Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30
M
M
Monc...

As I've told you repeatedly, blow this up on OM's side of the fence!!! TODAY!

Also, please believe me that exposure does work...it isn't always instant, but it does work...Rest assured it WILL put pressure on the affair...It WILL change the dynamics of it FOREVER...It messes up the fantasy...injects it with a dose of reality...Affairs thrive in secrecy and crumble in the light of day...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
This can't work...it is just hurting everyone I tell.
Is there an equal sign here that I am missing?

How is it hurting other people for you to tell them the truth?

Who have you told so far?

Why is the fact that other people are as shocked over it as you were initially a sign that it isn't going to work?

What do you think the word "work" means in this context? What do you think exposure is supposed to do that it isn't doing or going to do?

Mark

R
R
She now knows you are exposing. Get everyone exposed ASAP tonight so that she can't spin the story.

BH-me 32
WW-27
Married 5 yrs. together for 8
D2
D7
D-Day:11/10
EA for a week went PA and WW immediately left home leaving everything behind.
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My FIL is telling me that It'll only cause the family to hate me...

You have to realize I don't have a family on my side. I don't.

So the idea of losing them and my wife... Overwhelming.

I understand that it's the affair that is the hurt but I'm the messenger and everyone kills that person.

BH me-26
WW -26
married 3 Yrs together 6 yrs
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My FIL is acting in denial as it puts "if" she is having this affair in front of everything he say's to me.

If the one person I thought who'd be on my side isn't.

How are her siblings going to act.

I sent the FIL an e-mail that proves her actions but he still say's "if".

I trust in this...but I don't want them to hate me. WHAT THE [censored]! Why can't this be more clear to others.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
To do this I have to accept the possibility of losing my wife and losing my family.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I told the mom and she did the same thing...said stop.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
M
Monc...Your FIL is gaslighting you...You are gonna have to man-up and handle this...You CAN do it...Stop letting her adultery control you...Take charge and do what is necessary...If your wife were lying on the floor of a crack house right now would you go get her? Or would you listen to your FIL when he told you that it would embarrass the family for them to know she was there so you should just leave her?

Monc...ACT, don't REACT...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
I have a different take on this.

My husband's family is on the East coast (we're on the West) and he doesn't have a very close connection with them. So when I was having my affairs, he went to my family for support. It drove a wedge between my family and I that still has not been removed. The relationship I have with them is now very distant and "casual". That being said, they have stronger connection with my husband.

It can go the other way as well.

Do you think that their responses are their way of saying that they don't want to get involved?

M
M
Originally Posted by Monc
To do this I have to accept the possibility of losing my wife and losing my family.

Monc what you don't seem to get is that you have already lost them...Exposure is your best chance of getting your wife back...Now toughen up son...You can do this...

Call OM's Mom...Right now...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle

My husband's family is on the East coast (we're on the West) and he doesn't have a very close connection with them. So when I was having my affairs, he went to my family for support. It drove a wedge between my family and I that still has not been removed. The relationship I have with them is now very distant and "casual". That being said, they have stronger connection with my husband.

Do you think that their responses are their way of saying that they don't want to get involved?

Sparky...

It was YOUR BEHAVIOR that drove that wedge, NOT your husband telling them the truth...You get that, right?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

B
B

And what's the alternative?...having a WW that boinks other men but comes home to you every night...at least until she doesn't ever come home? :twobyfour: Grow a pair already. Sheesh.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering

Sparky...

It was YOUR BEHAVIOR that drove that wedge, NOT your husband telling them the truth...You get that, right?

Mrs. W

We were both involved with other people at the time, to be honest.

I completely understand that my behavior was the reason for the wedge. What I find difficult to understand is that she invited my H and the xMOW over to her house for my brother's wedding reception.

M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
They were telling me that if I go through with this I'll lose them... And they again told me to wait it out.

[censored] why am I so easily swayed away from my course!

Last edited by Monc; 03/09/09 06:55 PM.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
M
Originally Posted by MrsWondering

Sparky...

Mrs. W

We were both involved with other people at the time, to be honest.

I completely understand that my behavior was the reason for the wedge. What I find difficult to understand is that she invited my H and the xMOW over to her house for my brother's wedding reception.

Well I can't speak for why your mother would do something that is so morally wrong...That's a real shame...

I just want to make it clear that TRUTH is the solution to adultery...It is wrong to commit adultery, it is NOT wrong to expose it...Any consequences are NOT a result of the truth getting out, but of the adultery itself...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I want ONE of you to link somewhere on this site where it talks about revealing to everyone around the wayward wife.

I can't find it. I find about revealing the affair itself but nothing about total exposure.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
And I [censored] promised him I wouldn't continue... [censored]!

I just realized I said I promise I won't continue.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
M
They were telling me that if I go through with this I'll lose them... And they again told me to wait it out.

[censored] why am I so easily swayed away from my course!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

If you lose them over telling the TRUTH, then they weren't worth having in your life, Monc...

When will you be calling OM's mother?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M

I would just point out that this is a consequence of your affair. If there is a wedge, it is due to YOUR ACTIONS, not his. If he has exposed that you were singing too loud in church, there would be no wedge. If my sister had an affair, her AFFAIR would drive a wedge between us because I don't consort with adulterers. Now, if she changed and repented, I might befriend her again, but she would have to work to remove that wedge.

In fact, my sister is a druggie and THAT has driven a wedge between us. I told her when she is ready to straighten out, I will be there to help but I don't associate with druggies, sister or not. So please, lets not blame the TELLING of the truth, when it was the SUBJECT of the truth that drove the wedge.

Monc, please listen to Dr. Harley and other posters who are in recovered marriages. Your FIL is more concerned about protecting his DD from the consequences of her affair than he is in helping you save your marriage. He does not know how to save marriages.

Exposure is bound to make some angry. Mostly those who are corrupt themselves. But folks who know right from wrong will stand on the side of your marriage and will not throw you under the bus for exposure.

Exposure is simply the most powerful tool you have at your disposal. It is like chemotherapy to cancer, REGARDLESS of whether the foggy minded and those with an agenda object.

Do what is right and stop listening to the chatterers and the naysayers who don't have a CLUE what they are talking about.

Man up and do it because it is RIGHT, and ignore your FIL. Tell him "thank you, Sir, but I choose to follow the advice of a PSYCHOLOGIST who knows how to save marriages. I know you love your DD and want to protect her from conflict, but I also love her and intend on doing what is right for my marriage. I hope you will support me in that endeavor."

Dr. Willard Harley, clinical psychologist and author of Surviving an Affair:

"I'm in the process of rewriting "Surviving an Affair" to add information about plan B. Some of the main points are as follows:

Whether in plan A or B, the world should know about your husband's affair. All of your relatives, your friends, your children, and the licensing board for your husband's lover. In some states a licensing board will revoke a license if a counselor is having an affair with a married person, client or not. This is because it's well known that affairs hurt families, especially children. And counselors know better than to have an affair.

The reason for the wide exposure is not to hurt the unfaithful spouse, but rather to end the fantasy. Your husband's secret second life made his affair possible, and the more you can to to make it public, the easier it is for him to see the damage he's doing. Keeping it secret does damage, but few know about it. Making it public helps everyone, including the unfaithful spouse and lover, see the affair for what it really is.

<snip unrelated>

When I first started recommending openness about an affair, I wasn't sure what would happen. But I did it because I knew it was the right thing to do. Now I know that for most couples it marks the beginning of recovery."

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I want ONE of you to link somewhere on this site where it talks about revealing to everyone around the wayward wife.

I can't find it. I find about revealing the affair itself but nothing about total exposure.

HUH? I posted Dr. Harley's very own words to you in this thread Monc...In GIANT LETTERS I might add...Did you read it?

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Page 10 of 30 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 29 30

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation