Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
M
Shhhhhh.....do you hear that?

LISTEN

Last edited by MutedSparkle; 03/31/09 10:25 PM.
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
Shhhhhh.....do you hear that?

LISTEN

girlfriend, this is not your day!! rotflmao dat link is broken like your powers of observation!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
G
ok well I guess I just disagree with the definition of flirting. I don't think that it ALWAYS has something to do with sex. Just that it might be some sweet talk, with out intent. With out any hidden meanings just being flirtatious by being very nice. I don't see how all situations are exactly the same. I know that a lot of situations start the same, but not all of them end the same. It started out as a generalized thread, and I wanted to make the point that not every flirtatious event ends with sex. And married or not flirting doesn't make a person a skank. Now if a married person is propositioning sex or is propositioned for sex then that's a different story, but you can't put all flirting events with that same situation.

MY POINT IS IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A STATEMENT LIKE THE ORIGINAL POST ON THIS THREAD, BE SPECIFIC. DON'T GENERALIZE IF YOU ARE GOING TO THROW INSULTS IN THE MIX. OTHERWISE ITS GOING TO MAKE YOU A HYPOCRITE.

That was not to insult anyone, just hoping to make some people understand what they themselves post. Be aware. And that's just my opinion.

M
M
Oh for pete's sakes..... faint

Totally not my day!!! stickout

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by GoddessLacey
MY POINT IS IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE A STATEMENT LIKE THE ORIGINAL POST ON THIS THREAD, BE SPECIFIC. DON'T GENERALIZE IF YOU ARE GOING TO THROW INSULTS IN THE MIX. OTHERWISE ITS GOING TO MAKE YOU A HYPOCRITE.

Maybe a glass of wine and a hot bath would be in order? smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by MutedSparkle
Oh for pete's sakes..... faint

Totally not my day!!! stickout

success!! hurray

rotflmao

Exposure 101

G
G
well ML that would be lovely and soon I will have to jump in the shower and go to bed, but do you understand my point? There are so many people that are willing to jump to conclusions and sling words around with out thinking. And there are some situations that are not the same as others. Not everyone is willing to sleep with every one they meet. Just because of what happens with some, doesn't mean its going to happen with others. And that is all that I can say about that, I can't change anyone's mind. I just hope that some are willing to open theirs.

M
OP Offline
M
Enjoy your shower, GL! smile No, I don't get your point, but I suspect your confusion stems from an inability to understand the difference between flirting and just plain friendliness. I think if you focused more on telling the difference it wouldn't be so upsetting to you.

Exposure 101

S
S
GL.
This reply in another thread, tells me volumns:

say be true to your self. Make sure that you both are in love before you go back to her. Your children may be upset and angry, but they will eventually understand. I have been told that I should not worry about what I want so that my son can have both of his parents. To sacrifice for my child. I think that I'd rather make sure that my son sees how happy I am instead of sees me pretending to be happy. I don't want my son to think that marriage is about only tolerating each other instead of love. My mother who has been married 3 times and is still miserable told me that sometimes that is what marriage is all about, tolerance. Well I'm a true romantic and believe that if you don't love your spouse then you shouldn't be married. But that's just me.

The above gives me a better understanding of your failure to protect your weakness. This is a DJ, but, if this keeps up, you are bound to be just another stat here on MB. If that happens, and it looks to be leading that way, I'm sure we will never hear from yor again. Just wish I or someone could open your eyes before that actually takes place. You are RIPE for an A and some predator out there is going to recognize this immediately(cause ther so good at doing that) and voila.

Another person who believed they could not enter into an A, becomes the VICTOM that Mel is referring to.

Good luck,

All Blessings,
Jerry

V
V
Originally Posted by GoddessLacey
I feel quite opposite than you. Why should you feel dirty if someone is hitting on you? What did you do wrong? But that's just me.
Because if some guy hits on me, he must think that I am attractive, if he thinks I'm attractive he must be thinking a sexual thought, if he sees my wedding band and still hits on me he must think that I'm loose.
I'm very uncomfortable with another man other than my H thinking any sexual thought about me. Does that just make sense to me?

If I get hit on by someone, like a couple of days ago I was out with my son and some random guy in my complex said that he see's me out with my boy every day. And then he said he likes my tattoo which is on my lower back by my hip, which is usually covered by my shirt, but sometimes my shirt comes up and you can see it. And how does a compliment on my tattoo make me the bad guy? I told the guy thank you and nice to meet you and kept walking.
That is a compliment GL, what you write if this is all there is to it, is not flirting.

But let's say the conversation went like this ..... let's see if you see the difference.
Guy " Nice tattoo, I really like that "
GL " Thanks "
Guy " You got any more that I can't see " in an obvious sensual tone. At this point GL, how would you be feeling?
GL ... how would you respond ?

GL, I doubt that you will believe anything that us old folks are saying, I know this because I was your age once and thought that flirting was harmless. If you don't see a difference, try to have an open mind and see where this could lead.

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

D
D
Because if some guy hits on me, he must think that I am attractive, if he thinks I'm attractive he must be thinking a sexual thought, if he sees my wedding band and still hits on me he must think that I'm loose.

Yeah? That's HIS problem.

I'm very uncomfortable with another man other than my H thinking any sexual thought about me.

Then DON'T go out in public! Men are everywhere!!

What is the time frame? Every 8 seconds a man thinks about sex?

Charlotte

D
D
Originally Posted by shinethrough
GL.
This reply in another thread, tells me volumns:

say be true to your self. Make sure that you both are in love before you go back to her. Your children may be upset and angry, but they will eventually understand. I have been told that I should not worry about what I want so that my son can have both of his parents. To sacrifice for my child. I think that I'd rather make sure that my son sees how happy I am instead of sees me pretending to be happy. I don't want my son to think that marriage is about only tolerating each other instead of love. My mother who has been married 3 times and is still miserable told me that sometimes that is what marriage is all about, tolerance. Well I'm a true romantic and believe that if you don't love your spouse then you shouldn't be married. But that's just me.

The above gives me a better understanding of your failure to protect your weakness. This is a DJ, but, if this keeps up, you are bound to be just another stat here on MB. If that happens, and it looks to be leading that way, I'm sure we will never hear from yor again. Just wish I or someone could open your eyes before that actually takes place. You are RIPE for an A and some predator out there is going to recognize this immediately(cause ther so good at doing that) and voila.

Another person who believed they could not enter into an A, becomes the VICTOM that Mel is referring to.

Good luck,

All Blessings,
Jerry

Lacey is not going to have an affair with anyone. And she DOES protect her boundaries, I know this for a fact.

Charlotte

M
OP Offline
M
bump

Exposure 101

K
K
We need the "you're different" letter on this thread too, anyone got a link?

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
B
B
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Yes, but the link is broke.

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Blended Family with 7 kids between us
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

E
E
Originally Posted by BrainHurts

Brainy, there is an extra "http//" in the links. Take that out and it will work. I can't do it from my phone.

B
B
Originally Posted by Rocketqueen

Brainy, there is an extra "http//" in the links. Take that out and it will work. I can't do it from my phone.
Thanks RQ.

He'll be Different with You. You're Special

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both
Too much hurt and pain on both sides that my brain hurts just thinking about it all.

B
B
He'll be Different with You. You're Special
karma,

I found it for you, back when you first requested it. smile

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

B
B
I just read through.. ALL of the post and it has opened my eyes soooo much! Thanks everyone!!!

B
B
Originally Posted by Bleeding_Heart1
I just read through.. ALL of the post and it has opened my eyes soooo much! Thanks everyone!!!
Welcome to MB Bleeding_ Heart1.

Would you like to share your story?

FWW/BW (me)
WH
2nd M for both

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation