Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30
C
C
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Frankly, I agree with catperson and baron. Can you imagine having children with this woman and going through this with 3 little children in tow? Cut your losses and get out while the getting is good. You said yourself she doesn't change her mind and is intent on divorce. Why not take her at her word and just move on?
And I would bet you $100 that the first time you DO say 'fine, I'll see you in court,' she'll whip her head around so fast and beg you to stop you won't even see it. She needs to respect you to love you, and she obviously doesn't. Her parents taught her to feel entitled to use people, so the only ones she'll not use are those she respects - those who stand up to her.

Last edited by catperson; 03/10/09 09:11 AM. Reason: spelling
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Because she's also being crazy? And lying, and cheating? Something she doesn't normally do.

BH me-26
WW -26
married 3 Yrs together 6 yrs
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
J
J
Originally Posted by Mark1952
It's over, she want's a divorce.

Monc, my wife told me she wanted a divorce. She told me there was no way she would give up OM. She told me she hadn't loved me in 20 years, in fact she never really loved me. She told me she married me for the wrong reasons, that she married me too young, before she knew who she was, who I was, what love was...

Silly waywards...

You heard this all too? LOL

Almost word for word from my wifes mouth.

BH: 46
FWW: 44
3 DD: 20,17,11
Married 24 years
PA/EA: 5/08
DDay: 6/08
NC: 8/08
Previous EA 1998 confessed 8/08
In Recovery
M
M
Monc,

At this point there is only one phone call you need to make...

Call a lawyer and get rid of this woman while the gettin' is good.

Mark

M
M
Originally Posted by Monc
Because she's also being crazy? And lying, and cheating? Something she doesn't normally do.

But you told us that she said she was DONE and that she means everything she says, remember?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

B
B

Or it is exactly what she normally does and is who she really is.

It took falling out of love with my exww to see her for who she really was: a drama queen who has no self esteem and who uses medical conditions to draw attention to herself and/or creates the medical drama to draw sympathy and get attention.

I didn't see her that way till I fell out of love with her yet everyone of my friends and family saw that long before I did.

I would give anything to have seen her this way when I was your age and could have bailed on her without having to go through the financial and emotional loss I suffered at her hands years later when she cheated on me with 3 kids in the picture.

You have the opportunity to dump the cheating woman now and start anew with someone who deserves it. NO WOMAN is worth this. NONE.

And waywards threaten legal action without knowing a single thing about the law. You can't make a restraining order or file harassment charges because you make a phone call to someone else about something they don't exactly like.

Call her bluff and tell her to give it her best shot and waste the court's time.

Seriously, you need to start acting like you're 10 foot tall and bullet proof and are sure about what you're doing.

M
M
"It's over, she want's a divorce"

"...I'm not being gullible, but she does do what she say's she's going to do. "

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
G
My WW is getting a restraining order on me now for calling the OM mother.
Sure she is rotflmao

My freind you are absolutly all over the map.
Stop listining to what she, or her supporters say. Start looking at what she is actually doing.

And CALM DOWN!!

Many of those supporters will abandone here after they see more of her actions come to light.

Last edited by Gack1; 03/10/09 10:29 AM.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
My WW's e-mail:

"Please stop doing that, then. You're invading the privacy of my friends now, and that is completely reprehensible. The jilted husband bit is getting old and tired, and you don't get to wave the Victim flag anymore. This is harassment. And if I have to, I will get the police involved. Be careful, now you're bringing down the wrath of his family, too."

After she found out I called her guys Mother. Supposedly I deserve to be scared.

Also, doesn't that seem almost polite?

And should I respond?

Last edited by Monc; 03/10/09 01:44 PM.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
By what method could this turn into a case of harassment in TX?

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
C
C
My WW's e-mail:

"Please stop doing that, then. You're invading the privacy of my friends now, and that is completely reprehensible. The jilted husband bit is getting old and tired, and you don't get to wave the Victim flag anymore. This is harassment. And if I have to, I will get the police involved. Be careful, now you're bringing down the wrath of his family, too."

After she found out I called her guys Mother. Supposedly I deserve to be scared.

Here is what you reply:

W, the man you are having an affair with invaded the privacy of MY marriage. I will not tolerate that offense without responding. I have responded by informing his mother, your family, and our friends of THE TRUTH. Why do you have a problem with me speaking about the truth? Please, I would love to hear why you have a problem with me talking about your actions, if there is nothing wrong with your actions. I'm waiting to hear your answer.

I can wave any flag I want to, as long as you are married to me and having sex with ANOTHER MAN!

You want to call the police? Please go right ahead. Here is their number (XXX-XXXX). I would love to hear what they think when I tell them I am responding to your infidelity.

And you can tell your affair partner that his family is welcome to address me any time they like, and I will be happy to talk to them about how their son, brother, cousin, or nephew is scr&wing the wife of another man.

Have a nice day.

PS: I will be returning to our home tonight. If you try to prevent me, I WILL be bringing the police.

Love,
H

C
C
By what method could this turn into a case of harassment in TX?
It can't. They are blowing smoke because you have them scared, now.

M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Catperson,

I liked that. I sent it to her.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Should I threaten to expand my "exposure"? Or just continue on?

I'm feeling liberated now... Once we divorce I'm not going to have the family anyway. I won't want to see "THEM" standing together ever...it'll just make me sick.

And why would I want a family that protects an affair? Granted...some have been helpful, but not in the way I need.

Last edited by Monc; 03/10/09 02:40 PM.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
T
T
Don't threaten. Just do it. Threatening will simply inform her, and she'll use that information to counter- expose (i.e. make up some story about what a raving lunatic you are so when you expose, that's exactly what you sound like). In fact, she is already informed that you are exposing so do what you need to do quickly. It's the only chance you really have to make a difference.

M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Her friends list encompasses EVERYONE in her life... That would be a big explosion...

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
T
T
Where do you think the term "nuclear exposure" comes from? Explode away!

M
M
Originally Posted by catperson
My WW's e-mail:

Here is what you reply:

W, the man you are having an affair with invaded the privacy of MY marriage. I will not tolerate that offense without responding. I have responded by informing his mother, your family, and our friends of THE TRUTH. Why do you have a problem with me speaking about the truth? Please, I would love to hear why you have a problem with me talking about your actions, if there is nothing wrong with your actions. I'm waiting to hear your answer.

I can wave any flag I want to, as long as you are married to me and having sex with ANOTHER MAN!

You want to call the police? Please go right ahead. Here is their number (XXX-XXXX). I would love to hear what they think when I tell them I am responding to your infidelity.

And you can tell your affair partner that his family is welcome to address me any time they like, and I will be happy to talk to them about how their son, brother, cousin, or nephew is scr&wing the wife of another man.

Have a nice day.

PS: I will be returning to our home tonight. If you try to prevent me, I WILL be bringing the police.

Love,
H

Game..Set... and Match.

Nice one.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
B
B
Once we divorce I'm not going to have the family anyway.

So is plan D and/or FU in motion now?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
P
P
She is making threatening noises because exposure is WORKING. It's causing PROBLEMS over in affair-land. You are not doing anything illegal as long as you are polite and do not continue to expose to a person if THAT person has asked you to stop. (This does not mean your WW asking you to stop.)

I live in Texas and adultery is still on the books, even though it's no longer used as grounds in a divorce. You can still CLAIM it in a divorce petition as it relates to property division and custody.

I just found out it can also be a separate cause of action in a civil suit!

Here's an article about suing your spouse for adultery in Texas (not divorce)

(BTW, this is NEWS to me and I've been in the legal field in Texas for years!) hurray

Last edited by princessmeggy; 03/10/09 03:28 PM. Reason: added more stuff

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 14 of 30 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 29 30

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation