Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 298 of 339 1 2 296 297 298 299 300 338 339
K
K

Just thought I'd take a quick visit to Goddessville and see how you are?

pray

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

H
H
Hi Queenie, checking in to say hi and say hope all is well with you and your family.

Keeping busy is always a good thing for us LBS. take care.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Q
OP Offline
Q
pray My prayers are hard and fast for Chai..... pray

Hi everyone,

Yepper doo, for the most part I am behaving myself. Living life. It snowed here yesterday and it is so pretty. I went out shopping last night for 2 1/2 hours at a dollar store for items to the gift baskets that I am making for this week's big classified dinner that I am chairing. My GF and I decided on doing themes, so we have mexican, beauty, movie, candy, books, gardening, sun, etc.

We had so much fun. I think my favorite is going to be the mexican one where we got a blow up sombrero and am going to stuff it with many items.

I love doing this stuff so much.

It occured to me through things that have been said on here that I might be giving the impression that I am really just sitting at home pining for WH to come home. So, to squash that notion I think I should post more about what I do do in my real life so that you are assured that is NOT the case and I am living life to the fullest.

However, let it be clear, I want my M and I am willing to keep walking in FAITH and TRUST G-d that one day he will let me H come home. OK.

So tonight, I am off to my second job, and then tomorrow I am putting the baskets together, and then going to an AA meeting if there is time.

Thursday is the dinner and I have been working on this for a few months now. I have a count of 200 people.

Friday no services so I think I'll pop over to alanon and aa meeting and this weekend. Well, my YS is going to a lacrosse tournament and OS and I are going out to dinner with his GF family to celebrate her and my dinner. Oh, I have a wedding preliminary to do that day as well.

As for Sunday, maybe it will be nice and I can plant the beautiful flowers that I got.

BS 52, FWH 53, Married 1-1-84
D-day 5-14-07, WH moved in with OW
Plan A 9 months, DARK Plan B 3-17-08 until 3-2-09
WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Looking4, if you read this can you please email me at mvlaxmom@yahoo.com?

thanks.

Last edited by QueeniesNewLife; 03/10/09 01:53 PM.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
H
H
No doubt in my mind that you are NOT pining at home for WH.
As always you are a Godess. Need some of it to rub off on me!! wink

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
Q
OP Offline
Q
Hope,

No doubt in my mind that you are NOT pining at home for WH.
As always you are a Godess. Need some of it to rub off on me!!
What's mine is yours.....

You are doing awesome, Hope... Don't underestimate yourself. It took me SO LONG to get to this place and I'm still working on it.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
M
M
Shabbat Shalom, Queenie.

L
L
Queenie

You didnt tell me it was your birthday :twobyfour: I would have got you something when I saw you.
I just wanted to stop by and say how totally awesome it was to meet you, you are every bit as sweet in person as you are on here. I wish we had more time, but I am grateful and blessed for the time we did have.

A belated hug for you

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
M
M
Shabbat Shalom!

Mark

Q
OP Offline
Q
Shabbat Shalom!

Queenie

I've missed you so much everyone.....

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
J
J
Hi Queenie! (JT waving and enjoying a break in the rain/wind)

I've missed you and everyone too!

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

C
C
Hugs to all!!!!

Q
OP Offline
Q
Hi guys,

Well life certainly has been interesting. Work, well let's just say that no one is safe from budget cuts and those who thought they might be, were told they aren't. Scare tactics, maybe. What I know is that I can't worry about it. I'll just take it when it comes.

I made it through the ONE YEAR anniversary of Plan B. Not ONE WORD was spoken to WH since March 17, 08. Nothing short of a G-d given miracle for those who know me. LOL The day passed uneventful other than MB going down like last year. I did receive an email from WH on Tuesday.

Queenie
Question, the taxs for 07 and 08. What, when and where?
Thank you, WH

At first I wondered if this was a slight reaching out, but like last year I had to turn it over to G-d. I can tell you what I wanted to say, but I didn't. I just ignored him.
In fact, not only did I not find this email acceptable, but I found it to be arrogant, and rude.

And I went about my business of living my life away from a selfish man or at the very least someone who isn't ready to come home.

Last night in my boredom I did check out my children's facebook and low and behold WH has updated his facebook. This was surprising to say the least. But I know enough to not make anything out of it.

He put up pictures of himself playing lacrosse the last two years since he left, but then he put up pictures of OS from his senior night lacrosse game and the senior festivities. He took pictures of this, not just pictures of my son on the field, but of ME. He took pictures of OS, carrying the flowers and walking over to me at midfield and giving me a hug, then we walked together to give the coach a hug and he kept taking pictures. 15 or so in all. Then he put the picture of me and OS on as the cover. Other than the fact that you have to choose a picture for the cover, I'm not making much of it.

I'm testing the waters, I put up pictures of family life and him and me together. Whether he sees it or not, I don't know or don't care because I'm doing what I want to do.

So last night, I get a call from my OS around 3:30 am. Remember it wasn't too long ago that my DD called me drunk and wanting me to come and get her. He didn't. he evidently got drunk, got mad and went out and broke his hand or so he thought. He didn't want me to come and get him. So I had his GF, put ice on the top and the bottom of his hand and hold it up above his heart for the flow to reduce the inflammation.

Well, he probably didn't break it, but it is swollen, he is totally hung over and he went to play his lacrosse game. Geez, the men in my life.. His GF and I had a wonderful long talk about him and I realized that this experience was in a way something that he could draw upon and understand how people do insane things and you need to make amends for what you have done. He got so drunk he blacked out. I'm not explaining very well what I'm trying to say, but let's just say I have been in constant prayer for my family and the coming together and healing of us.

I know people think I'm stupid, crazy, deserve better or whatever. What I know is that I am the lighthouse in my family and I'll continue to until the fat lady sings... Remember she is still dressing.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
H
H
Queenie -- No matter what anyone else says, you are the HEART of your family. Period. That's the role of us wives and mothers. And WH was suppose to be the HEAD of the family. He, like all WHs, dropped the ball.

So keep doing what you can to be both the heart and the head of your family. Your kids appreciate you and the sacrifices you make for them.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
H
H
Queenie, love the analogy of being the lighthouse. You are the beacon in the troubled waters. You shine the true light that they will follow home. No one could ever fault you for that.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Q
OP Offline
Q
You know Holy, I'm not making sacrifices. I'm doing what I believe is G-ds will for me today.

Hope, the lighthouse is actually an analogy that Ark wrote about and I read and it just helped me for so long to maintain my sanity.

I strived to become a Proverbs 31 woman. Though I still have much to learn, I have worked very hard to become someone I am very proud of. I like Queenie. I have learned to love her in a way I didn't think possible. I take care of my person because I am a child of G-d. I'm no one special. But like every one of us are unique. I continue to learn about what I like and what is ok in my life and what isn't.

And I continue to be stewards of the children G-d entrusted with me and my husband. They certainly have their journeys, and it's hard to watch, but I can also keep my sense of humor about the situations and one day....

But today... I am sober, I am grateful and I am very blessed, because G-d allows it to be.

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
C
C
YOU my friend, are a wonderful, beautiful, and caring person. Your kids are very lucky to have you.

Remember, concentrate on you. No more looking at Facebook. Don't read anything into the cover picture because he is still in a fog. He's struggling right now. Back off and let God take care of it. You know that he will.....

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
P
P
I'm testing the waters, I put up pictures of family life and him and me together. Whether he sees it or not, I don't know or don't care because I'm doing what I want to do.

What's up bump.

So what's up Queenie? Your thread dropped to the second page.

The quote and your thread dropping off has me wondering...

Queenie? You there?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Q
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by princessmeggy

What's up bump.

So what's up Queenie? Your thread dropped to the second page.

The quote and your thread dropping off has me wondering...

Aside from a few family photos of life... I have been VERY GOOD.. VERY GODDESS... Doing the mommy thing and behaving myself.

lashes

Queenie? You there?

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Q
OP Offline
Q
Wow you can't make any mistakes around here.

LOL

WH and OW broke up 1-09
Started over 7-09
Page 298 of 339 1 2 296 297 298 299 300 338 339

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation