Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24
D
D
how about blazing hot in the Middle East where if you touch another man's W they will cut his one eyed friend off?

That's Middle South...

...Texas, that is.

Hence the house across the street.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
H
H
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
tst,

I for one didn't believe it when you began to repent. Yet.....

I am curious. What turned you around?

It was not WHAT, but WHO. God! & 100% surrender!

I agreed 100% to do whatever SMB wanted!

Here is what she required.

Originally Posted by SexyMamaBear
REQUIREMENTS TO COMING HOME

Humility

Remorse

Surrender emotionally before me and spiritually before God

Godly sorrow (not fleshly sorrow) (Godly: sorry that I ever had the A & did this to our family. Fleshly: sorry I hurt you)

Authentic repentance

Owns his choices and the consequences they caused (to himself, me, children, extended family, friends, etc.)

Apology for the A and his hurtful actions before and after

Confession & apology to children

Confession to extended family & certain close friends that have confronted him

IC, MC, & Family C

Accountability forever to 3 men that I choose

Attend church again

NC Letter

Provide all cell phone & credit card records from this past year

Complete radical honesty about our entire history together

15+ hours together weekly

Pray with me daily

Polygraph

Post Nup agreement that provides for me very well if we ever divorce

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
B
B
tst - I'm with Chrys - I had given up hope for your marriage and doubted you were for real until you had the post nup agreement.

One day maybe you can post your story from your side about how this change came about.

H
H
Chrys,

No one should have believed me without heartfelt repentance and actions to back it up.

Chewie should not be believed either.
He has not been honest in 5 years ....... What was his character prior to that?

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
M
M
I came up with a list of cold, dark places we could start looking.

I'll check my WW's left and right ventricle for you.

He is beginning to be appalled at what he has done.

I doubt it. He is being to be appalled at the consequences of his actions. He is probably beginning to go into withdrawal because of NC.

I've been tied up in my own drama, I haven't read the whole thread, has he even copped to PA yet?

Don't be heartened by false progress, you won't see true marital remorse for three months, if ever.

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by believer
tst - I'm with Chrys - I had given up hope for your marriage and doubted you were for real until you had the post nup agreement.

One day maybe you can post your story from your side about how this change came about.

And I am wondering if Chewie's willingness to walk away from his 20-year prominence in the community and completely change the kind of medicine he practices to something far less demanding, in the location of my choosing, is similar to your post-nup.

Chrysalis
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
I came up with a list of cold, dark places we could start looking.

I'll check my WW's left and right ventricle for you.

Mike,

You owe me a new laptop. Mine got "laughed" on.

Chrysalis
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by tst
Chrys,

No one should have believed me without heartfelt repentance and actions to back it up.

Chewie should not be believed either.
He has not been honest in 5 years ....... What was his character prior to that?

The character change started 9 years ago, the year our DS14 got really sick.

Before that he was....amazing.

Which makes me sadder than just about anything.

Chrysalis
C
OP Offline
C
[
Don't be heartened by false progress, you won't see true marital remorse for three months, if ever.

Thanks, I needed to hear that.

Chrysalis
B
B
I thought Texans only pistol whipped people. stickout laugh

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
D
D
About the nasty emails from OW - have you changed your email addresses yet? You can also set up blocks so that anything with her name and specific key words will be permanently deleted without anybody ever seeing them. You don't need to read her lies - they only hurt you more and feed his addiction.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. pray

drgnfly

BW-31
FWH-32(skald)
DD-5
In Recovery
"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

"To Err is Human. To Arr is Pirate."
N
N
(((((((Chrys)))))))))

I am so sorry. I don't quite know what else to say. I am sorry about the developments, I am sorry you are going through this (yet AGAIN), and my thoughts and prayers are going up to you. I read all of this on Sunday, and like Mark, was so mad, well, you know.....

Be strong and take care of YOU....(and that means NO WEARING THE PAUL McCARTNEY T-SHIRT ALL DAY..... crazy)......

not2fun

M
M
Originally Posted by black_raven

A New Jerseyan would say that is a total waste of a perfectly good item that could shoot someone.

N
N
Originally Posted by black_raven

A New Jerseyan would say that is a total waste of a perfectly good item that could shoot someone.

Them there Texan's are KNOWN for wastin' perfectly good items......... rotflmao

not2fun

C
OP Offline
C
Not,

No worries, I put the Sir Paul shirt back in the drawer. It's only for treadmill time now.

The pastor visit was disappointing yesterday, I was hoping for some clarity and instead we spent 2.5 hours talking about a lot of stuff that just made me want to quit. Then Chewie had to take call last night and I had a complete meltdown. We were up until 2 or so with my meltdown.

So I made a couple of lists this morning.

One was "what do I want?" and "what do I need?"

The other was the pluses and minuses of 3 different options.

1. Open marriage-- Plan FU -- I'll do what I please, don't ask me any questions, we'll negotiate a fair schedule for time off from child rearing, and I won't even pretend to try to care about you any more. We don't have to move, we don't have to uproot DS14, and you don't have to make any uncomfortable personal changes. The downside-- emotional/relational. Sounded awful to both of us.
2. Divorce. I get free. We negotiate a fair childrearing schedule and a fair financial settlement. I can live where I want and do what I want. DS 14 could stay in his school and you don't have to make any uncomfortable personal changes.
Downside: emotional/relational; destruction of the family. Sounds awful to him; I twist and turn with the roller coaster on this one.
3. Reconciliation. We move away as soon as possible. We get serious about the MB program and build a life that works for both of us. Look for 5 years of really tough times to get to healing. You have to give up your current practice, your community, and DS14 will have to move and change schools. That's the one Chewie says he wants, and if it really happens I'd love that, too. I just don't trust it until I see it happen.

We talked about timing. The most precipitous thing would be for him to give notice and ask for a leave of absence for the notice period; but it is unsure they would grant his request for LOA and he'd be contractually obligated. What we are working on is job search stuff right away. Chewie has put together his CV and arranged for references and has already started sending his CV around.

I told him that if concrete steps were not taken regarding finding a new place to live by the time he has to go back to work Monday, I would divorce him.

The danger period is when he goes back to work. I don't know how I'll get through or he'll get through.

He told me today that before, when he ended the affair and it actually held for 2 months, he had held on to a few sweaters OW had been giving him every year for Christmas presents. I had no idea about them. He kept them because he didn't want to give them up. He lied to me at the time about whether he had given everything up. We are going to his office tonight and ditch them and anything else we can find that relates to her.

We are putting together a list of places to consider moving to and only a few of them are cold and dark. I did offer him the Antarctica suggestion.

Chrysalis
M
M
3. Reconciliation. We move away as soon as possible. We get serious about the MB program and build a life that works for both of us. Look for 5 years of really tough times to get to healing. You have to give up your current practice, your community, and DS14 will have to move and change schools. That's the one Chewie says he wants, and if it really happens I'd love that, too. I just don't trust it until I see it happen.
Chrys...just so you know, this is exactly what we did.

It wasn't easy, but FWH's willingness to do this and his PUSHING to do it helped ease my discomfort. He took all the steps to make this happen, and it did.

It's been a good thing for us...I pray the same for you.

(((hugs)))

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
B
B
Hang in there, girl. Fight for your marriage and your family.

Keep in mind that hubby is a drug addict. When he goes cold turkey, he will get over his addiction.

It is interesting to me that he seemed to change when your son got very sick. Sick kids are a big strain on the marriage. Maybe he felt guilty thinking that he should have been able to heal your son, or prevent his illness.

Your husband has been with you this far, and hasn't left for the OW. She is nasty, and maybe somewhere deep inside he realizes that.

Take care of yourself right now, and don't settle for less than you deserve.

A
A
I have posted to your H before, but never to you. I was not at all hopeful about your M until I read your last post and the plan 3 for your H to change jobs and your family to move to a different area.

My H's A was with a co-worker and although the P part of the A ended right away, it was not until three months later when he left his job and we moved several states away that we started to R. I fully believe that if my H were still there, the A would have been back in full swing. The "spell" the OW cast over him was amazing (still feels like a kick in the gut even though he now is disgusted by her)and took several months to overcome after NC was established. And he was NEVER able to tell her "no" when she wanted to talk.

BTW, those three months when he was still working with the OW and they were still "talking" at work were terrible for me. H was working in Atlanta and DS and I were in Richmond. Every day was torture until he left there. My H had agreed to tell me about any/all contact which he did (or at least most of it). And everytime he did, I was immediately on the phone to OWH to let him know. It cooled the rest of the A off quite a bit. On his last day of work there, even though we had practiced how he would respond when she asked to talk, he could not resist the big good-bye speech. And he only wrote the NC letter 2 days after that.

I agree it will be very difficult for you when he goes back to work. I hope it will not be for long and that you will find a way to get through it.

Prayers and best wishes.

AM

Last edited by armymama; 02/11/09 08:11 PM. Reason: added info

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
M
M
Take care of yourself right now, and don't settle for less than you deserve.

Don't EVER settle...

True recovery only comes from not settling.

You need compensation not a settlement.

He's been busted and now he is being broken.

Still praying for both of you.

Mark

B
B
I might have missed it but has Chewie even admitted yet the PA?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
Page 16 of 24 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 23 24

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation