Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
W
ITA. ITA. ITA.

I thank God for you and tst and your testimony here. A breath of fresh air. You are truly loving people.

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
Married-5/26/2001(2nd for me, 1st for him)
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
B
B
Originally Posted by Krazy71
No, I'm not a believer, but I find it comical that someone who believes in an invisible man in the sky because of a book would call my reasoning "immature".

Krazy everyone got the memo that you are an atheist and you can move right along.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
Originally Posted by Dude007
I agree that the SELL-OUT EVERYTHING, and she did, EXCEPT, I asked her if I could move out and/or was there someone else ONE YEAR before confession. She SOLD everything out, EXCEPT letting my happy a$$ get on w/ my life and find another wife. I know people bash me about the Revenge A, but this is what utltimately brought that to her. SHE KNEW the M was over once the A started and if I ever caught wind of it, but no, she sold EVERYTHING out, but didn't tell me. Thats the part I don't understand, SELLING EVERYTHING OUT, but leting us stay married.(Sell out the M officially, you already done it emotionally) Guess she wanted to keep the GRAND LIE alive. If she allowed me to separate(I should have just left)she could have pulled this guy out a month or two after the separation and NO ONE would have known. I'll never understand that and thats why I hit her w/ every emotional WMD I could come up with at the time. Then on to the BIG D and MASS EXPOSURE for the finale. What do they tell their new Christian BF? How do they explain their D to them? A long term A lasting over a year, good luck w/ that!!

DUDE

Dude,

HER adultery does NOT excuse your own. Have YOU repented of YOUR sin yet?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
W
W
Like I said, moot point.

I would not even attempt to try and show you that life is a gift beyond measure.

You are allowed to believe it is not.

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
K
K
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
If there were no hole, you would not be drawn to these discussions about faith in Christ. Yet you cannot stay away.

If there were no hole, you would feel, say, apathetic toward these conversations.

Or you would say, whatever helps them get through...whatever.

But instead, you feel anger because we have faith.

Huh?

Christians are responding to me. They are not "apathetic toward these conversations".

Do they all have a hole, too?

Divorced
K
K
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Originally Posted by Krazy71
No, I'm not a believer, but I find it comical that someone who believes in an invisible man in the sky because of a book would call my reasoning "immature".

Krazy everyone got the memo that you are an atheist and you can move right along.

And I'll do so. The Christians can all thank you, because your post has intimidated and humiliated me into shutting up. rotflmao

Divorced
S
S
a-hole, too?

K
K
Originally Posted by Stellakat
a-hole, too?

I wasn't referring to the hole they talk out of, but thanks anyway.

Divorced
W
W
Yes Krazy, we ALL have a hole. Christians believe that the ONLY way that hole can be filled is by God. Many theologians write about the God shaped hole in each of us.

And Krazy, not all the Christians want you to stop posting.

Last edited by Wknghrd2LoveEasy; 02/16/09 05:07 PM. Reason: world's worst typer

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
D
Dude007 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by bigkahuna
Originally Posted by Dude007
I agree that the SELL-OUT EVERYTHING, and she did, EXCEPT, I asked her if I could move out and/or was there someone else ONE YEAR before confession. She SOLD everything out, EXCEPT letting my happy a$$ get on w/ my life and find another wife. I know people bash me about the Revenge A, but this is what utltimately brought that to her. SHE KNEW the M was over once the A started and if I ever caught wind of it, but no, she sold EVERYTHING out, but didn't tell me. Thats the part I don't understand, SELLING EVERYTHING OUT, but leting us stay married.(Sell out the M officially, you already done it emotionally) Guess she wanted to keep the GRAND LIE alive. If she allowed me to separate(I should have just left)she could have pulled this guy out a month or two after the separation and NO ONE would have known. I'll never understand that and thats why I hit her w/ every emotional WMD I could come up with at the time. Then on to the BIG D and MASS EXPOSURE for the finale. What do they tell their new Christian BF? How do they explain their D to them? A long term A lasting over a year, good luck w/ that!!

DUDE

Dude,

HER adultery does NOT excuse your own. Have YOU repented of YOUR sin yet?

Yeah, I did it and it was wrong. I should have went straight to PLAN D and never looked back. I guess I lashed out so the pain would go away, which it did for the most part. Doesn't make it right and it is inexcusable. I am much closer to God now that at that dark period in 08. So yes, I have repented, and to be honest, I dont get the HOOPLA surrounding As. To me, if you want another relationship, just ask for a separation/divorce. Then you can be open and date whomever you are interested in. I think the WEAK and INSECURE people have As. Someone that is very secure will just say, SEE YA, knowing they can get someone else of equal quality or better. I just think As are highly overrated. There is no way they can be worth all the pain,loss of integrity, loss of respect, etc. Again, when they go out dating, how does it come up? I uhm had an A for a year, once I got discovered, my H Divorced me no matter how hard I tried to make it right. Well, so your M was bad and thats why you had an A, YET your H wanted to go STRAIGHT to PLAN D, and you talked him out of it. Hmmmm...Something doesn't sound plausible here...Dude

Dude

P
P
Originally Posted by Wknghrd2LoveEasy
Yes Krazy, we ALL have a hole. Christians believe that the ONLY way that hole can be filled is by God.
****edit****

Last edited by Dufresne; 02/16/09 06:19 PM. Reason: TOS Vulgar

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
W
W
rotflmao

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
P
P
Well, at least the quote wasn't edited and you can fill in the blanks.

dance2

S
S
Vassula, I have told you that I had sent My Warnings through various prophets, 1 but in your generation My prophets are not taken seriously; today, when Heaven speaks it is the least of their concern; scarcely do I utter a word through My mouthpiece than they dash on him and run him through; but My House will be reconstructed by the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame; the last will be first and the first, last; I have opened the eyes and the ears of the worst among you and turned blind and made deaf all those who claimed they could see and hear; My Name shall be honoured once more and worshipped;

THE DAY IS COMING.

All this blasphemy will have a price tag attached to it.

pray

All blessings,
Jerry

P
P
Oh great another who thinks they are going to get to watch and cheer when God punsishes who they consider the damned.

It'll be a glorious payback as you sit on your velvet pillow, won't it?

D
Dude007 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Either a Christian believes GOD sees everything or they don't. I cant imagine they could believe that AND engage in an A. The two are incomprehensible to reconcile. I think they are mutually exclusive.

M
M
Either a Christian believes GOD sees everything or they don't. I cant imagine they could believe that AND engage in an A. The two are incomprehensible to reconcile. I think they are mutually exclusive.

Anybody remember what we call fog?

Anybody recall the things their WS said to try to justify the A?

Anyone who believes in God and has an affair has already decided that the A is a gift from God. They feel justified in having the affair.

Think of all the things the WS has said...

"The marriage was over a long time ago."
"I haven't loved you in ___ years/months/weeks/days."
"I NEVER really loved you."
"We don't have a marriage."

We could make a list that goes on for several pages.

The bottom line is that during the affair the WS does not see themselves as doing anything wrong, before God or Man.

In order to have an affair, a person must be either a total sociopath or be able to resolve a conflict between their own actions and their moral code. They all agree that adultery is wrong (over 99% of those polled agreed with this). So how do you have an affair and do what you think is wrong? Doesn't that make you a bad person even in your own eyes?

Enter the justification process. If I can convince myself that what I am doing is right and not wrong or that some greater good is being upheld by my actions, then I can act the way I want to act without any feelings of guilt and without admitting that I am breaking my own moral code. For Christians or even for those who might not really be believers but who have grown up in the Judeo-Christian traditions of our culture here in the U.S.,the first assumption that is made is "God wants me to be happy" and that is His primary goal for my life.

Working from that assumption, if God wants me to be happy >>> OP makes me happy >>> God wants me to be with OP is not a huge logical leap.

And for the skeptics that think that being a Christian means that you think you are better than anyone else...

Being a Christian means that you know you are worthless before God. Sins are forgiven, not because God chooses to ignore them but because the debt for those sins has already been paid.

A REAL Christian isn't perfect, and they aren't simply forgiven, they are bought and paid for because Christ paid their debt off. It isn't what a person does or does not do that balances the account since no one could ever do enough to be like God. It is what God does for us that removes the debt from our account.

It can be really hard to imagine anyone who committed adultery earning their way into a place of righteousness before an omniscient and omnipotent God, but for a Christian, there is nothing you can do to earn that place yourself. God doesn't grade on a curve. His standard isn't the same as Sears...Good >>> Better >>> Best . His only standard is like Him and everything else comes up short. You don't become a Christian by birth, by attending a certain church or by doing a list of things and avoiding doing other things. You can only become a Christian by accepting the payment Christ made for your debt.

A Christian justifies sin the same way a non-Christian does, by a convoluted, makes-no-sense, unacceptable, purely selfish road to self justification, which has NOTHING to do with Christ, Christianity, God or any other religious or intellectual exercise.

Christians SHOULD live by a different standard and SHOULD avoid having an affair...Then again, anyone that is married SHOULD avoid an affair and SHOULD protect the marriage. It isn't the exclusive domain of Christians.

If you want to criticize the actions of the followers of some religion, pick one that is based on actions and not having the sin debt paid in full by God.

God won't punish to make things come out even. That's karma, not judgment...

God doesn't forgive because he's a nice guy and feels sorry for us, He forgives because HE paid the debt Himself.

Nobody will get into heaven because they were sinless. Only one Man was able to accomplish that and He was executed for sins he didn't even commit. Anyone getting into heaven will do it because Christ was sinless.

Mark

W
W
Dude,

What seems to be at the heart of this is what YOU believe?

Do you believe that when a person becomes a Christian that they are now incapable of serious sin? Do you believe that if a person commits serious sin that they are NOT a Christian, even if they have said before that they are not?

ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
ALL . Not SOME. Not a FEW. Not just the people who are not Christian. Not just......,but ALL

Sin is not "making a mistake", or an "error in judgement". It is a DELIBERATE choosing of a path that is displeasing to God. It is a DELIBERATE effort to pervert the Word of God to fit your particular set of circumstances. It is saying to yourself, "Yes, I KNOW what God SAYS, but in MY particular circumstance, He wants something DIFFERENT for ME. I'M special, different, better.
I'm smarter. I can interpret the Word of God for MYSELF."

This is WHY Satan got himself kicked out of heaven in the first place. This is WHY when the snake came to Eve, she said to herself, "Yeah, the snake is right. I SHOULD be able to eat this fruit if I want to."

Sin is saying to yourself, "I KNOW BETTER. And God WANTS me to know better. He sees me doing this and He approves."

Sin is really saying to yourself, "I am the master of my destiny. I AM GOD."

Sin is BELIEVING Satan. Say it out loud to yourself. Sin is BELIEVING Satan. And God help us all, we ALL do it.

All, whether they are Christian or not are capable of serious sin? If you do not believe that, you will never resolve this. Becoming a Christian does NOT prevent you from having the capability to sin. It actually opens your eyes to your own sinful nature and the woeful condition of your soul WITHOUT Christ. It also makes you a new target for Satan in a myriad of ways.

THEN, IF you do not protect the boundaries that God has defined for you, IF you do not daily turn to Christ for protection and strength, IF you do not continually fill yourself with the Word, IF you do not remember WHO you are in relation to Christ, you will fall AGAIN to the tempter. And again, and again.

Your wife did not do this. YOU did not do this or you would have resisted the RA.

God sees, God hears, God knows. Your wife knows this and so do you.

What do YOU believe?

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
W
W
God doesn't forgive because he's a nice guy and feels sorry for us, He forgives because HE paid the debt Himself.

AMEN!!!!! and AMEN!!!!!

WH2LE

BS(Me)-57
FWH-54
DS-30
DD-27
D-Day-05/31/2007
P
P
In other words unrepentant adulterers get off scott free.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation