Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Computer Technician/Sys admin.

BH me-26
WW -26
married 3 Yrs together 6 yrs
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
B
B
Former airforce is the past. What do you do now?

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
Originally Posted by Monc
Computer Technician/Sys admin.

Got it.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
C
C
No anxiety. No matter what. And no xanax since Monday?
Is that safe? Are you going to have a huge mood swing? Not smart, if so.

I'm calling her father tonight and telling him that if he believes in my love and my vows he will not challenge my choice and trust in my love.

I do not need to prove anything to anyone because I know what is in my heart and what I'm doing.
Just remember that each time you get pumped up here, and then you talk to HER, you come back her with your tail between your legs. Make sure you're aware of that the next time you talk to her, ok? So it doesn't happen again. The mad needs to happen when you're with HER.

Have you talked to her mom yet? Why not? You could be asking her to help you.

M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Both her mom and dad talked me down...I had to go over the dad to talk to mom and he was pissed. I love him but I had too try and see if mom would help.

I love my wife more than them. So I'll risk losing them to letting her walk away because as it stands...their policy to wait is not working.

My last spurt of courage...I talked to OM's mom.

I'm not backing down anymore.

It's like watching the TV and not liking the channel and not changing it. You get the same crap show unless you get up off your [censored].

Last edited by Monc; 03/12/09 02:54 PM.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
It's a lower end dosage I believe.

I'm taking it again now actually as a precaution. I need to keep calm and not have a panic attack and stop my forward motion no matter how slow or painful.

As far as mood, it doesn't affect that too much. It can make me forgetful and slower thinking, which is a downside to talking to my wife. She's quick on the wit but I'm going to just hold onto anger and not cower.

I'm realizing that there is nothing wrong with anger. I love my wife, I hate the affair.

Last edited by Monc; 03/12/09 03:30 PM.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
K
K
Go Monc, go!
Go Monc, go!

dance2 Keep on this plan of action!

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
A
A
Originally Posted by iam
You're 26...GTF out of the 'marriage'.

Do you want look over your shoulder for the next 50 years?

I'm afraid I have the same reaction... You are young, no kids, she is a cheater - not a promising start. I would seriously consider cutting my losses, and finding someone who understands how funny it is for a cheater to have honesty as a top EN.

AGG

B
B
Monc,

Former AF here as well. Tanker pilot grounded by the emotional he77 his wife dumped on him when returning home from deployment.

Don't worry about being cheesy. Tell yourself whatever you need to do to hold yourself up. I use to talk to myself in the mirror to psyche myself up.

I would also tell myself to "be Mr. Spock" to help me control my emotions.

Do what you need to. This is a crazy time.

Stay strong. Glad to see you're growing a pair.

M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
baron, can I have your e-mail?

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
B
B
Send your request to the mods by clicking on "notify" below and they will send you my email. Tell them to use my email from my "other" username.

C
C
I'm realizing that there is nothing wrong with anger. I love my wife, I hate the affair.
Yay Monc! Yes!

If you really want her, this is the only way to get her back. And either way, you're gaining self-respect. A lot of women are going to find that very sexy.

S
S
Monc,

Navy guy here following your situation. I couldnt agree more with the Baron.

Like you I think I wanted to fix the situation and my WW. Why couldn't she see reality?

Do you play golf? If you do, you know you have to hit down on the ball to make it go up. You let the clubhead do the work.

Same thing here, and just as tough. When you beg or ask for her love and affection and consideration the opposite happens. When you stand firm for yourself and what's right like a rock you respect yourself and gain her respect as well.

You are apparently figuring it out, and I commend you. It will be tough to maintain this frame of mind though if you are like me. I allowed myself for a long time to let my actions and feelings be controlled by her reactions to my actions, and would try to make adjustments rather than continue on the path that was best for me, regardless of her reactions.

Stay on this path of strength. No matter what the ultimate outcome, you will be far better off.

M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Sickwithworry,

How did it fair for you?

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by shinethrough
Monk,

What do you know about OM? The reason I ask is I fear that you don't, at this point, really know what your WW's top EN's are.
But, rest assured, your WW's OM does know. I suspect you are a good man who has been missing the mark for years because you don't really know your WW enough.

You wouldn't be the first or last spouse to do so. That's why A's are so prevelant in M's. Aproaches 55% of all M's. That is a pretty depressing thouht, but it would seem to be true. For the record, I have been M'd 39 years. That's 13 years before you were born. Both of my sons are at least 10 years older than you.
But if I thought that an A would strike my M while we we professing vows to each other, I would have never said "I DO", but rather "HECK NO."

Things can and often do go sour in a M, But it is not an excuse for an A. Excuses are a33holes, everybody's got one.

Having said the above, I question if there is a chance for this M to recover? If your WW would return to the M, what would you do? Would you put her in a glass cage and guard her like the crown jewels? Isn't she responsible to guard you and your M in the same mannor and fashion as you? Ask yourself truly, under the current state of mind that she is in, is she ever going to be capable of doing that in a way that you can be happy and confident of that?

I just wonder sometimes, at such a young age, why you can't see that this decision to marry, may have been a horrible mistake. Im my case, we had been M'd and raised a family for nearly 32 years. We both had a huge stake and investment in our lives dedicated to each other. Doesn't decrease the pain, but, makes R a more plausible solution and desire.

From Dr Harley:
Why do I encourage an apology when the Takers are adamantly opposed to offering them? Because an apology is really in order (they did, in fact, hurt each other), and it also helps settle down the Takers, as long as they both apologize. S.C.'s wife knows that she did the wrong thing when she had an affair. It's her defensive Taker that will not let her apologize. But if she could let her defenses down for one moment and honesty express her Giver's regret for what she had done, it would give S.C. some encouragement.

So Monk, there needs to be something here that Dr David Carder qoutes in his book entitiled "Torn Assunder," called "Godly Sorrow" on the part of the betrayer. Without it, there will never be R. Does this sound even remotely close to what your WW is offering you.

I'm just saying..........
Your choice, in spite of what your wounded heart is telling you......

I do wish you all the best.

All Blessings,
Jerry

No...she isn't offering any apologies for the affair. Zero. She is glad she did it because she supposedly found out how little she really loved me.

I talked with my mom, who I've not talked to since the day I learned of this affair. For some reason I hadn't. She agreed that for such a woman to betray me so badly I probably shouldn't put myself through trying to save it. She'd have divorced immediately.

That exposure, if it would give me closure, should happen then. Whether it is vengeance, justice, or telling the truth she shouldn't get away with this without hurting.

And if I don't expect to see her every again or her family after we divorce I shouldn't concern myself with that worry anyhow.

Busy trying to find an appartment to stay at so exposure got it's own excuse for being put off last night.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Talked to her about that I'm doing everything I can to save this marriage and her first thought was that I was going to call the OM's mother again and she started crying.

Finally some responsibility is creeping in. She said she'll talk after she comes back to SA from Houston. I asked her what she felt when she learned that I called the OM's mother and she paused...along time. First time in a while she was speachless. I don't know what she was feeling but she definetly reacts to this.

She also feels that I'm trying to destroy her life and cause her pain. As I express that what she is doing to me is hurting me a lot she argued that I shouldn't put it on her family too.

Problem. I'm not suppose to threaten her but this seems like my only way to get her to stop moving forward with D.

What I'm going to do is get the Her needs, His needs book and give it to her and say read it.

Exposure to her family will just drive a wedge between our marriage right now. I've not been able to meet enough EN's for her to have a reason to come back once she gets over her anger.

----
Just for you naysayers, I was just about to hit send on my exposure letter. She called and we talked and I told her "I am donig everything I can to save our marriage." And she immediately thought I was talking about telling the OM's mother again.

She is scared [censored] and thinks I'm out to destroy the OM's life and as some of you express that I should have no pitty for him, that is NOT a part of my nature and in this, I must stall on going against my nature.

I told her flat out though that I will not promise not to call the OM's mother ever. And she was desperately pleading that I don't drag him down too.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
M
I must stall on going against my nature.

If it's one thing I've learnt from hanging out on the forums here is that "nature" typically leads us VERY WRONG when it comes to breaking up As and restoring Ms.

Remember this: when it comes to breaking ups As, APPEASEMENT NEVER WORKS.

What you are choosing to do is likely going to cause this damage to your M to go on much longer before the M ends.

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
B
B
Monc,

You're failing to see that exposure is doing exactly what it is intended to do. It is supposed to end the affair.

She cries a little to you and you cave.

She's upset because it's working.

Don't let up. NO, it isn't going to drive a bigger wedge between you guys. How much bigger a wedge can you have when she's openly and unapologetically doing another man?

Carry on with exposure. If she gets upset, you simply repeat what you're doing and that you're "Doing everything you can to end her affair and save your marriage."

Her emotional reaction shows that what you're doing is working.

Don't let up.

M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I was telling her how every time I'm angry she has been out of town or distant from me. That she has no idea what this is putting me through and I'm tired of talking about the R when we could be spending time together constructively fixing things...yet divorce is the way she see's the fix and she also thinks the affair is over since they aren't screwing. Yet, they talk about a future together and such.

She has no clue.

I do. Trying to negotiate a chance to fill some EN's before exposure.

Exposure right now would devistate my chances. I spoke with my mom who is quite a wise lady and she is for exposure but said that at this point it'd simply be punishment.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
M
Monc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Her parents have stayed out of hit...she even saw them the last couple days and they obviously said nothing to her.

BH me-26
WW -26
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 441 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation