Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 291 of 339 1 2 289 290 291 292 293 338 339
M
M
Queenie,

Don't miss the two things I posted in Hebrew or at least their English translations...

Imporatant to remember right know I think.

Mark

C
C
OMG!!!! I'm praying for you. Proceed with caution. False recoveries are no fun. This I know for sure.

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
N
N
((((((((Queenie)))))))))

My nose was a twitchin today.....hmmmmm.....well, what an interesting progression of events. Hang in there. Pray. Keep moving forward. DO NOTHING.......

If you can get through this without doing anything, well, that alone will be the pinicle of your success and growth.

Stay the course. FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

and remember.....I LOVE YOU HONEY.....

not2fun

Q
OP Offline
Q
"When it is finished according to His will."

and

"The Lord is with me, I will not fear (be afraid)."
And this says it all in a nutshell.

There is NOTHING for me to do. G-d has his will and my life. I made that decision today.

The reality is there is NO RECOVERY.

But what there IS.... MY RELATIONSHIP with G-D and my DESIRE to serve and please him.

Hi Chai and Not....... Interesting for sure. But that's ALL...

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Queenie,

Don't miss the two things I posted in Hebrew or at least their English translations...

Imporatant to remember right know I think.

Mark
No sir, I'm not missing them indeed. G-d has worked too hard in me to see his worked ruined. He is my shepherd and in the end I shall not want.

Thank you for keeping me grounded.

And still DARK, DARK, DARK.....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Goodness gracious I'm up and have been up since 3:30. My mind is just racing and I'm trying to center myself and just relax with G-d. Having a hard time though. For so long I have walked the journey of keeping G-ds will in my thoughts above all else and now when it's most important that chatter in my head is so loud.

I have questions about what's going on over on WH's side and it's because I always have this deep NEED to understand things.

So, just to get rid of the thoughts I'm putting them down on paper.

If anyone who reads this understands what happens in the withdrawal process I would be most grateful to know. I remember going through the withdrawals when WH left and everytime that I saw him I would get that high feeling. But then Plan A and Plan B allowed me to learn to get him out of my system where I didn't think about him every moment of every day. Because let's face it, that's what I did.

At the end of my withdrawals, I was in a place to move on and live my life without my H and worked so hard to build a life that didn't include him and possibly never would.

Anyone interested in helping me understand how at the end of the withdrawals from OW after all this time, would my H suddenly emerge and want to come home. Then again I just thought of it.... Or G-d planted it...

Because when this happened I intuitively knew what to do, go back to AA. G-d was working in my life and I sought him out. And once I sought out G-d then I was on my journey to healing.

And for WH, that's what is most important. He needs to find his way to G-d, seek him out for guidance and let G-d take him on his journey of healing. I have the urge to gently push, I'll be honest. Like mailing an AA brochure of meetings to his work. I won't of course.

What I will do is crawl back under the covers and silence my head and ask G-d how I can serve him today and be the complete woman that he designed me to be. Last night in talking about the latest development with some AA friends, it truly dawned on me how much I have changed.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
B
B
Might as well do something useful, like scrubbing the toilets. There is no sense in trying to figure out what is going on in his mind or what he will do.

My ex always sent letters that he was sorry, but......... He mostly felt sorry for HIMSELF. And then it took 7 months before he asked to get back together.

As I recall, he came by my home to tell me something about the kids. And then he asked me if our marriage was really over in my mind. Of course, we were DIVORCED so I told him it was. But he kept contacting me for another 6 months until he finally gave up.

L
L
Hi Queenie,

What I will do is crawl back under the covers and silence my head ... it truly dawned on me how much I have changed.

Good for you, Queenie.
Not easy...but doable!

XBW
DS16 & DS22
PLAN D: finalized!
C
C
Originally Posted by QueeniesNewLife
I have questions about what's going on over on WH's side and it's because I always have this deep NEED to understand things.

Go read Dueteronomy 29:29.......you don't have to understand. It will be revealed in time, if He chooses. Meanwhile, keep walking with G-d.

M
M
Queenie,

Remember my flashlight analogy?

Where you point the light is what you will focus on. If you point it into the woods you will not see much, what you do see will be difficult if not impossible to understand and you will also lose sight of the path ahead of you and lose your way.

An interesting thing about walking along a path by flashlight is that it only illuminates what you need to see right now. It doesn't show you what lies ahead 100 yards or 100 miles...It lights your way one step at a time.

What's around the bend? Who knows? Do you trust God to take care of that too? Then focus on the path immediately ahead, take another step where He is leading you and don't worry so much about what is happening outside of the circle of God's light. Even if you can't see, He can and already knows what He will do to handle it.

What happens in the wilderness is not what you need to worry about. You only need to worry about your path through the wilderness.

God will be done with your husband when He is done with him...

And He'll be done with you when He is done with you...

You stand on a hill overlooking the road to what God promised. Your husband is still back in Egypt, a slave to his own ways...

Keep going forward and don't try to turn back to look for him. Remember what happened to Lot's wife? For your husband to be where you are now he has to travel where you have been and he has to run faster to catch up. But the sooner you get to where God is leading you, the sooner YOU can rest and wait while God prods him along. Even if he gets lost in the wilderness by taking his eyes off the path again, YOU will be safe because God already brought you through it.

When Israel was wandering in the wilderness they weren't alone. God didn't SEND them to the Promised Land, He LED them there. His Presence was before them by day and stood watch over them by night. Everyone could see His Glory. As long as everyone stayed fixed on Him, they couldn't get lost. But some looked at their surroundings and their circumstances and lost sight of God and the goal. An entire generation died in the wilderness because they lost their focus on the One who was leading them and chose not to trust Him though they had already seen many miracles in their lives.

The Lord is with me; I'll not be afraid.

Mark

K
K
Originally Posted by Mark1952
Queenie,

Remember my flashlight analogy?

Where you point the light is what you will focus on. If you point it into the woods you will not see much, what you do see will be difficult if not impossible to understand and you will also lose sight of the path ahead of you and lose your way.

An interesting thing about walking along a path by flashlight is that it only illuminates what you need to see right now. It doesn't show you what lies ahead 100 yards or 100 miles...It lights your way one step at a time.

What's around the bend? Who knows? Do you trust God to take care of that too? Then focus on the path immediately ahead, take another step where He is leading you and don't worry so much about what is happening outside of the circle of God's light. Even if you can't see, He can and already knows what He will do to handle it.

What happens in the wilderness is not what you need to worry about. You only need to worry about your path through the wilderness.

God will be done with your husband when He is done with him...

And He'll be done with you when He is done with you...

You stand on a hill overlooking the road to what God promised. Your husband is still back in Egypt, a slave to his own ways...

Keep going forward and don't try to turn back to look for him. Remember what happened to Lot's wife? For your husband to be where you are now he has to travel where you have been and he has to run faster to catch up. But the sooner you get to where God is leading you, the sooner YOU can rest and wait while God prods him along. Even if he gets lost in the wilderness by taking his eyes off the path again, YOU will be safe because God already brought you through it.

When Israel was wandering in the wilderness they weren't alone. God didn't SEND them to the Promised Land, He LED them there. His Presence was before them by day and stood watch over them by night. Everyone could see His Glory. As long as everyone stayed fixed on Him, they couldn't get lost. But some looked at their surroundings and their circumstances and lost sight of God and the goal. An entire generation died in the wilderness because they lost their focus on the One who was leading them and chose not to trust Him though they had already seen many miracles in their lives.

The Lord is with me; I'll not be afraid.

Mark

Mark, without a doubt...the best post I've read in a long time!!!

Queenie, ask yourself this question.....is this Mark speaking to you...or is this God speaking to you through Mark?????

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

Q
OP Offline
Q
LOL, Believer,

Might as well do something useful, like scrubbing the toilets.
Silly girl, this GODDESS doesn't DO toilets at 4am.... lashes

There is no sense in trying to figure out what is going on in his mind or what he will do.
If that isn't the smartest statement. I just needed to play with it for awhile, but I think I am over it... :crosseyedcrazy:

Kick, I have felt on many occasions that G-d has spoken to me through Mark.

And yes Mark, I trust G-d to get me through this. I think that for so long there was NOTHING, but then there has been movement and it's giving me hope and I want more. But, keep my eye on G-d and out of my head and life will be as it should.

praying to G-d to lead me on my way that he wants. NOT ME.... And the Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want...

Good morning Luna, how are you?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Yes Miss Cinderalla, to Deuteronomy 29:29 I go..

Well school has been cancelled. I got a call at 5:45 because school was two hours late and AM kindergarten was to attend. So I dragged my rear out of bed, went down to school set up the system to call staff, and went home crawled back into bed. Then 45 minutes later I get a call that it's PM kindergarten coming and not AM....... UGH.....

I get to work to change the website that school has been cancelled. faint And now it's raining and the parents are NOT happy with the school district and the phone is just ringing off the hook.

YES I LOVE MY JOB..... I LOVE MY JOB.... I LOVE MY JOB..... hurray

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
H
H
Mark, I like to "borrow" your analogy for T2L sitch. She is struggling in a similar situation of keep breaking Plan B and what her H is doing.

I think that was one of the best that i have read on this site. Thanks ... hurray

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
Hope,

Use whatever you would like. The flashlight analogy I refer to I posted to Queenie a while back. If you look through her thread you might find it and if not, let me know and I'll repost it for you.

I'm the analogy king, so I have a bunch of 'em...

Comes from teaching Sunday school for so many years, I think.

Edited to add: Here's where I first posted the flashlight anaolgy I refer to above. It was November 13th of last year:

Did you ever go camping as a kid?

My father's idea of roughing it was to rent a fishing boat that had a manual start outboard...

But I was a Boy Scout. Really. I had a green uniform and everything.

I remember walking along a path in the woods in the middle of the night. The trees seemed to swallow up the surroundings and noises, some identifiable and others more sinister by the fact that I couldn't tell what they were all around me.

But I had this really cool flashlight and when I turned it on and could see where I was headed, it wasn't so scary after all. The light was just bright enough to illuminate my way and show me where I was going. As long as that light was pointed onto the path, I knew exactly where I was headed.

But if I swung the light off to the side, and pointed it into the woods, now it was really scary. Not only couldn't I see the path I needed to stay on but I could also see all sorts of things in the darkness of the woods. Some of them were merely shadows and not anything real at all, but when you're 9 or 10 you don't reason that well and it is the UNseen that holds the most terror.

The light shining into the trees didn't cast a beam very far and the woods seemed to swallow it up within a few scant yards so that it's power seemed to be lessened some how. And when it did strike something that was alive, it caused the animal's eyes to glow, usually an eerie red that seemed to be so evil in its very nature.

But when I turned the light back onto the path, all those things dimmed into memory very quickly and I could once more see where I was going and knew that I was still on the right path. As long as I kept that light pointed where I was headed and kept my gaze fixed onto its bright circle ahead of me, I knew everything would be alright.

Haggai 1 (NIV)
5 Now this is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 6 You have planted much, but have harvested little. You eat, but never have enough. You drink, but never have your fill. You put on clothes, but are not warm. You earn wages, only to put them in a purse with holes in it."

7 This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Give careful thought to your ways. 8 Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build the house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored," says the LORD. 9 "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house.

When we focus on ourselves and our own circumstances or on our surroundings, our progress comes to a stop. We are afraid, unsure of where to go and what to do and become lost in our self pity. No matter what we think we can do to overcome our lot, we find that it is never enough. We think we're making progress but it is all an illusion.

When we focus on Him we know where we are headed and know that we are going down the right path. His ways first and our ways will be smooth and easy going.

Psalm 119: 105 & 106 (The Message)
By your words I can see where I'm going;
they throw a beam of light on my dark path.
I've committed myself and I'll never turn back
from living by your righteous order.

As long as we remain focused on His light and follow where He leads us, we can know that we are safe and that nothing can harm us, because we can see the light of God's words shining before us, showing us where we need to go.

Last edited by Mark1952; 02/26/09 02:50 PM.
Q
OP Offline
Q
so I have a bunch of 'em...
Please feel free to keep on coming with them.

They soothe my soul and everyone else's....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
S
I really have to thank everyone on this thread for the input and verses right now!

It's been great to read them! grin

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
A
A
Amen!!!

It's like, we know that if/when we are feeling low we just come to Q's thread and Mark is going to post something awesome and godly that will fill our hearts with hope and faith.

HI Queenie,
Honey, I am praying for you, I love you...

Angie.

C
C
For those of you who are suffering the abandonment of infidelity or other marital loss, I also found great comfort in Isaiah 54, I think it was.....you may have been abandoned by the (husband) of your youth but G-d will be your (husband) and will be there for you...

While my Bible uses the word husband, I know there are men who endure this stuff....so I suppose God could be there to provide the love and emotional support of a wife for those people. Some very wonderful men (like Mark) have BTDT.

hug everyone hug

M
M
While it's nice to have a fan club, it's the message...

NOT the messenger...

All I can do is mess it up. If it applies to someone, helps them in some way or gives them encouragement, it's what was said and where is came from that matters and not the one doing the telling.

In other words, I'm not important. ^^^HE is what matters.

If I wasn't here, He would still find someone to say it. In fact, He has been saying it for a long time...

Page 291 of 339 1 2 289 290 291 292 293 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation