Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24
R
R
Nope. Still sticking to EA story, despite flunking that very question on the poly.

*sigh*

Me BS 61
Him FWS 63
Married 40 years
D-Day 6/30/06
Still can't believe it.
6/08 Recovering nicely. Anything is possible!
M
M
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Not
We are putting together a list of places to consider moving to and only a few of them are cold and dark. I did offer him the Antarctica suggestion.

Until he confesses this is all a waste of time, hon. You'll move somewhere with the same crippled divorce and unanswered questions.

L
L
(((Chrys))),

I'm sorry the meeting with the pastor was disappointing.

Be sure to call the medical boards in each state you are considering and inquire what the process is and timeframe to get a medical license in their particular state.

LC

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Mike_C2
Not
We are putting together a list of places to consider moving to and only a few of them are cold and dark. I did offer him the Antarctica suggestion.

Until he confesses this is all a waste of time, hon. You'll move somewhere with the same crippled divorce and unanswered questions.
Mike,
I think he enjoys the sport of "Death by 1000 Cuts" at least as much as your W.

Chrysalis
C
C
Chrys....please email me - cinderella4mb

you can find me @yahoo.com

C
OP Offline
C
Cinders, email sent.

Chrysalis
C
C
Thanks. Can't check personal email from work. Locks up my computer. Will check it tonight or this weekend.

P
P
I've been stopping myself from posting to you, because I fear that what I am thinking will be too painful and make it 1001 cuts.

Let me know when you feel ready, if ever. pray

S
S
And I am wondering if Chewie's willingness to walk away from his 20-year prominence in the community and completely change the kind of medicine he practices to something far less demanding, in the location of my choosing, is similar to your post-nup.

Sorry, Chrys, but that is meaningless if he is not even willing to come clean about a PA.

There has been no change of heart if he is still unwilling to be completely honest. His lack of honesty proves that he is not willing to do whatever it takes.

Are you wiling to settle for a dishonest man going forward? (that is a sincere question that you need to examine...you may decide you are...it's your choice, Chrys.)

Honesty and openness is a FIRST step, and not an optional one.
A marriage built (or REBUILT) on lies (or just one lie) is standing on shifting sand and will crash again one day.

All the actions I required of tst were actions that would demonstrate whether tst's HEART had been DEALT WITH. I wasn't looking so much at THE actions themselves, but what the actions demonstrated about his insides. If he had done everything else on my list, but refused to be honest, I would have known that the HEART CHANGE was still not there.

I know that this is all just about unbearable for you, and I'm sorry. There is nothing more I would like to do than post a warm fuzzy post to you about how great Chewie is doing. But the bottom line is....he's still a liar.

{{{{{{{{{Chrys}}}}}}}}

Last edited by sexymamabear; 02/12/09 10:43 AM.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

K
K
Chrys - I have to agree - A lie also leaves Chewie open to blackmail by the OW - if he won't come clean about the whole thing now, she's got leverage on him for future contact or she'll come clean to you!

OW want the destruction of marriage. Lies leave seeds for OW to break the bedrock that marriage is built on.

Chewie failed the lie detector test on several related questions. This is not a mistake. He's not a victim. He's a liar and one that will move you away, snow you again into thinking he's "Honest John". And he doesn't have anymore chances to blow but he will if the lie isn't dealt with NOW.

I would proceed with Plan B or whatever you need to do but do not move forward with this man until he's humbled to the dust - and not an actor playing the part of a man humbled to the dust.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
M
M

Chrys (and Chewie),

In 9 years on this forum, the simplest line was posted to me yesterday on this issue by Aussie:

"You want me to forgive? Okay, what exactly am I forgiving?"

Once my WW opened up the other day, the ability to forgive her appeared on the horizon like a tiny wagon of posies and daisies rolling toward god that is gay.

Moving, NC letter, you both are delusional. We all knew Chewie was lying -- then he failed a poly to underscore it!

This isn't some minor detail, it is the single core of an infidelity issue.

D
D
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
Chrys - I have to agree - A lie also leaves Chewie open to blackmail by the OW - if he won't come clean about the whole thing now, she's got leverage on him for future contact or she'll come clean to you!

This is exactly what happened to GreenMile. His OW kept his nasty emails and IM's and used them to threaten him for at least a year and a half. He was trapped. Now that does not give him an excuse but it did happen. She still has them and has threatened to send them to our kids, everyone he works with and me. We have defused her by preempting that and he has told the kids and the people she might have been able to find. The only thing that will stop Chewies OW is for him to come clean and preempt it. It stopped GM's OW, at least for the last 3 months.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
K
K
And the saddest thing is that unless Chewie undergoes this humbling for real and comes clean about everything, when OW does pull a stunt - after the cost/expense and trouble of a move to save the marriage, and he gets caught he's going to say OW lies! He's a victim. Again. Misunderstood.

If it weren't for TST, I wouldn't believe there is a chance for Chewie to do this. But he has to go through the PAIN that TST went through. Surrender EVERYTHING. Including the lie! And leave himself wide open to the mercy or justice of Chrys that he knows he doesn't deserve!

I'm waiting to see evidence of that true humbling, Chewie - I've seen it so I know what to look for, and you're not putting out yet. So I'm waiting!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
D
D
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
If it weren't for TST, I wouldn't believe there is a chance for Chewie to do this. But he has to go through the PAIN that TST went through. Surrender EVERYTHING. Including the lie! And leave himself wide open to the mercy or justice of Chrys that he knows he doesn't deserve!

If it were not for TST and the advice of SMB regarding how they did it I would not believe GreenMile could do it either. Now I think he has but then it is early and will take a good long while before I ever feel safe enough to really trust him, if ever. Still, TST has been an excellent role model for anyone needing to do this and an excellent teacher as well.

I believe I have seen that surrender here. Still I will remain guarded as I think we all should, Chrysalis especially now.

Bandaids do not work, there has to be a ripping open of the soul. Then you can dress the wound.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Pepperband
I've been stopping myself from posting to you, because I fear that what I am thinking will be too painful and make it 1001 cuts.

Post whatever you think, no one else seems to mind!

Chrysalis
P
P

No, I decline.

S
S

Chrys,

You've been on this side of the message board. You know what it's like to have your own heart ache for someone else here.

That's what we ALL ARE FEELING FOR YOU. I'm sure that everyone here would prefer to say to you, "WOW! Chewie is gettin' it. He's finally seen the light."

But no one here's going to lie to you. We have no reason to.

And believe it or not, we don't want to see you hurting anymore than you already are.

We aren't the big bad bullies trying to rain on your parade. We all see a MAJOR redflag

Not a minor one.

Would you prefer we ignore it and watch you set yourself up for more heartache?

If you are willing to spend the rest of your life with someone who is lying to you, it IS your choice. But you aren't going into this blind, yanno?

Happily married to HerPapaBear

C
OP Offline
C

No, I decline.

???

I am puzzled. Did I offend?

Chrysalis
P
P

Not at all. I don't want to offend you.

C
OP Offline
C

Not at all. I don't want to offend you.

Even the 2 x 4s have not offended me. I don't see anybody here posting in bad faith to me, which is a bit different than what I have observed in my marriage in recent years.

Chrysalis
Page 17 of 24 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 23 24

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 761 guests, and 62 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation