Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
C
OP Offline
C
Arggh, so now I'm REALLY pissed off.

Still lying? Maybe. Even, probably.

Tonight I've heard the litany of things wrong with me. Oh, he tried not to act like he really believed it caused his infedelity, but I've heard about the old weight problem. And I've heard about how I've "made myself unemployable by assuming the identity of the mother of a sick child."

Give me a freaking break.

Yes, I have a child with big problems. Yes, I've become isolated. Yes, I left my career and probably can't get it back after 16.5 years away.

Yes,I've battled obesity my entire life, done the impossible, and know it is a battle I cannot ultimately win. Age and hormones will eventually defeat even my best efforts. I still fight, every day.

I acted in good faith. He did not.

What a spoiled brat.

Chrysalis
M
M
Cyhrys, stick to your guns.

M
M
Chrys, I am so sorry...I don't know what else to say except for that. I am glad that you got the truth from the poly, even if your dumb*ss refuses to admit it.

(((hugs)))

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
P
P
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Tonight I've heard the litany of things wrong with me.

That's what liars do when they are cornered - they go on the attack.

B
B
Screw Plan B I move for Plan D.

Lying [censored] STILL can't tell the truth.

I'm so sorry Chrys but I suggest you excise this cancer immediately. He will NEVER be trustworthy. I'm so sorry.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
L
L
Crysalis

hug

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
C
OP Offline
C
He just sent the NC email. I thought it was completely wooden and fake, and told him so.

He has called out for Monday and Tuesday, but as of Wednesday, I am at a loss.

I'm going to bed now. It is raining and i want the physical comfort of being in the same bed as my spouse of 28 years.

Gads, why?

Why?

Why?

Chrysalis
L
L
I thought he was going to wait until more people had a chance to look at it? Why is he sending it, it is your letter. It is yours to decide what to do with it, not his.

I am sorry Chrysalis but I don't want Flick posting to him anymore. He is still a bit foggy and I don't want to run the risk that he starts to think Chewie's words have value.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by lildoggie
I thought he was going to wait until more people had a chance to look at it? Why is he sending it, it is your letter. It is yours to decide what to do with it, not his.

I am sorry Chrysalis but I don't want Flick posting to him anymore. He is still a bit foggy and I don't want to run the risk that he starts to think Chewie's words have value.

OK I understand. By the time you get here something will have changed anyway. Either Chewie will have gotten it or our status will have changed. God, I hope, pray he gets it.

I told him to go ahead and send. I am expecting her to freak out for 2 days and then by wednesday when he goes back to work, who knows?

She is a crazy B%^&*N anyway.

Chrysalis
L
L
No sweetie, you misunderstand.

We still want to meet and shoot and stuff, but for it to be like when you came here. Not talking about MB stuff KWIM???
So you ok'ed the sending? I will have to change my post to him blush

C
OP Offline
C
I okayed the sending.

I think FLick is really good for Chewie.

I also think it is good for Flick to help another struggler, like Chewie. In fact, I think Flick benefits from reaching out to help more than anyone he talks to.

But I ** know** chewie needs to associate *help* with a face and place, like Flick. I thin this was a little miracle for them, for me, to meet up.

Chrysalis
L
L
ok.

Your prolly right. Chewie is the first time Flick has been interested in someone. I just worry because he does say slightly foggy stuff about the sitch. He did try to say the poly 'might' have been false, but also agreed that the episode on Mythbusters we watched about the accuracy was pretty compelling. Just quietly he did say he thinks Chewie is (expletive) five ways to friday, and should just fess up, take the beating and move on. 2 days out of his life max that way. This way just drags on and on ad nauseum

C
OP Offline
C
No sweetie, you misunderstand.

We still want to meet and shoot and stuff, but for it to be like when you came here. Not talking about MB stuff KWIM???
So you ok'ed the sending? I will have to change my post to him blush

OK will it help if we bring Ds 14, soon DS15 along? Who is still, god bless him, innocent of all of this?

Chrysalis
C
OP Offline
C
ok.

Your prolly right. Chewie is the first time Flick has been interested in someone. I just worry because he does say slightly foggy stuff about the sitch. He did try to say the poly 'might' have been false, but also agreed that the episode on Mythbusters we watched about the accuracy was pretty compelling. Just quietly he did say he thinks Chewie is (expletive) five ways to friday, and should just fess up, take the beating and move on. 2 days out of his life max that way. This way just drags on and on ad nauseum

LOL sorry but Flick is brilliant

why are WHs so stoopid?

Chrysalis
C
OP Offline
C
OK really really going to bed now..

Chrysalis
L
L
G'nite sweetie. I'll email you my thoughts.

hug hug hug

pray pray pray

hug hug hug

S
S
Chrys,

I was a lurker on this board for about 2 years before I posted, and I read your threads during that time. I have been re-reading them and I have bumped 3 on the GQ forum and 3 on Recovery in the hope that Chewie will read them and weep.

However, reading them again has given me a distressing overview of your experiences.

I think you have worked at creating a marriage of "technical' NC, openness and transparency, but that real NC, openness and transparency have not come about because of Chewie's alienation from the marriage.

You, Chrys, have never been allowed to explore the previous affair that Chewie has confessed to, nor the suspected other affairs. I saw that the current OW spoke of previous affairs - plural - when she left a message on his machine a few years ago.

It could be that Chewie has not been engaged in your marriage for many years.

Chewie's OW is married with children. Despite counselling with SH and despite the urgings of posters here, you have never exposed to her H.

OW clearly does not wish to leave her husband just yet, if at all, but she wants to maintain her affair with Chewie while she stays in her marriage. It could well be that she intends to leave her husband when her children are older, and that Chewie is waiting for her to make that move. There must be some reason why this affair has gone on for 5 years, through the near-breakdown of your own marriage and counselling and follow-up homework with SH. I don't think that Chewie is merely addicted to the high that contact gives him; I think that he is "in love" with, and committed to, his affair partner.

You should have exposed this affair to her husband when you first posted here and received that advice. Had you done so, it is unlikely that this affair could have continued in secret for so long. Exposure to her H might have made the affairees come out into the open and leave their spouses, or it might have made it the affair whither, but it is most unlikely that you would be where you are now. One way or another you would have had a clear outcome.

Whether you intend to stay with Chewie or not, this affair must be exposed to OWH today. You have enabled the continuing affair by allowing her to stay in contact with your H under cover of secrecy. You must by now know all the arguments for why the other spouse should know about the affair, whether it has ended or not. If you do not want to be here again in a few months or a year, you must expose to OWH right now.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
B
B
And I've heard about how I've "made myself unemployable by assuming the identity of the mother of a sick child."

Wow, that one jumped off the screen and made my heart fall...........

Hugs to you.

L
L
Chewie's OW is married with children. Despite counselling with SH and despite the urgings of posters here, you have never exposed to her H.

Chrys and I had a discussion about this after her last D-day. SH is the one who told her NOT to expose. If she was paying all that money to counsel with him I think she should listen to him. I wonder what he would say about it now?

LC

S
S
I have skimmed through the read, admittedly, but I cannot find where he told her NOT to expose. I have read where she says "exposure did not come up at the last counselling session. I'll see what SH says at the next one" and then nothing was said by SH.

I know that SH sometimes counsels that exposure should take place if he feels that the WS can be drawn into recovery by him. If he told Chrys this, was it when Chewie was apparently on board with counselling and the Home Study course? Would SH have said this after D Day 4?

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 365 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation