Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
If you want to see what a wayward turned former wayward looks like...

Consider Paul in the Bible.

As Saul, he was the leader in persecuting believers.

God blinded Saul and then he completely transformed his heart.

Then the scales were removed from his eyes and he could see. His physical sight was restored, but he could also "see" all the destruction that he had caused. He was HORRIFIED and was completely committed to doing everything he could to further the name of Jesus.

Paul did not let threat of death stop him. He did not let prison stop him. He did not whine over his suffering, but instead considered it pure joy to suffer in Christ's name. He continued forth with his eyes on the prize.

Paul's story proves to me that someone can have a complete and instant transformation.

And it will be obvious by the fruit that comes forth.

If the fruit is not there, the spouse is not repentant.

Last edited by sexymamabear; 02/16/09 02:37 PM.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

K
K
If God, Vishnu, or any other deity really gave a rat's [censored] about adultery, he/she/it could've prevented it from happening in the first place.

And that's making the HUGE assumption that any god is real, and not in the same category as Santa Claus and the Boogeyman.

It's the same old story. Large disaster or personal tragedy? It was caused by Satan.

If you ever get over it? Thank goodness God was there for you to lean on in tough times.

I'm sick of it. Give credit to God, fine. But he also deserves blame when things go wrong, too.

I remember right after Katrina submerged a large part of New Orleans, there was a news story about a lady who found her dog clinging to a piece of floating debris.

"Thank the Lord!" the lady shouted.

I was thinking, "You've got to be effing kidding me. You are sitting IN A SUBMERGED MAJOR CITY and rather than wonder why God didn't just dissipate the storm with a thought, or at least take it down to a category 3, you're thanking him for saving your dog.

She actually believed that God directly intervened to save one dog, but not to salvage a city.

Give god credit for helping you after becoming a BS or a WS? Fine. But stop insulting the intelligence of others by blaming the cheating on Satan.

God could've taken care of Satan by now, if he'd chosen to. Instead, he stands by and watches while his digruntled ex-employee does horrible things to his "children".

Thanks, Dad.

Divorced
H
H
Originally Posted by Krazy
I'm sick of it. Give credit to God, fine. But he also deserves blame when things go wrong, too.

God did not create evil.
Evil is the result of what happens when
man does not have God's love present in his heart.
It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat
or the darkness that comes when there is no light.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
K
K
Originally Posted by tst

God did not create evil.

God allegedly created the universe and everything in it.

If he did, then he created all of the rules, too...including what you posted.

If "evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart", it is only because God decided it should be that way.

He could've made a rule that says, "evil is what happens when you combine chocolate and peanut butter" if he had chosen to.

God has a pretty sweet gig. He gets credit for creating and constructing the entire universe and setting up ALL of the rules and regulations for the operation of said universe, but gets NO blame when something goes wrong. Zero. Nada.

Divorced
S
S
kissANY HUMAN BEING ALIVE CAN CALL THEMSELVES A CHRISTIAN.

laugh shocked wink :o:Anyone with a mouth can pray and say they believe in God.
rotflmaoAnyone with legs can walk into a church and sit thier butt down.
coolAnyone with half a brain can think they are a Christian.
prayAnyone can say they are a Christian or pretend they are one.

It takes a smart reasonable and observant person to see if a spouse, or another person who claims to be Christian is actually acting loving and caring and responsible, like one or if thier heart is like a Christian is supposed to be.

grumble mad TEEFIf a person is acting selfish, cheating, lying, complaining continuously, blowing money, has addictions, looking for other men or women outside the marriage, neglecting thier kids, spending the family money on thier cheating, bringing home STD's, using the other mariage partner for money, constant dating and partying outside the marriage, staying weekends at the other lover's house,...... etc, etc, etc. Then, logice and common sense tell you they are either NOT a Christian or they are failing with thier walk with Christ. :twobyfour:In either case, Know that you must treat them as the worst heathen around.

If someday the cheater spouse should repent and restore the marriage and act like a Christian being trustworthy, loving and kind again, then you could look at them as a Christian. smirk

Last edited by Stellakat; 02/16/09 03:38 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Originally Posted by tst

God did not create evil.

God allegedly created the universe and everything in it.

If he did, then he created all of the rules, too...including what you posted.

If "evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart", it is only because God decided it should be that way.

He could've made a rule that says, "evil is what happens when you combine chocolate and peanut butter" if he had chosen to.

God has a pretty sweet gig. He gets credit for creating and constructing the entire universe and setting up ALL of the rules and regulations for the operation of said universe, but gets NO blame when something goes wrong. Zero. Nada.

This is almost comical. These are the same things tst use to say to and about those crazy Christians...back when he was enlightened.

Krazy, as long as your heart is hardened to the truth, the truth you will not see. And we will continue to appear crazy, ignorant people to you. It doesn't hurt us for you to think of us that way. That huge hole in your heart was designed for God to fill. You can deny it until the end of time, but it won't change the fact that you still have a huge hole.

S
S
It is not God's fault human beings are so stupid. HE refuses to control us.

K
K
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
You can deny it until the end of time, but it won't change the fact that you still have a huge hole.

Call it a design flaw.

Divorced
W
W
I have no idea from your posts if you believe in God or not. If not, this is all moot anyway, but if you do, I have news for you,

GOD DOES NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING!!! NOTHING!!! NADA! ZERO! ZILCH!!

You owe HIM everything! He owes nothing to ANY of us. We are ALL unfaithful in multiple ways and yet he forgives us, IF we are repentant. He gave us a sinless savior for THIS very reason. NOT because we deserve it, but because he LOVES us.

Love is not what we as humans would like it to be. It is not making sure we have no trouble or no contact with evil. THAT would be enabling. Not love.

If you do not believe that he spoke the Universe into being and can INDEED speak it OUT of being with a word, then I can imagine this will have no meaning for you.

If you do believe it though, why have you allowed yourself to stay so immature in your reasoning?

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
Married-5/26/2001(2nd for me, 1st for him)
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
S
S
Stella, I agree with you 100%.

Many BS's here are married to someone who had lived a dedicated Christian life pre-affair. We KNEW that our spouse was a follower of Christ, not just an impersonator.

So, what happened?

They were tempted.

Their own evil desires allowed them to choose to entertain that temptation.

Those evil desires led them to commit sin, not just in their minds but with their whole selves.

That sin begins to grow and overtake them, because they allow it to consume them. They become unrecognizable to everyone who knew them.

They are DYING spiritually. If they do not repent, their sin WILL kill them.

The WS is making choice after choice after choice that leads them deeper and deeper into their sin, until they cannot even recognize it as sin. It all started because they were tempted and made the wrong choice.

S
S
You can deny it until the end of time, but it won't change the fact that you still have a huge hole.

Call it a design flaw.

You make me smile, Krazy.

K
K
Originally Posted by Stellakat
It is not God's fault human beings are so stupid. HE refuses to control us.

I know, I know...we have free will. With that little threat of eternity in Hell hanging over our heads.

Imagine I walk into a convenience store, point a pistol at the clerk's head, and demand the contents of the register. He complies without a second thought.

Should he be fired for this? After all, he exercised his free will during the robbery. Nobody made him open the register for me.

Divorced
K
K
Originally Posted by Wknghrd2LoveEasy
I have no idea from your posts if you believe in God or not. If not, this is all moot anyway, but if you do, I have news for you,

GOD DOES NOT OWE YOU ANYTHING!!! NOTHING!!! NADA! ZERO! ZILCH!!

You owe HIM everything! He owes nothing to ANY of us. We are ALL unfaithful in multiple ways and yet he forgives us, IF we are repentant. He gave us a sinless savior for THIS very reason. NOT because we deserve it, but because he LOVES us.

Love is not what we as humans would like it to be. It is not making sure we have no trouble or no contact with evil. THAT would be enabling. Not love.

If you do not believe that he spoke the Universe into being and can INDEED speak it OUT of being with a word, then I can imagine this will have no meaning for you.

If you do believe it though, why have you allowed yourself to stay so immature in your reasoning?

I didn't ask for life. You can't put a new TV set on the front porch of an unsuspecting recipient and claim that they "owe you".

No, I'm not a believer, but I find it comical that someone who believes in an invisible man in the sky because of a book would call my reasoning "immature".

Divorced
H
H

Call it a design flaw.

I guess I'll just have to take this design flaw of your's on faith. grin

Recovery began 10/07;

K
K
Originally Posted by tst

Call it a design flaw.

I guess I'll just have to take this design flaw of your's on faith. grin

I say there's no hole.

If there is, it was put there by two Christians.

Divorced
H
H
[
I say there's no hole.

If there is, it was put there by two Christians.

In your world, there is no such thing as God, hence, no such thing as Christians. think

You do have to take it on faith that you don't have a hole though. Same as I must take it on faith that you have a brain. You can't really prove either one.

Unless of course you get a gun and then you might could prove both! rotflmao

Last edited by tst; 02/16/09 04:12 PM.

Recovery began 10/07;

K
K
I believe that there are Christians all over the world. Probably about a billion of them.

At one time, Zeus had many followers, too.

No God doesn't mean no followers...no followers means no God.

Divorced
S
S
If there were no hole, you would not be drawn to these discussions about faith in Christ. Yet you cannot stay away.

If there were no hole, you would feel, say, apathetic toward these conversations.

Or you would say, whatever helps them get through...whatever.

But instead, you feel anger because we have faith.

W
W
As I said, moot point.

However, I certainly consider LIFE to be of more value than a TV set on my porch. Maybe you do not.

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
Married-5/26/2001(2nd for me, 1st for him)
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
K
K
It doesn't matter what the "gift" is.

You can't reasonably give it to an unsuspecting recipient and claim that they owe you. That's insane.

Divorced
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 1,099 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation