Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36
I
I
I would reply...."Is it the OM's!!!!" dance2

C
C
Nah - just let all parties involved know that your WW will be showing up there with her boyfriend, the OM.

How about flowers with a card attached...nah, it's not their family's fault what they're doing.

I don't see what's wrong with letting her know you know, unless that's revealing sources. Give her a little paranoia, kwim?

How about a card to OM?

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by catperson
Nah - just let all parties involved know that your WW will be showing up there with her boyfriend, the OM.

How about flowers with a card attached...nah, it's not their family's fault what they're doing.

I don't see

what's wrong with letting her know you know, unless that's revealing sources. Give her a little paranoia, kwim?

How about a card to OM?

I am gonna go with the condolences line. No flowers, no card. Like you said it's not his families fault.

If she asks how I know.....lucky guess??

Less of an answer is better rite now.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
Exposure day 12/29/08 (Ws 32nd bday)
I wanted to fix marriage June 1st
A found out June 11th
W came home August 18th till the end
BS papers from her Oct 2nd
Real papers from me Oct 17th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
WW wants to know why I would think it was someone in his family. LOL.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Carp54
WW wants to know why I would think it was someone in his family. LOL.

Since everyone loves a train wreck/car accident.

I replied

If someone in your family had passed away you would have told me or someone would have called me.

None of our friends or their family members have died.

That just leaves someone from work.....a lucky guess!

Talk to ya later

She replied back

I work with 50 people and have gone to a wake for almost everyone that had a loved one pass

I am just gonna let it go....better to keep her guessing then get sucked in.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
M
M
I work with 50 people and have gone to a wake for almost everyone that had a loved one pass

"thats ok, I will find out on my own. I have to document this for the judge. Please send my regrets." smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

"thats ok, I will find out on my own. I have to document this for the judge. Please send my regrets." smile

You make me laugh Mel!!

It's in the paper...anyone can look.

You bet my journal will have an entry....

NO legal talk Mel....per MortarMan!!

Last edited by Carp54; 02/06/09 03:36 PM. Reason: I like to type!!! :)

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
D9 had a friend stay the night. We all (me my daughters and friend) had pizza, went to the video store, had a good time.

WW got home about 7, brought some snacks for the kids, stayed in her cave most of the night.

I know I was feeling bad that WW wasn't laughing and having a good time with us...I probably shouldn't. How the heck can she sit in there and feel nothing? If I was her I'd be crying into my pillow! My shoe family going on with "normal" life while I did nothing!! The mind of a wayward.....

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Journaling a little here....

Saturday was uneventful. The WW went to work and me and the 3 girls were not moving rapidly. Soccer registration was saturday morning for D9.....I coached D12 for 6 seasons so its my youngests turn. D9s friend wanted to play as well so both families went to sign up.

After sign ups we all went to lunch together. I hten took my daughters to get their mom some Valentines Day gifts. When I was a kid my mom did the same stuff for us for our dad.....even though they were divorced she made sure he got fathers day, xmas, bday gifts etc.

WW called about 1:45pm and said she was going to the gym after work. She came home about 4pm, milled around the house, took a shower and left by 6pm to go out. I actually said to her as she was leaving "we will se you tomorrow". I think she got home about 4:30am......I guess "super Mom" from earlier in the week has left....

Sunday was odd

I went to church at 11am then went grocery shopping afterward. When I got home WW had cleaned up the entire first floor, swept, mopped, the whole 9 yards. I commented that the house looked and smelled great....this comment was met with some grumbling..I just walked away. WW even folded all my clean laundry...even my undies! WW then made dinner for us....then did not eat with us but said she was going to visit her uncle. She was back a couple hours later then disappeared to her room. She had come down from being upstairs a bit carrying a spiral notebook. She has been doing alot of writing lately.

sunday night and monday night D12 and I have had some very deep conversations...the phrase "I hate mom" came out a couple times.
I told her you should not hate your parents....I did a lot of listening...my heart breaks for her...and gets angry with WW.

Single parenting I think I can handle....I practically do it everyday. Trying to parent with a Wayward Spouse....in the same house....sucks!

Monday night was regular as far as the Carp house goes. BBQ for dinner....WW not home after work but at the gym. Me and the girls were upstairs when she got home...I heard her say "hello" but the girls did not. I flat out ignored her hello. Me and the kids just kept about our merry business...D9 on the PC...D12 doing homework on my bed. She got home about the exact time I had to leave to go to IC.

WWs writings....
I am gonna put it up here soon.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
P
P
I went to church at 11am then went grocery shopping afterward. When I got home WW had cleaned up the entire first floor, swept, mopped, the whole 9 yards. I commented that the house looked and smelled great....this comment was met with some grumbling..I just walked away. WW even folded all my clean laundry...even my undies! WW then made dinner for us....then did not eat with us but said she was going to visit her uncle. She was back a couple hours later then disappeared to her room. She had come down from being upstairs a bit carrying a spiral notebook. She has been doing alot of writing lately.

She's posturing.

Journal entry: "I cleaned the house BY MYSELF while DH went to church. Did laundry for whole family. Cooked dinner. No one said thank you. DH ignored me. Kids ignored me. Nobody cares about me!"

OR

She was making a list of assets as she cleaned.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

She's posturing.

Journal entry: "I cleaned the house BY MYSELF while DH went to church. Did laundry for whole family. Cooked dinner. No one said thank you. DH ignored me. Kids ignored me. Nobody cares about me!"

OR

I am gonna post up what she wrote....its not a list or a real journal!

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Inside my WWs mind. This is from Sunday night

Starting another notebook!Just one of the myriad of spirals that I have attempted to trap my thoughts in. I dont want to talk. I keep thinking of each person in my life who up to this point I knew with utmost certainty that I can call upon and release some of the pressure of whatever is bothering me. Their faces go thru my mind one by one and I dismiss them. Not because I think that they dont care but because I simply cant bring myself to speak. Hard to believe I could be striken mute! The daily drama that since my teens has been a constant topic of conversation now is stuck inside my head. I dont have the energy to talk anymore. I'm crying, screaming, fighting, laughing but all inside my mind. I feel so lost and alone and bored with my own bullchit that I dont want to involve anyone else. Ive been told before that I'm self absorbed and dont pay attention to the needs of others

She has started a few spirals over the last 8 months. Most of them were a continueing "life story" kinda thing.

Chew on this guys.....

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
C
OR

Ouch! lol

C
C
Well at least she realizes things aren't quite right, I guess. Does she want you to read it?

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
OR

Ouch! lol

LOL!! Assets?? How many middle class American families do you know that have any ASSETS??!!

1 crappy 32" color TV
2 surround sound stereo....burned out display
3 couch....puked on by kids/cats

Last edited by Carp54; 02/10/09 12:53 PM.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well at least she realizes things aren't quite right, I guess. Does she want you to read it?

This is a good question Cat!!

Its not like it was hidden under the couch or anything.

She LOVES to make spying\snooping comments.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
P
P
The daily drama that since my teens has been a constant topic of conversation now is stuck inside my head.

What happened to her when she was a teen?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Z
Z
This is probably a sign that exposure has worked pretty well. Try to be the one person she can talk to!

C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
The daily drama that since my teens has been a constant topic of conversation now is stuck inside my head.

What happened to her when she was a teen?

She was sexually abused by her stepdads best friend when she was 12.

Drugs

Very unstable family life.

We met during her junior year. Her stepdad beat me up once because he thought I stole her virginity.

She had to raise her step brother from the time she was 12.

Do we need more?

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
C
Carp54 Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by ZenWolf
This is probably a sign that exposure has worked pretty well. Try to be the one person she can talk to!

This I partially agree with.

About the exposure part.

I always try to keep myself available. She has to want to talk to me though....we are not there yet. I am still the enemy in her eyes.

Me 35
W 31
D12
D9
A found out June 11th
Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 623 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation