Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 110 of 136 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 135 136
N
N
Don't try, BE out of there before he can get there.

If he wants to lay his head on your loving, sympathetic bosoms, he knows how to make that happen. You NEED to not be there when he comes looking for that.

However, if he does surprise you at home later on, follow your instructions for unexpected contact. I wouldn't put it past him to make a second stop later, when you've gotten back home.

As to your MIL, it depends on how you feel. I don't think you owe her anything. If you're up to a simple card, just signed and not written all over lol, that's fine. But whatever you're most comfortable with, even if you're most comfortable with nothing.

Hey, WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE??? GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!!! grin

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
Hey T2L, you did the right thing. It is a death after all.
You said your H did not like his grandmother and she was mean but you also mentioned she had Alzeimer. She might have had it for years and it does change your personality. I know with my grandma she was angry because she was getting confused and hated herself.

For H's Mom you need to "turn the other cheek", use it as an opportunity and send her a card. You be the bigger person in this case. Are you po'd at her, absolutely, but with potential reconcillation with H it comes with his family good or bad.

GET OUT OF THE HOUSE. You gave your condolences via text...leave NOW. Do not let H turn this into an opportunity for himself.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
B
B
I would send flowers and a card to MIL. Remember, when hubby returns, SHE will still be part of the family.

And you want to teach your kids that anyone in the FAMILY is not replaceable, no matter what is going on. And she is there grandmother, and it was their great-grandmother.

You will never regret doing the right thing.

D
D
Originally Posted by believer
I would send flowers and a card to MIL. Remember, when hubby returns, SHE will still be part of the family.

And you want to teach your kids that anyone in the FAMILY is not replaceable, no matter what is going on. And she is there grandmother, and it was their great-grandmother.

You will never regret doing the right thing.

ITA

Remember: Nothing is ever lost in taking the high road....and the view is to die for!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
OP Offline
T
Ok gonna go get a card to send to her.

I can't leave quite yet. DS10 is trying to do some of his home school work and then we have a big History test to study for but we will break for Swim class in 1 hour. I might run out now while DD17 is here and get a card to kill some time.

I have no idea when he will come by. He just told DD17 he was going to be in the area. Its could be now all the way through the end of the day. Either way I will try to be gone or out of sight. The kids know to not let him in. When ever he has popped by like that they go out say hello and come back in. I don't see him.

Me-39 H-38/Married 19years/DD18 & DS10
Dday EA/PA 4/23/08 Left home 5/08/08
Moved in w/Sea Hag 08/01/08
Read SAA Sept 08 Plan A 10/03/08 thru 11/15/08
Plan B 11/15/08-currently
01/18/09 Plan B crack w/phone call restating PBL
01/31/09 Planned brief contact
02/15/09 Delivery of Planned 2nd PBL
Filed for D Dec 2009 Recovering well!
T
OP Offline
T
Alright bought cards for all the sons and MIL. I have PB'd the 1 brother and MIL but bought a general card offering my sympathy. I have to say I wasn't feeling the love train but I'm sending them

So today H did drop by and leave the W2 under the mat and texted me that he left it. I did not respond. DS10 saw his dad and ran out to see him. This was 10 mins before we needed to leave to swim class. I waited and then had to go out the front door and yell for DS10. He came running around the front and H caught a quick glimpse as I walked in with him. But thats it.

H calls tonight and he calls about 15 minutes early. I have been trying to do a few errands and leave DS10 home with DD17 to further my plan of not being here so he can wonder(like Carol's plan). So I wave at DS10 and run out of the house like a bat out of h3ll and sit out front. Well DD17 says she heard her dad talking to DS10 I ask how was the conversation and DD17 says dad asked where you were and DS10 said IDK she left. H responds where is she is she with her boyfriend? LOLOLOL DS10 says no dad mommie loves you and he says does she and he says yes she loves you alot and she is married to you and she would never do that(drat!) and he says well maybe she is seeing someone and DS10 say no dad. I come in a while later and say I'm back and DS10 tells me the talk and I say DS10 you don't have to tell daddy I love him even tho I do, he doesn't need to know that until he makes a choice.

Anyways can't help but wonder if the sighting of me in the HOT dress has him wondering. This is good , I am hoping his view on me being very loyal is leaving.....

L
L
I have to say I wasn't feeling the love train but

rotflmao
Well DD17 says she heard her dad talking to DS10 I ask how was the conversation and DD17 says dad asked where you were and DS10 said IDK she left. H responds where is she is she with her boyfriend? LOLOLOL DS10 says no dad mommie loves you and he says does she and he says yes she loves you alot and she is married to you and she would never do that(drat!) and he says well maybe she is seeing someone

Someones scareddddddddddd wink cool rotflmao

Hows those cellphone calls going? Got lots piling up?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by lildoggie

rotflmao
Well DD17 says she heard her dad talking to DS10 I ask how was the conversation and DD17 says dad asked where you were and DS10 said IDK she left. H responds where is she is she with her boyfriend? LOLOLOL DS10 says no dad mommie loves you and he says does she and he says yes she loves you alot and she is married to you and she would never do that(drat!) and he says well maybe she is seeing someone

I have had a few calls. Hope3343 calls me from her CT cell phone every few days. I talked with the lovely PrincessMeggy and the ever AMAZING Johnstwin so far and of coure you lildoggie! LOL We have a week and a half till the billing cuts off so yeah still could use a few calls this week and a few calls next week.

D
D
Originally Posted by Trying2live
Originally Posted by lildoggie

rotflmao

I have had a few calls. Hope3343 calls me from her CT cell phone every few days. I talked with the lovely PrincessMeggy and the ever AMAZING Johnstwin so far and of coure you lildoggie! LOL We have a week and a half till the billing cuts off so yeah still could use a few calls this week and a few calls next week.

I'll have to send you my info so we can exchange numbers. Get some more TEXAS calls on there, LOL!!

I don't have class again until Monday so I will just be working around home, taking care of my grandma and doing last minute trial preparations.

Bebop-a-lula-a-womp-bam-BOOM!!!

wink

Charlotte

J
J
Just wondering, how late is too late? Do you want an email beforehand so you know to expect a call, or you want calls just whenever?

me - 47 tired
H - 39 cool
married 2001
DS 8a think
DS 8b :crosseyedcrazy:
(Why is DS7b now a blockhead???)
(Ack! Now he's not even a blockhead, just a word! That's no fun!)
B
B
I think it is perfect what DS said. IF you were new at dating/meeting someone, you would certainly not drag your kids into it (early on, that is)....

You know that.
WH knows that.

So, let WH wonder. think

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
B
B
Yes, I agree, what DS said was excellent. I love the fact that a 10 year old is explaining to his father that married people love each other and don't date!

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by jayne241
Just wondering, how late is too late? Do you want an email beforehand so you know to expect a call, or you want calls just whenever?

I am in the pacific time zone I would say about 8PM-10PM my time is good to call, but if your in the east it would be pretty late for you. During the day anytime is good too.

hug

Its good tho everyone has called spaced out so it looks really natural. LOL

P
P
Its good tho everyone has called spaced out so it looks really natural.

I can't speak for everyone else who's called you, but personally, I was NOT SPACED OUT ! wink

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by barbiecat
I think it is perfect what DS said. IF you were new at dating/meeting someone, you would certainly not drag your kids into it (early on, that is)....

You know that.
WH knows that.

So, let WH wonder. think

So ya think he's wondering? I mean I guess for him to quiz his son he would have to be right?

I have been gone for the last 2 nights so I am going to stay home tonight so it doesn't look so obvious. Then I will be gone tomorrow night. I just say I have errands to do then pop back after 15 mins. Usually run to a girlfriends and sit or run to the health food store or post office.

Ok y'all, So DD17 says she also talked to H last night and he tells her that the was at the beach and watched the sunset alone and it was b*tchen and then he was driving thru Hollywood at night and its really b*tchen and blah blah blah and it was b*tchen. She said mom it was weird he like said it 4 times. I laughed and said what?!?!? Sounds MLC to me! So after 10 minutes or so she hangs up and texts him I am eating chicken and it tastes to b*tchn LOLOLOL. Anyways she says I was telling dad that you met some people and one of the is a location scout for TV shows etc and that mom is sending pictures to have them put them on file. Isn't that really cool dad, and he says, ok and starts talking about his drive through Hollywood. DD17 says he didn't even say one word about it, he changed the subject completely. Guess he doesn't think its so cool that T2L has friends that he doesn't know....LOL

Last edited by Trying2live; 02/04/09 12:50 PM.

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Pepperband
Its good tho everyone has called spaced out so it looks really natural.

I can't speak for everyone else who's called you, but personally, I was NOT SPACED OUT ! wink

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

T
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
I'll have to send you my info so we can exchange numbers. Get some more TEXAS calls on there, LOL!!

I don't have class again until Monday so I will just be working around home, taking care of my grandma and doing last minute trial preparations.

Bebop-a-lula-a-womp-bam-BOOM!!!

wink

Charlotte

Sure thing! OMG I think half the people in the board live in Texas!!! I can see why tho been there to the Dallas are several times have friends that live just outside Dallas. Texas is beautiful and Y'all have tons of shopping and restaurants! And the housing out there is really good too.

N
N
I might have been a little spaced out. Not as good as Pep, not as bad as all the people from Texas. laugh Kind of like a Mediocre Fred.

So......He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Mentioned doubtless thinks T2L is trying to get into the movies and be a big star. And with her new "friend", she just might do it. :MrEEk:

rotflmao

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
H
H
I have to say "i am totally spaced out", hhhhmmm like an alien these days????

Your right there are so many people here from Texas. No wonder all of those country heartbreak songs are from here. It must be something in the water. lol puke diseased with OW spores

Well time for me to get ready and go out and avoid the sheriff with those dang D papers. I think I will write a song about it think

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
L
L
Its good tho everyone has called spaced out so it looks really natural. LOL

Shh, don't tell EVERYONE, my spacey is OUR secret

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
Page 110 of 136 1 2 108 109 110 111 112 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 469 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation