Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
CWMI Offline OP
OP Offline
C
So I was reading Time magazine today, the May 11 issue (yes, I am from the future, lol), and there's a tidbit on the briefing page, new terms added to the American Lexicon:

Party A
and
Party B

These are the new terms on the new same-sex marriage licenses in the state of Iowa.

I saw this, not thinking of whether same-sex marriage should or should not be recognized. I saw this thinking, if me and H had to put our stats under Party A vs. Party B, instead of Bride or Groom, I believe we may have gotten all dominance issues and hierarchy stuff out of the way...in the registrar's office. There never would be an issue of who loves who more, or any question of which of us would be more likely to defer, because we would have had to choose, right there on the application for a license, who was A, and who was B.

Looking back on our marriage, I don't believe we'd have ever made it through the required paperwork to get started. laugh

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
W
W
They should've used the terms we had in a public planning referendum for my town a couple of years back. We got to vote, and had to choose between:

Plan A
and
Plan 1

So nobody got to say that their plan was deemed 'lesser' by de organisers!

(I think I'd still want to be Party A, not Party 1.)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 493 guests, and 61 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation