Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
PM - it just occured to me you might not know both our children are adopted and have the same birth mom.

Sorry - I ASSUMED blushyou knew.

Originally Posted by Pepperband
I cannot make adultery so important that is is the only or primary measurement with which I consider how/if I will interact with people. In my opinion, that belittles myself.

Same here.

But, guess what? I don't care if anyone else makes adultery the only measure they take. I think they miss out on a lot of good stuff that way, but so be it.

I guess I "don't care" either, in the sense that I have no desire 2 tell other people what 2 do or how 2 think. But I do find it sad, knowing that they miss so much by dwelling on it.

It's not just their own hurt they're dwelling on, either. That is understandable, even if it isn't productive. It's dwelling on other peoples' hurt. ...assuming that makes sense 2 the reader. grin

-ol' 2long

P
P
But where do we draw the line at standing up for what we believe?

This is such a profound question. It is a core question.

It deserves a much better answer than the one I gave to you.

Let me start by saying that I am 100% certain I cannot tell you where you should draw your "line".

P
P
I don't think that is the same at all. Thanks for asking & not assuming smile

You're welcome. grin

Would you refuse your husband some cancer treatment because an adulterer either A. invented B. perfected C. provided the necessary treatment?

blush Wow. You got me there. No I wouldn't.

I live with a known adulterer, and so do you ! blush
Would you like the list of TV and films my H has worked on so you can be sure not to support him?

I do. You're right. Of course not... your H works in TV and films? I THOUGHT he looked familiar. laugh

But there are SOME movies that I won't step foot in or TV shows (or commercials!) that I won't watch because they are offensive to me. The last thing I want to become is desensitized. What goes in through my eyes and ears, travels to my heart and exits through my mouth and my actions. If I can filter that, I will.

My children came to me because another woman was foolish and morally sick ... if I reject her I reject my children as well.

Why would you reject her children by rejecting her? Her children were/are innocent and so not responsible for what their mother the woman who gave birth to them did.

You can tell me to shuddup now. I don't know the details and I would never want presume that I have all the answers. I just know what feels right for me. wink

I cannot make adultery so important that is is the only or primary measurement with which I consider how/if I will interact with people. In my opinion, that belittles myself.

But, guess what? I don't care if anyone else makes adultery the only measure they take. I think they miss out on a lot of good stuff that way, but so be it.

Oh adultery's not the only or primary measurement I consider, but if it becomes glaringly apparent to me, I decide on an individual basis whether to remove myself from the relationship... family or no... depending on the circumstance.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 05/05/09 03:26 PM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
Let me start by saying that I am 100% certain I cannot tell you where you should draw your "line".

Nor I you. Unless you ask of course. whistle

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 584 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation