Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
A
sampleman,

Your posts would be amusing if they were not so sad (for your wife, not you). How can you be straight with her when you can't even be straight with anonymous people on a message board? You were having affairs with these women, no? At least emotional ones, I'm sure. That's why she got so upset. Then you upset her more by downplaying it and trying to convince her it was no big deal, right? So then she'd bring it up again every once in a while *because it was never resolved to her satisfaction* and you acted like it was in the past, she should just get over it, right?

If you care about her, you need to be open and honest with her even if she still decides to move on. You could try practicing that here with us.

S
OP Offline
S
i am trying to be as honest as I can, i have nothing to lose at this point. maybe direct questions would help?

M
M
Originally Posted by sampleman
most of the numbers were old people i knew from the past. i was at a local bar when i ran into all the people, drinking and catching up, just having a good ole time. acting like it was 2001 again or something when life was much different.

but still, no FACTS. And no truthful explanation about what you were doing with these women and how you ended up putting their #s in your phone.

Can we get a little HONESTY here?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
i am trying to be as honest as I can, i have nothing to lose at this point. maybe direct questions would help?

I am about worn out with ya after knowing you for 15 minutes. If you are this cagey with me, I shudder to think how you are with her. And if you are this cagey with her, I would tell her to RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.

Why can't you just be straight?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

T
T
Who was the female who called you are 4am?

Was it an old girlfriend of yours?

Was it someone you have cheated with before?

BW 38 (me)
FWH 42
Married 7 years
DD 6
SD 15
11-2006 H said he wanted a divorce and walked out
3-2007 I told H I wanted him back
3-2007 to 4-2007 D-day's
4-2007 H moved back in for good
Today-In recovery, but a long way to recovered
S
OP Offline
S
i never had any affiars or interactions with any of the people outside of having the numbers in my phone. i deaded everything right when we started fighting. i saw her pain, and did feel bad. i acted selfish, and was thinking of myself. everyone knows my status (married, father) so that wasnt hidden. I always wear my ring.

M
M
i never had any affiars or interactions with any of the people outside of having the numbers in my phone. i deaded everything right when we started fighting. i saw her pain, and did feel bad. i acted selfish, and was thinking of myself. everyone knows my status (married, father) so that wasnt hidden. I always wear my ring.

more bullcrap, but still NO FACTS.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
i wasnt with any of the women. it was all inside of a bar, more of a high school reunion type of atmosphere. and i found myself caught up in the *hey mike, havent seen u in forever* *hit me up sometime* i dont know if it felt good to hear all that.

S
OP Offline
S
it was an old friend from high school, never had a relationship or anything with, but was calling from what I guess to be a drunk stupor. I havent talked to her since that night, so I never found out. My wife called her, and she told my wife she was calling just to meet up with some *of them* for breakfast. she didnt beleive that, and neither would i. i never asked or intended to have that phone call at that time, but it happened, and it has me here.

M
M
i wasnt with any of the women. it was all inside of a bar, more of a high school reunion type of atmosphere. and i found myself caught up in the *hey mike, havent seen u in forever* *hit me up sometime* i dont know if it felt good to hear all that.

How is talking in circles working for you? you have lost your wife and you can see it is not working for you here.

I know 7 year olds who talk better bullcrap than this.

I know why your W gave up on you. And she should give on you until you learn to be honest.

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
we started using our time when we went out to stay at home and watch a movie, or do things around the house. i really killed all outside influence right away to avoid this happening.

K
K
There should be mandatory courses for those considering marriage.

In those courses, the first thing they should teach is:

If there has been any infidelity between you two already, pick up your things and leave. End the relationship now, and do not ever look back.

Divorced
S
S
Wow,

That really was like pulling teeth.

See a real problem with honesty here.

All Blessings,
Jerry

M
M
she found other females phone numbers in my phone and text messages. we went back and forth about it, and out of the blue every 6 weeks, it would come up and be a source of an arguement. she said she couldnt let it go, and finally felt we were done, so she asked me to move out

SM, you probably won't get this, but I am going to tell you what the problem most likely is. She knows you are lying about the phone #s and senses she has never got the truth. She might be able to forgive a drunken dalliance, but most cannot live with lies and withholding of the truth. It is profoundly insulting to be lied to. She SENSES you are lying [I do too] and is like a BLOODHOUND trying to drag the truth out of you.

Since she couldn't get the truth out of you, she gave up.

She finally accepted that you are not honest enough to EVER GET HONEST and that you are DANGEROUS to her. And I would agree with that assessment. As long as you continue to lie about what you did, she is not safe with you, because if you felt any remorse, you would be TRUTHFUL. But you are not remorseful. You just want her to shut up and accept your stupid little story that fools no one. And as long as you have no remorse, she knows you will do it again.

She did the right thing in ending the marriage under these conditions. Lying about this is dangerous to her, becasue for all she knows, she has been exposed to STDs. This is information about her life to which she has a RIGHT TO KNOW. You don't have the right to privacy when you are married.

So, if you want to save your marriage, I would suggest starting with some simple honesty. As you can see, bullcrap has got you nothing.

Exposure 101

K
K
I agree with you, but it is rather silly of her to expect honesty in the first place. Same with him.

They were both proven liars and cheaters while dating...a wedding ceremony is going to change that? A ridiculous notion, if you asked me.

Divorced
S
OP Offline
S
ok. i figured i could get the numbers, and get away with it. i was being deceitful at the time. i was being dishonest, i thought i was ahead of the game. i wasnt considering her or my kids by taking the numbers. i figured i could get away with this, and it burned me

S
OP Offline
S
i thought this too.....she felt being married would turn a switch....we are both in our 20's, me late, her mid. we both have strayed in the past, but this was the only incident when we were married. she had moved out for a time a few years ago, and moved in with another guy to spite me, taking my daughter. we worked through that back then

S
OP Offline
S
yes i did think i could get away with taking the numbers, and going from there. God stopped that right in its tracks that night

L
L
You started the marriage on a very flimsy foundation.

Given the fact that you both were cheating on each other before the marriage, there is bound to be the question of whether either of you will do it again. Marriage is, in fact, merely a piece of paper if you don't have a genuine, sincere commitment when you being the union. She knows this...and I think you do too.

You both need MC to determine the root cause of the affairs you both had.

The fact that you took those phone numbers from women shows that there are either EN not being met, or that you acted selfishly and that there is a problem that you need to address in yourself. You needed some sort of "ego boost" and you got it from the women that gave you their phone numbers. Classy chicks :RollieEyes: , by the way-if they knew you were married...UGH.

If you didn't express to her that you are willing to do whatever is needed to make her feel secure in the marriage, then it's not going to get any better. And if you don't take an ACTIVE roll in doing so, it won't work. YOU call the MC..YOU make the appointment. Tell her that even if she doesn't want to go, you will because you want to fix this at all costs.

And stop being vague....when you aren't completely honest, she knows. Believe me, she knows.

L
L
yes i did think i could get away with taking the numbers, and going from there. God stopped that right in its tracks that night

By the way..... what does "and going on from there" mean? What do you think would have happened with these women had you not been caught that night? Had you not been busted that night, most likely one of the phone numbers you put in your phone would have turned into a full-blown affair.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation