Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by 77club
Infidelity diet took me back 20 years in weight.
Work out at home to Barry's Boot Camp (infomercial), but on downer days I don't have the motivation.

As a thrift shopper, I try out new clothes in smaller sizes for pennies on the dollar and then know what to look for on sale, or sewing. But I find so many good brands and quality clothes in Thrifties that I don't buy much in regular stores anymore.

I took some inheritance money and had a dermatologist do some work on spider veins, age spots and mole removal. Also invested in Obagi skin lightening system.

I have spent 60 years in the sun: ranch childhood, life guarding, teen tanning and now back to ranching -- this time with sunblock and hats. There has been alot of damage, but people still think I am younger than I am.

I have started wearing makeup more frequently and earrings.

I cut my baby fine straight hair short and was told I looked 10 years younger -- even without perming or coloring.

Then found out H only likes long, thick, wavy hair. So I'm growing it out longer, but refuse to wear the straight flat look. Will have to consider perming again, although it breaks my hair.

I guess I'm doing all this for myself as my H says nobody should change their physical appearance for someone else. Attractiveness is how you feel about someone's personality, not their appearance. (This doesn't explain how he loved the OW at first sight, before knowing what her personality was!)

I am in no way physically attractive to my H, but I am getting compliments from others, in front of him even, but no comment from him..
When I hear what you husband puts you through I want to :twobyfour: :twobyfour: :twobyfour:
Okay I feel better now. All you can do is be the best that you can be and leave the rest to God. Keep doing what you can and keep your chin up!

Over it.
Thanks, SS.

BS -me 69 WS - him 68
Married 40 years
OW - "daughter" added to family 1/05 for "Fathering healing" - 26 years younger
EA 1/05 - 12/07 PA 8/07 - 12/07
NC 1/08
DDay March 30, 2008
Separation Feb. 17, 2010 two days before our 33 anniversary
DDs 31, 25
WH served me for divorce Sept. 18, 2014
B
B
I'm currently doing laser hair removal on my legs. I have had injections for spider veins...hurt like a mother but I liked the improvement. I have Obagi but I hate the routine and the initial peeling isn't attractive so I prefer getting a photofacial. Either makes a huge difference in your complexion.

All of these things I do for me and did so even pre-A. If H likes it, great, but I like the results I get. I get pedicures more often and treat myself to services...no more of thinking of H, the kids, everyone and their brother then b_r. uhuh I'd like to lose about 10 pounds and get toned up so I joined a gym but I'm not going to kill myself over it either.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by black_raven
I'm currently doing laser hair removal on my legs. I have had injections for spider veins...hurt like a mother but I liked the improvement. I have Obagi but I hate the routine and the initial peeling isn't attractive so I prefer getting a photofacial. Either makes a huge difference in your complexion.

All of these things I do for me and did so even pre-A. If H likes it, great, but I like the results I get. I get pedicures more often and treat myself to services...no more of thinking of H, the kids, everyone and their brother then b_r. uhuh I'd like to lose about 10 pounds and get toned up so I joined a gym but I'm not going to kill myself over it either.
I had laser treatments for spider veins a few years ago and didn't really see the results that I was hoping to see. I was wondering about the injections. I have heard that they work better. I have also had laser skin resurfacing for some sun damage and the result were ok. I now wear sunscreen 365 days a year. I use a really good self-tanner in the summertime that my husband likes. I get manicures and pedicures too. I try to give myself a facial at home once a week. Clinique makes a 15 minute facial that I like. Basically I try to do what I can to maintain and improve my looks and overall health without going crazy about it or sacrificing my quality of life (or my finances). Some of this stuff is pretty pricey so I do what I can a little at a time.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/05/09 03:11 PM.

Over it.
B
B
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
I had laser treatments for spider veins a few years ago and didn't really see the results that I was hoping to see. I was wondering about the injections. I have heard that they work better.

The laser don't work well from what doctors have told me. The injections hurt and your legs will be bruised but you should require less with each treatment. A vascular surgeon will do the treatments but typically bill your consult visit through insurance if you have any. The biggest factor with spider and varicose veins is hereditary. I've gone three times in the last 12 months. I'll go for maintenance as needed but I haven't gone for almost 6 months. Given all the advances in technology, I really hope they come up with an effective laser treatment or start sedating people that suffer through injections. laugh

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
M
M
If ya'll want to know my VERY HUMBLE OPINION on this, the absolute BEST time and money you can spend on yourself is on EXERCISING.

And we ALL KNOW that you can do that for FREE if you have to! I spend 45 minutes at the gym 3 times a week, and that's it. Now that the weather is nice I'll probably start going for walks a couple of days a week, but that's mostly because I just like being outside, and the walking clears my head.

I don't bother with facials or manicures (pedicures sometimes in the summer, but then I just do them myself in between times so I don't have to go that often). I ALWAYS have my toes paiinted, though!

I wash my face twice a day and use moisturizer and sunscreen. I wear makeup, but not a ton...some foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner and mascara. And lipgloss when I remember. smile

But that is it...and I'm told that I always look good. smile smile smile

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
[P.S. laser hair removal would be nice, however. I shave everysingleday and it gets OLD. I love the way it feels though!]

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

S
S
Well you go girls!!!!

B
B
Originally Posted by drgnfly
I got Invisalign braces! FWH had his teeth done about 5 years ago (very severe case) and says he would do it again in a heartbeat. He knows that I'm insecure about my teeth even though they aren't too bad, and he's been trying to convince me to get them fixed for years. He finally convinced me to do it for myself and I'm in my 3rd week! They hurt like he//, but it will be nice to not hide my mouth when I smile. grin

Plus the dentist and my other doctor think it might help with my migraines!!! hurray

Oh, GOSH! Someone who's actually excited about these stupid things!!!!! I wore braces as a teenager to correct my bite and now, at the ripe old age of 48, I have to wear the invisalign because my bite shifted and my lower teeth were loose from getting hit head on by my upper teeth. I HATE these things!!!!! I'm only on my second set of trays and have 30 more to go. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only good thing about them is you can take them out, but they're a pain in the butt to get out!!!!

S
S
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
If ya'll want to know my VERY HUMBLE OPINION on this, the absolute BEST time and money you can spend on yourself is on EXERCISING.

And we ALL KNOW that you can do that for FREE if you have to! I spend 45 minutes at the gym 3 times a week, and that's it. Now that the weather is nice I'll probably start going for walks a couple of days a week, but that's mostly because I just like being outside, and the walking clears my head.

I don't bother with facials or manicures (pedicures sometimes in the summer, but then I just do them myself in between times so I don't have to go that often). I ALWAYS have my toes paiinted, though!

I wash my face twice a day and use moisturizer and sunscreen. I wear makeup, but not a ton...some foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner and mascara. And lipgloss when I remember. smile

MF i had to laugh when i read this because i am like you except i do not go the gym at all and i have actually never had a manicure or a pedicure (but i bite my fingernails so a manicure would be a waste of money anyway LOL!

B
B
I have been doing Brazilian for about a year now and love it. I would love to have laser, but it doesn't work on grey hairs and, well, I have quite a few of those!!!

XBF who ended up being a lying, cheat either shaved or waxed or did something down there. He was very nicely groomed for quite a while and, then, toward the end when he really got out of hand, he was complete shaved/wax - chest and down there. He is very tall and very skinny, so he looked like a teenage kid with a 47 year old man's head! He even started tanning, which I don't have a problem with, except he wears these awful bikini briefs from Walmart that he wore when he tanned and, gosh, he looked stupid!!!

B
B
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
I have been doing Brazilian for about a year now and love it.

You are brave. I could never do that. OUCH and OUCH!

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy

MF i had to laugh when i read this because i am like you except i do not go the gym at all and i have actually never had a manicure or a pedicure (but i bite my fingernails so a manicure would be a waste of money anyway LOL!
Actually, if you started putting nail polish on your fingernails, you would probably stop biting them. That worked for me when I was a kid. Please tell me that you don't bite your toenails too!!!

Over it.
M
M
If I could get nail polish to STAY on my fingernails, I might do it...but I do so much hand and dish washing that it chips almost immediately. And I cannot tolerate ANY chips in my nail polish!

So I stick with painting my toes and that works out just fine. smile Right now I have a dark PURPLE on, it's so fun!

Last edited by MarriedForever; 05/05/09 03:54 PM.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

B
B
I don't spend money on facial or manicures either MF. One of the best things I bought years ago was a pariffin (sp?) wax machine...hands and feet feel so much better after. They are not expensive either. A lot of beauty care can be done at home but it is nice to sit back and get a service once in a while. I don't color my hair and get $50-$80 cut like some women so for me it evens out to do other things I like without breaking the bank.

Sunscreen is probably one thing that is under used by most people.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

M
M
but it is nice to sit back and get a service once in a while.

Yes it sure is...but I am not talking "beauty service". blush

[MF<~~~~~running and ducking now...]

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

S
OP Offline
S
If I could get nail polish to STAY on my fingernails, I might do it...but I do so much hand and dish washing that it chips almost immediately. And I cannot tolerate ANY chips in my nail polish!

So I stick with painting my toes and that works out just fine. smile Right now I have a dark PURPLE on, it's so fun!

I used clear nail polish to stop me from biting. It tastes bad and the chips don't show as much.

Over it.
S
S
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
Please tell me that you don't bite your toenails too!!!

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Oh my goodness no i do not bite my toenails too!!!

I wish i did not bite my FINGERnails grin because i have very long thin pretty fingers but i have bit them for as long as i can remember. Heck one time i won as special award at my work and went to this fancy award thing in another state and i got the fake nails. As soon as i got home i bit them off too.

S
S
My toenails however right at the moment are a shiny bronze color!!!

S
OP Offline
S
but it is nice to sit back and get a service once in a while.

Yes it sure is...but I am not talking "beauty service". blush

[MF<~~~~~running and ducking now...]
Bad girl! Do you think this is a SF thread or something?

This was a fun diversion today. Hubby came home early and we are off to the gym.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/05/09 04:07 PM.

Over it.
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 377 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation