Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 52 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 51 52
S
S
Thinking about you zen.

Z
ZenWolf Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Dr. Harley sounded like he had some hope. I will talk to him on Wednesday. I am withholding ALL judgement until I've had some time to think.

This is not a decision I will make quickly.

ZenWolf #2241741 04/06/09 08:18 PM
Z
ZenWolf Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
Really guys I would post here but I'm embarassed and just too stuck to really say anything. I am hearing your advice, I just need to look at the whole picture and choose my actions based on my mind and my heart and the best advice I can seek. I'm not ignoring, I'm just listening. Thank you all again, so much.

ZenWolf #2241760 04/06/09 08:40 PM
K
K
Don't let yourself turn into Pom.

Like everyone said, copy all posts and have them deleted.

Pom's ex used everything he posted against him, don't let that happen to you.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
ZenWolf #2241763 04/06/09 08:44 PM
L
L
Originally Posted by ZenWolf
Dr. Harley sounded like he had some hope. I will talk to him on Wednesday. I am withholding ALL judgement until I've had some time to think.

This is not a decision I will make quickly.

clap

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
lildoggie #2241775 04/06/09 09:03 PM
L
L
During this entire episode, she has not gone more than 2 or 3 days without contact.

Zen, please tell us

What do YOU need right now from Coho? Actual actions, not words. What is something she can DO?

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
lildoggie #2241784 04/06/09 09:13 PM
M
M
Zen, this is what your future will be like. This is your wife's pattern and always has been. She feels entitled to have affairs. This is a way of life with her. You knew this when you married her and she has stayed true to form. This will get worse as time goes on. You must accept that you cannot change her and remove yourself from her arena of abuse. Please face the truth before she tears you down even more and more.

what you need, Zen, is to move to protect yourself legally. Your W has written that she will give you favorable conditions. You should take her up on it.

You cannot change her, friend. This is your future if you don't stop it now. You can have short term pain and long term happiness or you can have short term pain and long term PAIN. It is your choice.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by Mark1952
* Gather email addresses for those you want to seek advice from and then have this thread dumped after you have printed every page out.
* Hire a bulldog lawyer.
* File on grounds of adultery.
* File for emergency full custody.
* Contact a counselor for the kids and ask for advice and or appointments.
* Choose an intermediary in case a life or death situation comes along.
* Go black hole dark.
* Protect your kids.
* Let family and friends know what is going on so support is there for you and the kids.
(Check with lawyer regarding these next two)
* Close joint accounts and cancel joint credit cards.
* Move your money to a new bank because the old one might screw up and let her know something she shouldn't or give her access out of habit.
* Change address for important stuff like financials and legal stuff to a PO Box or work or a relative (one on YOUR side) so that she can't go through you mail the way she goes through males.
* Protect your finances including retirement/401K etc.
* Heal and move on.

If you truly have any hope for a relationship with this person in the future, though I have no idea of why you might, leave the door there, but nail it shut and make her figure out how to open it.

If she offers everything to just be free, take it all and don’t look back.

Mark

BINGO!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

O
O
Zen, I think you should take all the time you need to think. Counsel w/ the Harleys. But counsel with an attorney, too. Get Coho out of the house. I know Dr. Harley thinks partners should be together but your kids don't need to witness this poison. Plus, you can't be with Coho (hopefully never again) until she clears her STD tests.

Set up a poly and have her submit to it.

Whatever you do, YOU run the show. Coho gets no say in it. My own stupid opinion.

I hope you will kick her to the curb but in the event you decide not to, I think the post-nupt sounds like good insurance. I hope you have extra bandages for your heart.

M
M
ZW,

I think that until Coho realizes that she could really lose you she has no reason to change anything. She has had no real consequences so far for her choices.

She was planning a marriage to POSom! Let her see what life after ZW will be like. Let her be alone, wondering where her next meal will come from or worrying about whether or not she will ever be respected by her own children. Let her feel the consequences for her actions.

Right now Coho doesn't have a problem. She doesn't have a problem because she has been able to make it your problem and you have willingly taken on the responsibility for her choices. YOU have made it your problem. Help her to have a problem so that she can get help for it. Saving her from herself sounds noble but will not really help her and will only destroy your love for her and ultimately you yourself.

You can't fix her, only prevent her from fixing herself...

Mark

Z
ZenWolf Offline OP
OP Offline
Z
You are absolutely right Mark.

O
O
Mark is absolutely right. Its time to stop being an enabler. She needs to work to get you back. Any thing less then the hardest thing she has ever done, only cheapens your worth ZEN.

S
S
ZW - Again, I want to say how sorry I am for your pain. No-one here can tell you what to do. This is your life and you make the decisions in your life and live with them. I sense, as I think we all do, that you want to take your WW back.

You are reading all the opinions here, and say you're taking them on board, so I'll share mine. I think your WW is a player, and she is playing you. She is clever, thinks she is far more intelligent than us BS on an internet forum, and sadly I think she believes she is more intelligent than Dr H.

She said...

.. "Should I just leave? should I go out to my mom's? people seem to be saying I should just do that on my own, but, really? doesn't Harley say to stay close?"

She is using and manpulating MB techniques to get back into the home. She is saying what she knows it is required that a WS say in order to get back home. Unfortunately, her words are meaningless. Do not listen to her words. Do not let her manipulate the great advice on this site to suit HER NEEDS. I guarantee she is telling you that she needs to be home so that she can put the work into fixing the M.

The real problem though is not the M, IT IS HER. SHE needs to fix herself.

She has had her fix and for now is satiated, so she chooses her enabler to provide for her other needs but only until she needs her next fix, and she will sooner or later need that fix, because you cannot provide the adrenaline rush that she thinks she needs.

Do not be the easy choice for her to take. I am not advocating divorce - not at all. I think we are all capable of change, but some people are more resistant to change than others. She will not fix herself if you carry on enabling her, and constantly cushion her from facing the consequences of her actions.

Show her the way home, by all means, but make it a long road home, albeit with a map that is very easy for her to follow. Be the lighthouse (such a great and inspirational thread), but please don't be the doormat. She must prove herself not with words but with actions, and in the meantime you must protect yourself and you two little children.

Me - BW
FWH - BB -(PA Jul 08 - Aug 08)
D-Day - 8 Aug 2008
Recovering nicely

S
S
She just said that she felt like nothing she could do was right and it was the OM's birthday and she missed him. Great.

She said she felt nothing she could do was right, so she actually blameshifted her actions on you. She justified betraying you again to that fact. So all of a sudden she is willing now that she has had her "fix". There is no change. I know you want to see it, but it's not there. She will try all to get you back, once she succeeds, she will DO IT AGAIN. You are the stable man, and OM is her "Rush" man. Typical cake eating. The ball is in your court Zen. I hope you make the wise decision on how you play with it. She also threw salt on the wound by saying she missed him..imagine that. :RollieEyes:

Last edited by shaken; 04/07/09 06:37 AM.
ZenWolf #2241993 04/07/09 08:17 AM
S
S
Really guys I would post here but I'm embarassed and just too stuck to really say anything. I am hearing your advice, I just need to look at the whole picture and choose my actions based on my mind and my heart and the best advice I can seek. I'm not ignoring, I'm just listening. Thank you all again, so much.

Don't trust your heart...the Bible says, 'The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate.' So don't trust your heart. Base your actions on her ACTIONS.

Me-43
H-44
Married 25 years
1 child- ds9
V
V
Originally Posted by Mark1952
ZW,

I think that until Coho realizes that she could really lose you she has no reason to change anything. She has had no real consequences so far for her choices.

Mark

EXACTLY. She needs to actually be broken and humble before any changes can be made. And, they have to be made WITHIN, by her. I don't think she sees the far reaching consequences of any decisions that she might make (or the ones that she has made for that matter).

What do YOU need right now? How are you holding up? How are YOU dealing with this right now?

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
ZenWolf #2242016 04/07/09 08:56 AM
M
M
Coho posted in her thread:

I just want to say - and I'm putting this in public record.

if ZW wants a divorce, I will not fight on anything. not on the house, not on the kids, not on any assets. nothing.

PLEASE take her up on this offer. Print this off and give it to your attorney and proceed with Plan D (if it were me ... it would be Plan FU).

Then, after the D is final on the above terms, if for some unexplainable reason you would want to attempt some form of R, then you can do it on your terms, rather than hers.

However, I am fairly confident that you WILL NOT do this ... you will take Coho back with minimal consequences ... and you will waste many years of your future until there is nothing remaining of ZW but the shell of a broken cuckhold ... THAT IS YOUR FUTURE!!!

H
H
[
I just want to say - and I'm putting this in public record.

if ZW wants a divorce, I will not fight on anything. not on the house, not on the kids, not on any assets. nothing.

Ya, right! Until the attorneys get involved.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
O
O
She is so incredibly deceitful. She wants to marry the OM. Just how long do you think she can stay away from the man she wants to MARRY? She arrogantly disrespects to people when you are not around (like her hairdresser). While she is telling you that she loves you. She is arranging her next sex interlude with the OM. BASED ON HER ACTIONS, DO YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT THAT WHEN SHE IS IN HEAT AGAIN, THAT SHE WILL NOT START WAVING HER TAIL IN FRONT OF THE OM?

O
O
I'm having a hard time reconcilling

"I only want ZW"

with

'she wants to marry the OM'

Page 34 of 52 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 51 52

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,084 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation