Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18
C
C
I'm one of those people who can vacuum the floor lovingly

Then I must vacuum in apathy.

Last edited by chrisner; 02/19/09 03:58 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
G
OP Offline
G
i think you are right about the language MIM ... use of the word if makes it sound like an ultimatum.

I'm pretty sure that I've been using I statements, which is why it feels a bit powerless. There is no action if she doesn't agree with, or honor my broken record statement. There is no threat, no real consequence other than continuing to hurt me and hurt our boys. The consequence only comes when I've had enough and ask her to leave. I have not threatened that, nor will I. I will continue to express my love, and desire to recover our marriage, and the actions that I believe are required for us to move forward together. We'll either forge a path together, or she'll ignore me and continue the A. Eventually, I won't have any fight left. There is no threat, but there are inherent consequences.

does that make sense? or am I still sounding like a doormat?

Last edited by greatwhitenorth; 02/19/09 04:05 PM.

M - 12yrs
BS = me
DS8, DS6
EA D-day = 01/25/09
PA D-Day = 02/12/09
Plan A 01/27/09 -
Plan A with earnest exposure 02/12/29

I
I
I understand that you originally came from the US to go to Canada.

Is there any legal complication to take the kids, while married to go back to USA?

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
T
T
MiM: Yes! Boundaries are about "I". Good point.

GWN right now you are not setting boundaries *or* issuing ultimatums. You are reminding her how hurtful your behavior is.

Right now you're just saying "It's painful to see you continuing the A with OM". This eliminates (hopefully) her ability to tell herself "GWN doesn't care what I'm doing".

Plan B would be a boundary. That would be saying "I can't bear the pain of seeing you constantly interacting with OM, so I'm removing myself from the drama."

I
I
Originally Posted by imagine
I would ask her not to bring up the subject of OM again. Do not bring up this man yourself. Focus on you.

This did not come out at all as I would have liked:

I would like to repair this sentence: Do not bring up the subject of OM as an entity again. Bring up the triggers - the place of identification with OM. Focus on your PERCEPTIONS of influence to your marriage. At the same time do look smart when meeting WW.

Like Mel I agree that a physical removal is logical, provided you can do this legally hence my asking about physical removal of the children while married.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
I
I
Keep in touch GWN!

Page 18 of 18 1 2 16 17 18

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation