorry for the loss of your grandma. He responded thank you, I am sad. Of course probably shouldn't have responded but I sent back I am sure you are sad but now your grandma is in a better place with her full mind and no Alzheimer.

He then texted its hard to lose family.....(Man I really wanted to say I know, what does he think I am??!!!! grumble ) I didn't I simply responded I understand. He then texted thank you goodnight and I did not respond.

Don't know if its alright to have a texting break for PB but I did it, don't feel guilty about it. I may have felt worse if I had not said anything at all. I want him to understand the new strength I am gaining but I don't want him to think i am a heartless biatch.

I am not speaking to H's mother who is condoning the A...well she says she is not but that she is supporting her son puke Anyways I have PB'd her and its her mother who died. I do not want to give my condolences to his mom. Is this wrong? Should I? I have nothing good to say to her, she feels fully ok with telling my H that if the Sea Hag is what he wants then she will support whatever decision he wants(H made the mistake of telling me this a month after dday).

Oh but of course since she has told H that she does not want to meet the Sea Hag then it makes her ok she's not really condoning it. Ugg. Sorry, anyways I told my H sorry for the loss, do i have to tell his mother? Whats the right thing to do?

Funny thing is this grandma was not really a nice person, in fact H really disliked her very much. She was a mean grandma a lot of the time and even H's mother did not get along with her and it was her own mother. Anyways my H can not care about anything or anyone at times and then death comes and it hits him hard and he gets really emotional. He is coming over tomorrow early in the morning to drop off the W2's so we can get our taxes done. Praise the Lord he is going to give me half of it.

DD17 told him that mom and Gabe are gone part of the day because of swimming class but to leave the W2 under the mat. I am hoping to not run into him. I hope we are gone when he comes. i don't want him to try and look to me to meet his emotional need if he starts to cry over his grandma. What do I do if for some odd reason he comes as we are leaving and gets all emotional...what do you do in that situation? It may not happen but I do better if I am prepared, I don't work well on the fly.

G'night friends.... hug

D
D
Well, it IS his grandma...I don't think you should feel guilty about responding.

As far as your MIL, just send her a generic-type sympathy card, nothing too mushy from you and the kids. It's the right thing to do, IMO.

I just found out a friend that I've known most of my life passed away Tuesday. She used to go to school with my Mom. Her daughter went to school with my bro and sis, in the same grade as my bro.

We used to hang out back in the day. She was one tough customer but she just found out she had cancer last month and was starting chemo today. I don't know how she died, though, Mom just told me she passed. I'm hoping to contact my sister for more details on that in the a.m.

Take care,

Charlotte

Page 109 of 136 1 2 107 108 109 110 111 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 363 guests, and 73 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation