Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks SD! I'm grateful to have all of you guys here.

I have said time and time again that I'm tried of being a doormat, to POWS, to this lawyer, to men in general...I'm tired of being treated like trash!

hug right back at you! smile

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Well, I got word from several ppl that the lawyer I was looking at was really no better than the one that I have now. So I called my friend, the paralegal, after talking to a few ppl and set up an appt. with the lawyer that she works for. It's tomorrow at 3pm.

I have been out with her a few times and have listened to this lawyer's sons play in their band. I hear that he's very honest and I would be much happier with him then mine! Not the political type.

I'm going to check it out and see. All I want is a lawyer who will do what he's suppose to for me and the kids.

I really don't like this stuff!

Thomas Carlyle
S
S
Rin!
I am soooo sorry that you are going through all of this....I can't remember, but were you legally separated?

I think I would have gone crazy if my D took so long. I am grateful to my exh that he was lazy... it finally paid off for me in the long run! Lol...

I would not put it past your h to NOT get a job so that you would not get CS. He probably will get a job working "off the books". I know of a few "winners" like that. Grrr. Makes me mad.

Hang in there, girl! It will all work out. Just some setbacks, BUT, you are still moving forward.....

((((((Rin)))))))))

S
OP Offline
S
HI Mo! The D was final last May, but "someone" has been dragging their feet in the Comm. Prop. and then it's been a struggle with CS.

I'm going today to meet with another lawyer to try to get a second opinion on where I should go to the state or keep doing what I'm doing in regards to CS. Then there are the contempts of court that have not been pushed for in both matters.

If the Comm. Prop. had been settled long ago, I would probably not be in the position that I am in...becasue what I'm hearing is that I would end up oweing him if we included the rental reimbursement...and becasue of the lies that he is telling about not owning the guns...and with the tools...I am having to come up with receipts to prove the value of things...

On the guns part, because they are in his name, I can not get receipts from the gun shop due to the privacy act...

basically, I'm screwd again...

I also asked about having it put in the paperwork that he is responsible for one half of the boy's college fund and I was told that it couldn't be done...I know that the laws are different but they are ppl here who have had that put into the paperwork...why can't I?

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
OKay, well, ladies and gentlemen I faxed over the paper to let my lawyer know that I will no longer be needing his services and requested a copy of my file to be made so that I can pick it up with seven business days from the date of receipt of the letter.

I now understand that I can not ask for anything having to do with paying half of the kid's college funds, it's just not in our law...

I will be pushing the contempts of court for the sale of my motorcycle and taking everything that he has taken...pushing for CS, whether the best course is through the state or through the courts remains to be seen right now...

I will determine that once my new lawyer looks over everything...

I feel that I have to fight this thing out...just like my marriage...I have to know that I did everything that I could for me and the boys...if that means that I end up paying POWS in the long run than so be it...I can't live with myself if I just bend over and "LET" them use KY on me...

Come to find out, at Monday's meeting, these wonderful gentlemen puke were using the 401K total as of today and not the date of separation like it should have been...I thought that this was the case but with the lawyer that I had...Mr. Self Rightous...was "going along with what POWS' lawyer was saying...and actually using POWS' numbers...

Unacceptable! Fired!

I have to say that I am really scared about the change...wondering if I'm doing the right thing or not...but if I am I will just have to learn this one the hard way...

POWS is in contempt for not paying CS and not having insurance on the kids...so that actually makes four things that my "old" lawyer hasn't pushed and I've asked for him to do so...

I feel pretty confident that this lawyer will "LISTEN" to me...

:pls bow your head for a moment of prayer on that one: LOL

I need all the prayers that I can get...

Bugs...a toast... TO the Goddresses who stand firm with the help of all their MB friends...

Thomas Carlyle
Q
Q
praying for Rin and her boys pray

Look at the strength you have inside of you. You are protecting yourself and your children and I completely understand this need to not leave any rock unturned.

My prayers, my admiration and my best love for your success are my deepest prayers to G-d tonight and until you need them no more. hug

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much Queen! You don't know how much that means to me right now!

I was looking over some videos I ahve of different things tonight to see if I ahd anything there that I could use to help me prove that we had this stuff during our M and being that there's good memories on them it has left me a little senimental tonight.

I had to remind myself that this is business. By no means am I out to get him, hurt him in any fashion...I have no desire to hurt him in any way, regardless of the pain that he has inflicted on me in the past and even to date. I'm over that! This is about business and nothing more.

I'm headed to bed right after I read the Bible...I'm sticking to my Lent resolution...and I'm picking up where I left off last night in the Book of James.

Thomas Carlyle
Q
Q
It is insane of anyone to believe that this isn't hard and doesn't hurt. Of course you get sentimental. You are a loving woman, a caring, giving woman who loved your husband.

As a woman, you have learned to put yourself before others and be an example of taking care of yourself, but that's now always who you were and those people before this reaped some major benefits of giving, giving, giving.

Personally I hold on to my memories with love in my heart because though they didn't last, they were real on that day and forever in my heart and I congratulate you on the ability to look past the hurt and remember the good.

Enjoy your time with G-d. I know he loves to be with you... Sweet dreams my friend.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Queen! There was one video that had the kids playing with POWS and I seet the camera down to just film. I went to crawl on him while he laid on the sofa and he just kept watching TV! I ended up getting off and sitting on the floor in front of the sofa.

I remember feeling ignored, so I sat on the floor and started playing with the boys. That's how I felt often!

Thomas Carlyle
L
L
Rin:

You go you Cajun Goddess!

Do what is right. THe rest works itself out.

(((RIN)))

LG

C
C
What state are you in?

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much LG! The support means so much to me.

Cat, I'm in Louisiana!

Thomas Carlyle
C
C
OK, I wasn't sure if you were in Texas, lol. I was going to say that Texas has a new program where you put money into a college fund, and the fund keeps the tuition costs where they are when you put the money in, not the year they go to college! It's different from the 529s. I wish they'd had this 10 years ago, as D18 is not eligible. Maybe some other states have a similar program.

S
OP Offline
S
Oh wow! What's that program called? I know that we have the 529 but prehaps I can check into something of the same type. Is there a link to the TX program that you can post?

That's awesome! I'll have to let my friends know about that...what about grandparents, can they do that? My parents live in TX?

Thomas Carlyle
C
C

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you so much! I forwarded the info on to my friend! Single dad with two boys, he has custody...I hope that he finds it useful...

That got me to thinking and my mom askes me on the holidays what do the boys want...and I'm like IDK mom...I said once, why don't you get them a saving bond or something...

So, I looked up the 529 for LA and forwarded that link to her...said "this is just an idea!" LOL...

"I" would appreciate it more instead of all the toys and junk that they get! LOL...but I don't think they would! ANd I can just hear my mom in my head "but that's no fun!" :twobyfour:

Mom's got to love them!

Thomas Carlyle
C
C
I'm known as the book lady. I never give any kids anything except books, because I have discovered that nearly no one (child age) owns books any more. It is sad and terrifying, honestly. They may not cherish my presents as much as the Nintendo, but I have to hope that, on rainy days when they're sick and tired of playing the same game yet again, they might actually pick up a book and discover that magic inside, and become a lifelong reader.

One can hope. smile

Maybe she could contribute to that college fund, and just take them to Half Price Books or something?

B
B
Rin,

Just flying by to lend my support. I think LG said it perfectly,,,,Do what is right. The rest WILL take care of itself.

That's what I tried to do as best I could. I was very lucky & very blessed that it all did work out as best it could for me. No reason that it shouldn't be the same for you,,,,and Chai,,,and SL,,,and everyone else around here.

Cheers my dear!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
S
OP Offline
S
Oh Cat, that's awesome and amazing! For someone like me, I would have a field day with you!

I love books and we have plenty around...when I have the extra money...the little scholatic papers that they bring home...I let them pick out one or two, of course with my approval of the books...and then when the bookfair is at school, I try to do it then also...

Not all the time, but sometimes, I will tell them to go pickk out a book and I read it to them...sometimes I caught them reading to each other or just by themselves...

This is something that I would like to foster more...my mom actually bought them both copies of all the Harry Porter books a few years ago...and later got the sixth book (?) when it came out...maybe some day they will actually pick them up! smile

I'm huge on education...when and if I allow them on the computer/internet...they can only go to mom approved websites...educational games, etc...

They get to do alot of things at their dad's house that I don't approve of, but that's completely out of my control...as far as things that they watch, get to do etc...

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Bugs! I haven't been having that thought in my head today about whether or not I did the right thing by firing my lawyer...

I did it so I deal with it...move on and FORWARD...nothing more, nothing less...doesn't make it any less scarey but I've walked through fires bigger than this...

I just had to figure out what was acceptable behavior for me...I am the one that has to look at myself in the mirror everry day!

Thomas Carlyle
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 528 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation