Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DNU1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Yes, waywards lie. They lie to our faces, they lie by omission, they just lie...but...

I just gotta vent here. Recently did the annual turkey hunting trip with Dad, brother and two other guys who have been hunting with my Dad for 35+ years.

The oldest guy, he's 80 now, used to bring sticky-buns his wife baked. They were great. He really milked it for all it's worth -- "my wife really loves making these for us," "I'm glad you like them...she worked so hard." blah, blah, blah. Even played them up to the farmer/landowner, saying his wife baked them just for him.

So FF to this year and I realize I haven't seen the sticky buns for a few years. Ask my dad about them and he says, "oh yea, he finally admitted that his wife didn't bake the sticky buns...he got them at local bakery" WTF!!!!

Then the other guy in our hunting party gets a little drunk and starts telling stories...and they are same stories we heard last year, save for one exception...they have DIFFERENT endings / details. Liar!

WTF? Why can't people just tell it like it is? Why does it always have to be one better? Maybe I'm just too trusting in what people say. I guess all I can control is what comes out of my mouth. Aarrgghh...

D-Papers served May 8th, 2009
K
K
You thought you were hunting turkeys, when you now realize you were hunting WITH them?

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
B
B
Same reason people try to keep up with the Jones'...they want others to like them and start acting stupid to make themselves seem more (fill in the blank).

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
B
B
DNU1,

You raise an issue with which I have been trying to come to terms for several months, now. In February, I found out the guy I was (notice past tense)dating ahd been lying to me throughout the term of our relationship about many things, including our exclusivity. I have spent a great deal of time trying to come to terms with the person I first got to know (now a fantasy) and the person he really is. Many people have multiple personas depending on the circumstances. In my situation, I believed him to be a man of integrity, responsibility, virtuous, loyal, etc., only to find out he is not. He is two faced: There is the side he showed me to win me over and a darker side where he was seeing other people the entire time we were dating, including cruising online dating and casual sex sites. I have come to the realization that it is all about character. Some people have it and some people don't. Unfortunately, many of those without it are great at hiding it.

D
D
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy
You thought you were hunting turkeys, when you now realize you were hunting WITH them?

I LOVE KaylaAndy!

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
D
DNU1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
I've always heard the saying, "believe none of what you hear and half of what you read..."

And having worked on college campus, and having my office RIGHT next to the campus news paper, I grew really weary of the press...saw how they were being trained in college, how they manipulated the facts, etc.

But come on...sticky-buns! This is ridiculous!

I mean if someone would flat out lie and deceive for a gazillion years over something so small as sticky-buns…why wouldn’t they lie about more important things.

Makes me want to call “BS” on all kinds of things. I’ve never trusted salesmen, thinking they were only in this to line their own pockets. Granted, everyone needs to make a living…

But now maybe I’m growing more cynical and judgmental. And you are right, it’s all about character.

T
T
Originally Posted by DNU1
The oldest guy, he's 80 now, used to bring sticky-buns his wife baked. They were great. He really milked it for all it's worth -- "my wife really loves making these for us," "I'm glad you like them...she worked so hard." blah, blah, blah. Even played them up to the farmer/landowner, saying his wife baked them just for him.

Is it possible he was being facetious?
Making a joke?
The "milking it for all it's worth" is what makes it seem like he was having a go at you guys, pulling one over on you.

G
G
DNU1,

The excessive lying seems mostly to be a Male thing, I can only identify one or two Females I have known who lie excessively, but 100's of men that do so. I guess charitably you could call it exaggeration, caught fish bigger than my boat, 500 pound 20 point buck, etc. I think it derives from the male need to complete. Basically if you can't win just lie.

With many guys I think they have lied for so long and so often they can never go back. My father-in law who is now in his late 70's sounds like the 80's year old you were talking about, the lies he told years ago are now part of his identity which he believes.

NJ

B
B
Originally Posted by newjersey
The excessive lying seems mostly to be a Male thing, I can only identify one or two Females I have known who lie excessively, but 100's of men that do so. I guess charitably you could call it exaggeration, caught fish bigger than my boat, 500 pound 20 point buck, etc. I think it derives from the male need to complete. Basically if you can't win just lie.

That's my experience as well. In social settings I would see many, many men exaggerating a story. Is is out of competition, wanting others to envy them, or just a desire to be an entertaining storyteller? Watch the wives that MrRollieEyes and if they correct their Hs, the H gets mad and defensive...

You calling me a liar? Um no honey that fish was really as big as the sofa. MrRollieEyes

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
G
Black Raven,

Not really sure, but I sometimes think it has something to do with the fact that men do not give birth and never have that life altering experience of producing new life. So to make up for that defect they achieve or are losers. If men could have babies perhaps no wars? or would they compete to have the biggest babies.

How many men does it take to drive a tractor trailer across a bridge 10, one to drive it across and nine to listen to him brag about it.

NJ

D
DNU1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by turtlehead
Originally Posted by DNU1

Is it possible he was being facetious?
Making a joke?
The "milking it for all it's worth" is what makes it seem like he was having a go at you guys, pulling one over on you.

He's a former marine drill sgt, spent time in Korea. Know-it-all who was always trying to tell me and my brother how to hunt, where to go, etc.

No, he wasn't being facetious...not that I thought anyway.

Another point...when he shot a big tom it was "hey, look how HUGE this one is...six beards!" This year when I shoot a big one it's, "man, that old bird ain't going to be worth a crap to eat..."

Grrrrr....

B
B
Originally Posted by KaylaAndy

rotflmao

I've always had an extremely low tolerance for lying/flubbing the truth/whatever....I've found that since discovering my FWH's affair, my tolerance for that sort of nonsense out of ANYBODY is in the negative range.

Me(bw/fww) 39
recovering with amazing fwh/bh 36
DS 7
DS 4

His
EA Oct '07 - 7/2/08 (d-day)
NC 7/4/08

Hers
EA/RA 6/'09-3/'10
NC 3/17/10

G
G
DNU,

Another point...when he shot a big tom it was "hey, look how HUGE this one is...six beards!" This year when I shoot a big one it's, "man, that old bird ain't going to be worth a crap to

Don't tell me, he used to hunt one handedly with a 10ga shooting 3 and 1/2 inch magnum shells, that is after he couldn't get ammo for his 8ga. parker double barrel.

Supposedly condoms come in three sizes, small, medium and liars.

NJ

D
DNU1 Offline OP
OP Offline
D
NJ: Actually the other guy in the hunting party DOES shoot one handed. Lost his right arm just below the shoulder in duck blind accident @ age of 16. He does everthing himself...with one arm! Good guy, but he's the one who's stories change when he gets a little drunky...

He kept telling us he was calling in toms this past weekend when no one else was getting them to come to the calls think

I think both of these fellas lie their tails off when describing where/how they shoot turkeys. Oh well, I got my THREE turkeys and don't have to deal with their lying tails until next year smile

W
W
Originally Posted by newjersey
Black Raven,

Not really sure, but I sometimes think it has something to do with the fact that men do not give birth and never have that life altering experience of producing new life. So to make up for that defect they achieve or are losers. If men could have babies perhaps no wars? or would they compete to have the biggest babies.

How many men does it take to drive a tractor trailer across a bridge 10, one to drive it across and nine to listen to him brag about it.

NJ
OK, this made me think about a convo I recently had with H. H has 2 (female)supervisors who this week had babies. He tells me he wants to get a card form one of them. For some reason it irked me a little... I told him "Wait, she gets a card, and *I* didn't even get a card when I had *your* baby???" And you know what he said??? "I should've gotten you a card? I thought we both had the baby?" faint uhuh rotflmao So I told him, "Hmmm, YOU were carrying someone inside of you who was systematically kicking and punching all your most sensitive regions, kept you up all night rolling around inside of you, and made you throw up literally THOUSANDS of times? And YOU were on bed rest and had half a hospital full of people reaching in YOUR vajayjay because you were in labor for DAYSSSS and then finally got cut open for a c-section? Ummm, yeah, your pregnancy and birth experience were COMPLETELY equal to mine." So he looks at me all wide-eyed and says "I'll have to remember that for next time. I guess I never thought that thought through too much"

:roflmao:

BS, 28
WH, 36 11/08-? EA(s?), no PA's, lied (net&women)
MLC end 5/09? Enter R smile
M 2000
Child, 5.5 yrs

G
G
DNU,

Oh man! sorry about the bomb that just went off in your life OM3, just yesterday talking about bulls*** hunting and fishing stories and now this. Hope you do the polygraph as a minimum!

You might think about suing for alienation of affection too ,since you might need the money. Just being practical.

Guess you wish she lied about the size of the trout she caught, oy!

NJ

Last edited by newjersey; 05/06/09 04:06 PM.
DNU,

I think you are overly sensitive about this due to your recent, horrible revelation from your WW. These guys are telling stories to be entertaining and in all likelihood most of the participants realize it is just a form of banter.

To the group of women don't lie, mostly men. That is a a load of BS. Women put on makeup to look better, they wear special underwear to arrange everything, they tell exaggerated stories about children, home, etc. But who cares, all of this is for public or casual consumption and to have interesting conversation on a CASUAL level.

Please do not cheapen the deep nature of the lies you have been told by comparing them to a story a guy was telling to make his W look good. Or, perhaps she is a bad cook and some of the other guys knew that, or a million other reasons it may have been for entertainment.

Last edited by 6yearsleft; 05/06/09 05:23 PM.

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
NJ,

Do you hate men. I find it very very hard to believe that you posted about the superiority of women to DNU. Have you read about his WW? I guess growing a baby inside her didn't fix her defects. How about my xWW? I really despise this sexist garbage.

How would you react to a similar post that claims that growing a baby in a person causes them to become defective?

Last edited by 6yearsleft; 05/06/09 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Me 42 BS
Wife 41 FWW (exwife now)
Divorced 10/14/2008
S 21
D 18
D 16
S, S 13 (twins)
Grandson 8 months
G
G
6YL,

I really despise this sexist garbage.

Hmmm, I think the claim that women and men are equal in all respects would be hard to believe. I think the modern belief/fashion/superstition that all people are equal or should be treated that way as a social expedient is itself a prejudice.

But really in the area of larger issues do we ever have anything other than the biased sample we call our lives to refer to. What superior mode of thinking would you suggest we substitute?

I would suppose you know every female in the USA and can calculate the percentage error in my approach?

Our differentiation of the sexes is so fundamental that in an un-noticed way it is the first characteristic we try to determine on first meeting a person. Eliminate sexism how?

Do I hate men

Again just my biased sample, but I've met a ratio of 100 con men to every 1 con woman, who knows perhaps it is me.

So you're a fountain of objectivity?

How would you react to a similar post that claims that growing a baby in a person causes them to become defective?

I would say that until we can run a simulation on a massively fast computer of the human body that runs in real time with an arbitrary level of accuracy, all our opinions are subjective, and the result of statistical studies at best.

But we might never have an accurate enough mathematical model of the human body or a computer powerful enough to do that.

NJ

Last edited by newjersey; 05/06/09 05:59 PM.
G
G
6YL,

Finding an opinion distasteful or impolite does not make it untrue.

NJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation