Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2232507 03/23/09 12:12 PM
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hello everyone,

After years of one false recovery after another I am finaly here. Should have been a long time ago I guess.

I have no idea what to look forward to at this point, my lawyer will have my D paperwork done this week, then my WW gets served.

A little scared as to what her reaction may be.

I don't know if you guys want to hear my story again or not, if you do I will tell, if not thanks for letting me in.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
"Don't say sorry, just don't do it again"
L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Reading all the posts here it makes me understand how much more I need to move on with my life.

Our seperation took place in December of 04, I did a bang up plan A, a bad plan B, and now on to plan D.

I am reading about so much pain, confusion and the inability to understand.

My WW is still in a fog, of that I'm sure, the problem is and I think with some others here, we let the fog of our WS's envelope us at times.

I have spent nearly five years trying to fight for my M and my family.

the sad part is I have been aware of her lies for many years but I have chosen to ignore in the hopes of recovery.

At the end of the day I have my family, my two DD's, the cats the fish, we just don't have her.

At some point we need to stand up and carry on, if our WS's want to come along for the ride in an honest open recovery, by all means, otherwise, get off the rollarcoaster.

just my thought

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D
C
C
Sometimes you are doing the WS the biggest favor of all by moving on. Taking away her support network. Forcing her to grow up.

I just read a fascinating little book by a woman who had a bad childhood, moved to another city and had 5 more years of h&ll there, but refused to complain about it. She called those years the best years because she survived it and became a very strong, capable woman. Oh, and because she did it only with God's help. What an attitude!

I truly believe hardship is sometimes our best friend.

L
Lie2me Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I think you have a good point, moving on is the best I can do for myself and my kids, and at the same time the best for the ww.

She no longer has the support from me, and as it turns out she has other men to take care of her needs.

That in itself can help me wash my hands of the matter.

Me BS (41)
DD 10
DD 8
WW - The big D

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation