Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33
V
V
I'm so glad your weekend has been a good one.

You couldn't save one of one of those deliciously smooth and orgasmic truffles for me ??? grin

My H and I have decided that an MB weekend will be a wedding gift when our kids get married. smile

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

D
OP Offline
D
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh my sides(?).

You are SO bad.

Love you, I really do!

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08
D Days continued for a while.

Started real recovery 07/15/10
D
OP Offline
D
Sorry Vittoria but not this time. I am being very selfish grin

Now that is a great gift! We will have to consider that too. It is truly a wonderful weekend. The program is just amazing and the people, well the Harley's are the best.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08

T
T
I was wondering how the MB weekend went. It looks like it went extremely well.

I think your decision and approach is a wise one. GM is working the program as if his next breath depended on it - good!! IF he has a true and lasting change of heart that would be the best for all concerned - GM, you, your children, grandchildren....

And if this is a monster ruse, you can always leave later, knowing you did *everything* possible to make it work.

And Pepperband - oh, my!!

M
M
Originally Posted by sadsosad
BTW, I spent hours last night having the most enjoyable and therapeutic conversation with two other MBers, especially the wife. I don't know if they said they were coming so I will not say who, they can if they want. She and I went up to the room and laid it out, laughed and cried and told our stories.

smile smile

I always love it when someone is going to BE OK. Not only did you get to a MB weekend, but you got to meet such a wonderful MB couple. They will all be such a blessing to you and GM. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{sadsosad}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you Turtlehead.

I really see no ruse here but then I never truly believed the ruse I saw before and look what happened!

Going very slowly and wisely I hope.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08

D
OP Offline
D
MelodyLane thank you.

They are a blessing to us and yes, they are wonderful. She had helped me quite a bit before and last night meant more to me than I can say. Even the sad topic could not stop me from being terribly happy to have met them and to get to know them a little. You were so integral in her ability to cope and move forward, she speaks very highly of you.

Does this make me something like a grandaughter (lol I am probably much older than you) or a third cousin or something? Your advice passed on and on forever smile

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08

S
S
BTW, I spent hours last night having the most enjoyable and therapeutic conversation with two other MBers, especially the wife. I don't know if they said they were coming so I will not say who, they can if they want. She and I went up to the room and laid it out, laughed and cried and told our stories.

It was therapeutic for me, too...another cleansing of the soul.

Well, sss, my cold/virus/whatever kicked in last night. I am in bed this morning--couldn't even make it to co-op. But my sweet little one is happy to be home cuddling with me instead of at co-op.

I am grateful I didn't feel this badly at the Weekend. It was such a pleasure to talk face-to-face with you. I know tst feels the same way about his conversation with GM. We were blessed to pass on some hope from our journey to yours.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

S
S
sss and smb-
i just wanted to chime in here - that i was also so happy to meet you two at the weekend. i was only sad that our flight left so soon and we could not spend more time with you both.

sss- GM seems so true to changing and working the program- and despite the hurt that you and i shared there- we have men who want to change and we have HOPE for a new life with them. although i agree with you that it is soooo hard to move on from multiple affairs of many years- i think the more growth that our Hs show us-
the more change they show us
the more caring and protection they show us
the more thoughtfulness they show us
the more meeting of our ENs they show us
the more we can move out of the darkness and into the light with them by our sides.

your H and mine seem to be on the way.

as dr. harley said - its a long journey - but the difference is now that we have the support of dr. harley and our weekend coordinator there, besides all the wonderful people here - on these boards.

so glad we can be on this journey together.

sf

BS- me 56; FWH-58
3 kids, DS 23,23 DD 14; Married: 34 years
D-Days: 7/11/07;/7/13/07;7/31/07
Unbelievably recovering- but in an up and down way.
S
S
smb-
just wanted to add - your posts and tst's posts have changed my life and my H's life. you are both so "dead on" with knowing where the direction is that we needed to go.

i cant thank you enough for your encouragement and support. i know that i am still at the very beginning of change and recovery- but at least now i see a path. you are two amazing people.
sf

sss- sorry - i didnt want to TJ - but just needed to add.

BS- me 56; FWH-58
3 kids, DS 23,23 DD 14; Married: 34 years
D-Days: 7/11/07;/7/13/07;7/31/07
Unbelievably recovering- but in an up and down way.
F
F
Originally Posted by Pepperband
PS - I am so pleased for both of you.
I know I am not GM's favorite MB'er (I pushed him HARD and with gusto more than once)- but I am praying your marriage becomes the biggest testament to the MB methods - EVER!
AMEN! BTW, pep you will be THE most important memory from this board for GM simply because did push him hard.

sss, so happy for you!!!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
D
OP Offline
D
Thank you FF!

We just got home after a rollercoaster landing in Kansas City. Wind is blowing about 60 miles and hour and super cells are moving in so I will lose my connection.

I just wanted to thank everyone and tell SMB and SF how much I also enjoyed meeting and talking to them.

This truly is the best website forum, website and program. I don't think there is any better chance for us than to work this.

Think I better bring in the critters now.

Auntie Em! Auntie Em! :MrEEk:

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08

B
B
Run, Dorothy, run................

Glad things are going so well. I'm praying for you and GM, and feeling really hopeful.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by believer
Run, Dorothy, run................

Glad things are going so well. I'm praying for you and GM, and feeling really hopeful.

grin

So far so good. We seem to be in the storm gap.

Thanks believer. That means so much to both of us. We both know how difficult this will be. The funny thing is, we have most of the elements of a great marriage in place but the few things we have lacked are HUGE! I think it mainly will hinge on if I can heal or not and learn to live with this. It seems like a death. You never get over it but you learn to live with it. GM is working and studying and I know he can do this. When he makes up his mind he always gives it his all and never backs down. I am impressed with the effort and also the remorse because the farther we go with this the more he seems to suffer it and the harder he works. Your constant support has been very important. Thank you for that.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08

N
N
Sadsosad, I can't think of any other way to put this--I am so afraid for you. Every post of Green Mile's reveals more and more of the tin foil hat he wears (it's shaped a little like Napoleon's, lol).

What ever happened to the scheduled (?) polygraph he was supposed to go through before his One-Week Extreme Personality Makeover?

I do apologize. You are probably tired of my suspicions. But once I was in same boat--everyone telling me my SO was a liar and a philanderer. My believing it and NOT believing it at the same time. Defying reality to believe that the impossible was possible.

It wasn't.

P
P
Originally Posted by Nanowritersix
What ever happened to the scheduled (?) polygraph

A very good question

B
B
SSS, your husband seems like, well....a very good actor. Sure he might feel bad, cry, etc. But where is the true change in his heart?

I do not know why I just cannot BUY his stuff. It just does not add up. It is sickly sweet like he is "being a good actor" out of desparation. We all know he is not that sweet a person given all that he did to you and the criminal acts he committed with those prostitutes.

Seems like a good con game he is playing to me, all,to keep you around..... for some reason of his own.

D
OP Offline
D
Please please please

Not now. I can't take anymore right now. I am getting killed with Openness and Honesty right now and it hurts so much, so much.

Please, not now. I will get back later.

BW-me-56
FWH-GreenMile-62
Married 1982
2 wonderful grown sons

D Day #1 4/1985
D Day #2 10/03/08

F
F
Please please please

Not now. I can't take anymore right now. I am getting killed with Openness and Honesty right now and it hurts so much, so much.

Please, not now. I will get back later.
Big (((((((((sss)))))))))))))) hugs my dear.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
B
B
SSS - I just read GM's post and am quite optimistic! If you get a chance between all of the turmoil and your time dancing with goats, see if you can look into a 12-Step program for YOU. Even though you are not the addict, it will help you like nothing else.

Page 24 of 33 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 32 33

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
3 members (anchorwatch, bb1471, 1 invisible), 654 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation