Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29
S
OP Offline
S
I am very disguised...Friday morning YS woke up with a temp...102.7...I HAD to be at work for the Audit that we are going through and YS needed to go to the dr.

I called XH and asked if he could come get YS and bring him...he did and when I saw him I told him the only appt I could get was a 2:15...well, I got some cr@p because that was going to interfere with his camping trip that he was leaving to go on with the boys at 4pm...OW was going along too...he was complaining that he would be in the dr. office all day...I even gave him YS's ins. card so he could get his meds. where ever was most convenient for him...asked where we was living...

And that got him rolling his eyes...but he admitted to living in his camper in front of the civic center...I asked because from time to time I check for child sex offenders and there was two living on the street that he was living on...

Anyway, he brought him to the dr., dr. gave YS a script for antibiotics...XH was suppose to go get it this weekend, but didn't have the time, handed me the script last nite, and said that YS wasn't running a fever all weekend!

When YS got here he was coughing his head off so bad that it was choking himself...XH said that just started...OMG! I wanted to kill him...The child was in need of a breathing treatment because everything that was in his head had transferred to his chest....

Come to find out XH gave YS some pepto for his stomach this weekend...the child was coughing so hard he was spitting up stuff...and he ended up spitting up the pepto...

A friend of mine called me right after the boys got home and offered to go get YS's meds for me...I was thankful, I got YS a breathing treatment, bath, and he didn't want to eat...he slept in my bed...and appears to be doing well enough this morning that I'm sending him to school...cough is under control and he's had no temp through the night...

THIS IS NEGLECT! and it's not the first time...I'm going to talk to my lawyer about reducing visitation...I was reading over some of my documentation last nite and in 07 he overdosed YS...there's plenty of documentation about missed meds...or XH letting them do something that puts them in danger...4 wheeler accidents, dropping them off unsupervised, etc...

I've got to try...

SO, I'm going to talk to my lawyer about it today...

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
C
C
Grrrr.

I would seek a change, too.

You do NOT ignore a doctor's prescription for antibiotics. He could have died! Extreme, I know, but I know someone who died because they ignored a prescription for antibiotics, got pneumonia, and then it was too late!

S
OP Offline
S
Hi, cat! I stopped by my lawyer's office this morning and talked to the para, a friend of mine! While I was there I spoke briefly to my lawyer who was pulling on his tie in the parking lot...

I really like this one...anyway, the para said that this could be grounds for supervised visitation along with all of the documentation that I have...so I AM pushing the issue...

YS is still not feeling well, coughing pretty bad...MOF, we just got back from the store to get an old scrip filled for his breathing machine...if he's not doing better tomorrow then I'll bring him to the dr. myself...his cough is still tight and that concerns me...

XH is really making momma bears claws come out not taking care of these babies!

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
HI everyone! I have been having SOOOOO much trouble logging in since the changes. I have no idea what is up with that!

Well, things are going well here! YS is doing much better since I got his script filled, getting him the breathing treatment, etc. I was concerned that I was going to have to bring him back to the doctor but he pulled through; slept with me three night!

NOW, OS has the same stuff...

I called XH Tuesday night asking if I could keep the kids this weekend claiming that there was something that I wanted to bring them too and he wanted to know if I could keep them the following weekend too. SURE NO PROBLEM!!! There's something that he wants to go to.

XH said that because of Easter that he would end up having them every weekend in the month in addition to the holidays!

He still doesn't have a job but said something about putting a resume together and if he got this one than he would have to go to Houston for a week for training. :lets see lost job middle of Dec., we're almost in April, hummmmm:

The kids and I are doing well aside from them being sick! I may end up bring OS with me to work tomorrow being that I have to be there because of this audit that we are going through...besides he can help me out and I'll pay him for it! Maybe even get HIM a massage when I get mine...my students are low on bodies so I'm sure that they won't mine.

Nothing major to report, home front's quiet...XH still goes around the street but I refuse to let that bother me...no point and it's a waste of energy...

Dating has not been going well...and I'm going to take a break...I was talking to someone that I was slowly starting to warm up too for about a month and he was nice enough to recently inform me that he didn't see it going to the next level because my kids are mixed and his family would not approve of it...but that he wanted to let me know so I could make my own decisions since we clicked so well...

SORRY BUDDY there's only one decision...I will not settle and we're a packaged deal...why should I continue to hang around and know that it's a waste of my time...set myself up for heartache...wishing he would change his mind...nope, I spent a lot of time wishing and hoping things would change in my M, not going that route again...

INSTANT plan B, NC...wasn't hard for me at all...I didn't get it but in a sense I do...thing is I told him up front and he waited this long...Hmmmmm...just glad I'm a smart momma and protect my kids from my dating life...

Oh well...wrote off...besides if I'm going to ask for a change in custody, reduction in XH's visitation my life has to be clean...I don't know if I stand a chance but I can ask...I haven't gotten to talk to my lawyer about it really except for in passing...

OHHHHH, OS's teacher emailed me today and she was granted approval to move to the 6th grade and she would love to have him in her class next year to make sure that he continues on the right track. I'm excited to see how that turns out, especially since he wants to be in she class and works for her. HURRAY, God works in mysterious ways!

Thomas Carlyle
J
J
OS's teacher emailed me today and she was granted approval to move to the 6th grade and she would love to have him in her class next year to make sure that he continues on the right track.

That's awesome news! hurray

Sorry about your kids being sick. That's never fun,especially when XH is such a knucklehead about his own kids and makes it worse.

Things are busy here-spring break is just around the corner, YS turns 17 tomorrow (wait, he was just in kindergarten wasn't he?) and it finally got up to over 50 degrees today.

Woo-hoo.

johnstwin-

"I may not know what the future holds, but I know who holds my future." -Martin Luther

Remarried my FXH 25 years to the day of our first M. God is so good-and sometimes so unexpected!

S
OP Offline
S
HI JT! School was canceled today because of flooding in the parish from the WONDERFUL storm that came through...OS slept in the bed with me and about midnight, the wind and hail picked up pretty bad, so I went get YS and put him in the bed with us also. Needless to say I didn't sleep very well at all and NOW, I HAVE WHAT THEY HAD/HAVE!

Not fun...MOF, I going to lay down in a few minutes...we're suppose to have more of the same weather tonight. OS is doing better and I started with the meds too...YUCK!

Glad to hear that the weather up there is warming up and things are going well there too! I hope I can look back soon and say WOW wasn't he just in pre-K? LOL...Shot they'll be 11 and 7 in a few more months...

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
HI all, I'm headed to bed in a minute...but I figured I would write a little update...all in well aside from the kids and I getting over the yuckies...

And Friday, a week ago, a guy I was talking to for about a month announces to me that he doesn't see it going to the next level because my kids are mixed and his family wouldn't accept it...I get it and I don't...I get it because it's a trigger for him and I gave up alot to be with XH...his W cheated on him with a black guy but I don't because they are KIDS for Christ sake...

Anyway, that was the last conversation I had with him... I said I needed to process what he told me and haven't contacted him again...kind of sounded like cake eating to me...you know "You can stick around because we get along SOOO great BUT I can't see it going to the next level because my family wouldn't accept your kids because of what my XW did!"

THERE'S a waste of time for you...

I told him up front that the boys were interracial, date 1, and he waited three more weeks to tell me this...I know I made the right choice...I would never pick some guy over my kids...

I don't know...I just had to mention it...I've been a little melancholy about that, dating, and such of late...of all reasons that's pretty shallow in my POV...

Aside from that, work's in full swing with the audit, vision therapy is still going well for OS, and all else is quite...I have the boys again this weekend...hopefully our health will continue improve to enjoy the outdoors and the weather will remain great...

Good night...

Thomas Carlyle
B
B
Your kids aren't interacial. Crazy in Pineville told me YOU were black!! I guess she never saw a little bine before rotflmao

I remember that night we all hung out at dowtown after 5. Some guy walked up to me and said, "Those are some cute kids you got there". I said, "Yeah, they take after their mother" rotflmao

I know, if I was anybody else, you would've killed me a long time ago :twobyfour:

Spring is here, the yukies are almost gone, the audit will be done soon, crawfish are under $2 a pound. Lots to be thankful for Rin! grin

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
K
K
I know some worse people on the race issue.

My family.

They are so racist they have said:

1. If I date a black man they will disown me
2. The bible verse saying "be not yoked together with unbelievers" means that whites and blacks should not be together in marriage or have children together (even if they are Christians too)

Be thankful that he's out of your life...and was only in there a short time.

:crosseyedcrazy: I've had to deal with MY family my whole life, and they're about to drive me crazy.

I apologize muchly for the threadjack.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
OP Offline
S
Yep, you're still awesome even when I haven't talked to you in awhile! smile

CRAZY :crosseyedcrazy: THOUGHT I WAS BLACK, OMG!!!! faint rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao A long way from it huh, BC?

Just cause I have SUM pigment! :MrEEk: WOW! What does she think Native Americans are? We're ALL a bunch of mutts! grin

"Those are some cute kids you got there".

NOW THAT'S WHAT I USUALLY GET followed by they have an awesome completion...I mean personally I WISH I had that beautiful golden chicken fried color that they do...I work hard on having a great tan and they have it naturally!

He's just a jerk and that's why I didn't contact him after that conversation...I think I made me point...

BC, rotflmao YOU do MAKE some beautiful kids though! rotflmao

I had to bring YS to the Doctor again today...still couldn't clear it up. He was getting better until last night, then he started with the tight cough again. I gave him his meds and sent him to school, called the dr. for an appt and ended up getting a call from school that he wasn't doing well about 1. Mother's intuition, so he's on scripts again and out of school the next two days to be on the safe side. Breathing treatment around the clock for the next 24 to 48 hours.

I brought him to work with me, gave him a breathing treatment then, went to the dr., dropped off his scripts, and back to work for another treatment before we left to go get OS. YS wanted to come to work with me tomorrow and I was like "OH NO BUDDY, YOU'RE GOING TO THE SITTER'S!"

If I play my cards right he'll be better by Friday nite because even though I DISLIKE wrestling some friends have tickets to go see TNA and I got tickets for us to go. I figured that they would like it and it's something that I've never seen before, so I will be able to say that I've done that once.

BC, I KNOW that I have alot going for me right now...like I was telling someone a little earlier wink ...it's dealing with that lonely feeling and having all of this on my plate right now...NOT REALLY THAT DIFFERENT than being M'ed to XH, really...if I did it then, I can certainly do it now...

Karma, it always amazes me the way people twist the Bible to fit what "THEY" want it to say! wink No TJ! I appreciate you sharing...I was disowned in a way which I could but couldn't understand...my SD's grandfather was head of the KKK in his county, so that was the way my SD was raised. I didn't fault him for his thinking, it certainly was a shame, but he came around and loves the kids to death now...all I have to do is call him and say I need this for the kids and he's there...

I'm not one to do that but it's there if I need it...People can change, thing is I wasn't going to stick around hoping and wishing that "this guy" did...UNACCEPTABLE...

I already know that it's going to take one HELLOFAMAN to step up to the plate for me and the boys...if I end up raising them on my own, then it's to my benefit in their eyes anyway...I'll earn more respect from them in the long run and that will be good enough for me...it's all about them!

Thomas Carlyle
K
K
How do you get past the racism, though? I'm sure more than one person has said something...

How do you respond when attacked?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
OP Offline
S
TBH, I've never had a problem with it outside of my SD and my grandma for a little bit until my SM said something to her about marrying outside of her race. My SM said something about "My grandma married "that little Indian boy," from that point on my grandma never said another word.

My grandma, in my eyes, also played a large part in me accepting people...she drove a school bus for a nursery of primarily black kids when I was growing up...I played, ate, slept, drank, and went on field trips with all of the kids...in my eyes they were no different than I was...besides, I'm not "white"...only half...and not even then if my family wanted to be honest about their heritage...

About 13 yrs ago, I was sitting in a restaurant with XH's family and an older black waitress refused to serve me, not outright, but I would ask her for something and she would ignore me. She would serve everyone else around me, and I mentioned it to XH. Well, he noticed and said something to her about it, from that point on, she was fine. She didn't want him complaining to the manager.

I guess that's what really bothered me about "this" guy. I was a little shocked, well, more than a little, because we have always been accepted everywhere we went. We never had any problems making friends or anything.

For people who choice to be close minded, I open my mouth, voice my opinion, and agree to disagree...I have a right to be happy just the same that they do and THEY don't have to like it...it was hard been apart from my mother and SD all those years...but I can't say that it was for the best or the worst...it just was...what I can say is that it served it's purpose and we are ALL better people because of it...

I have had several talks with my mom about how I feel that color SHOULD not be an issue, the ISSUE SHOULD be about WHO TREATS me the way I deserve to be treated...

I bring it up from time to time, just in case the situation arises again and I find myself dating someone who is "not white"...just as you would teach a child right and wrong, sometimes you have to teach adults too...thing is when those adults love you and accept you for who you really or and not what they want you to be...they accept the situation too...

Acceptance is the key...and awareness the answer...ignorance is NOT an excuse...this is my life and I can't live my life for anyone else...

I do the same thing with my boys about drugs and alcohol...from time to time, I bring up the subject...we talk it out, address any questions, and walk away with more awareness...I'm aware of their thinking, they are aware of my thinking, and we have all gained a better understanding...the WHOLE point to SHARING!

For other people who are more hardcore...like Bug's mom said: you can't change STUPID! Just like this "guy"...I can't change "his wall" and it's not my job to do it...how do you deal with ignorance...you walk away, head hailed high...just like Rosa Parks did that day she decided to sit in the front of the bus...it wasn't about her...it was about them...she wasn't wrong...their thinking was...

The voice of one...helped change millions...

wink Nite!

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
Oh BTW, my mom's not going to say anything because she married "that little Indian boy too!" wink LOL...

Mom is my lobbyist, prepare her and she prepares SD...if and when the time comes...

You have to know where your bread is buttered and mom's always been the peace keeper...

smile

Thomas Carlyle
B
B
1 little 2 little 3 little Indians rotflmao

Just in case anybody was feeling sorry for POWS, I saw this just now on Houmatoday.com "Houma still has nation's lowest unemployment" rotflmao

BS 33 EXWW 35 DS 5
OM1 9/06 - 03/07
OM2 04/07 - present
Divorced May 8, 2008
S
OP Offline
S
rotflmao

HA! I saw that article in the newspaper yesterday! rotflmao

Amazing huh? faint

puke

I plead the 5th! smile

Thomas Carlyle
S
OP Offline
S
HI All...I figured I would give a little update in my world...All is pretty good the kids are with POWS this week...I'm giving extra time so that the boys can spend some time with their grandparents...So I'll get them back next weekend...

I'm seeing someone BTW..."J"...I'm really enjoying my time with him and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes...You know I don't post about this kind of thing...we'll be in Gulf Shores next weekend at a friend of ours beach house...

In the world of the courts, I'm still waiting on MAy 27th to come around...things have been pretty quiet of the home front in that department...things have been pretty quiet all the way around TBH...

To my knowledge, POWS still doesn't have a job and I'm still supporting the kids on my own...I'm still cool with that...I mean it is what it is and we will see how things go in court...

Happy Easter everyone! Hope you are enjoying your friends and family today!

Thomas Carlyle
C
C
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you have a good game plan. Good for you!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Cat! Good to see you around here! I'm just not spending a whole lot of time on the boards these days.

Hi everyone!
I don't really have anything significant to say and most of the vets in my time are scattered to the wind only dropping in from time to time...I imagine when court comes around that I will be posting alot more but all is serene in my life...

I'm eating up all the attention and care that I'm getting from "J"...It's amazing how when your ENs are actually being meet how happy a person can be...I've dated alot of guys but no one has suck or made suck an impression as he has...I laugh ALL the time and we talk for HOURS...I can't even complain about the lack of sleep that I have been getting...

It's not an extreme high like I have had with OP that I have met...or sometimes an extreme low...no wondering or any fears about where it is headed but we have both agreed to see only each other...it's really funny because he's not the typical type of guy that I go far but I was in the process of branching out to begin when...he's actually a co-worker's roommate who I met more than 6 months ago I guess...we must have been in different places at the time...I expressed that I thought he was cute but that was about as far as I went and the we saw each other again and it's been pretty non-stop...I have no concerned and can see having a future with him...not rushing anything...

BUT It's amazing how well he treats me...I have had moments when I have wanted to express the "ILY" but have let them pass...I have no had one red flag pop up and nothing that would say "NO, I can't live with this"...

If we're sitting on the sofa together him reading and me on the cpu, he will just reach over and kiss my forehead...it's really cool...

We've shared stuff about our past and he doesn't say anything...just listens...

Well, let me get out of here...I'm here...we're going out with some of his friends tonight...momma has to play while the boys are away because real life will be crashing in soon...I mean that because I have got to spend so much time with him this week...I, lol, will be in withdrawals when he has to go back to work...I'm being spoiled and love it...

Thomas Carlyle
B
B
Rin,

You DESERVE to be spoiled. Enjoy.

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
W
W
Good for you, Rin! Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

If we're sitting on the sofa together him reading and me on the cpu, he will just reach over and kiss my forehead...it's really cool...

Take note, boys.

I think a couple of us have mentioned how sweet this kind and simple gesture feels. I know for me - it is a HUGE lovebank deposit.

Grand gestures are nice, sweet simple hearfelt gestures can mean so much more.

You deserve it, Rin. Best of luck to you.

Fox

Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 479 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation