Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
M
M
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
but it is nice to sit back and get a service once in a while.

Yes it sure is...but I am not talking "beauty service". blush

[MF<~~~~~running and ducking now...]
Bad girl! Do you think this is a SF thread or something?
I was hoping. wink

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
C
C
I'm trying a much lighter touch on the makeup since I noticed someone else's that I thought really looked good. I am just using a sheer foundation, a little bit of blush, and a light dusting of prescriptives "Magic" (light-diffusing) powder, and mascara on the top lashes only, and lip gloss when I can remember.

My secret weapon, though, has helped my thin, sparse lashes so much-- Lilash lash growth enhancer. Amazing. Ridiculously expensive, but it works.

Anyway, I think the lighter touch is younger looking. I might start using some concealer or lightener around the eyes.

Chrysalis
M
M
Anyway, I think the lighter touch is younger looking.

I completely agree with this. But I think it can also age you if you wear NO makeup.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

C
C
I've been struggling to find things to eat that work for me. Lately it's been "egg flower" soup-- I make some boxed chicken noodle soup, add some veggie (today it is fresh spinach leaves) and when the soup is cooked, one beaten egg. It's pretty light--under 300 calories for the whole thing and that is a LOT of soup.

I need to eat fairly soft foods as I had a gastric bypass and heavy things just don't work.

But the salt content in the soup is disturbing.

Hate the protein shakes. I may have an allergy to something in them-- they do NOT sit well.

Cottage cheese and light yogurt work OK.

My calories are still way too high and the exercise way too low. Darn.

Chrysalis
B
B
but it is nice to sit back and get a service once in a while.

Yes it sure is...but I am not talking "beauty service". blush

[MF<~~~~~running and ducking now...]

LOL I'm all for getting a happy ending with H. grin

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
G
G
I like to get my nails done every three weeks (acrylics)dont know if the spelling is right?

Keep my false tan topped up to give me a bit of colour, lets face it i aint goin to get much sun here in Ireland smile

I go walking every day for at least 40-50 mins to help with my weight loss programme (weight watchers)

have lost 19 lbs so far but have a long way to go yet but i wont give up

Get higlights in my hair for the summer, get my roots coloured every six weeks.

Go and have a facial every few months, its pure heaven.

2 kids S 20 and D 16
H
H
I don't think I've seen this yet, but I'm into Botox. OK -- not really "into it" but I've had it done several times. Takes out the lines on my forehead, but I swear I can still frown and smile. I am not frozen and I do look much younger!

As for the hair stuff -- yes, I'd like to try laser. However, I can't do anything right now -- and for the next few months -- because dealing with the A caused my skin to break out so much the dermotologist put me on Accutane.

When on Accutane, the Dr. cautions you to be aware of mood swings, violent tendencies, suicidal thoughts, etc. along with dry skin, chapped lips, impaired vision, etc.

Hummmm...I seem to recall someone using the "twinkie" defense --

"I swear, Officer, I didn't see OW when I went into a violent rage caused by Accutane and ran over her. And, since my vision has been impaired by the medication, I couldn't tell she was lying there when I backed up and ran her over again."

Hee, heee

S
OP Offline
S
Husband loved his healthy low calorie dinner so much he is doing the dishes!! He also flirted with me while I was cooking and was complimenting my figure. This is getting normal around here. This is the nice easy meal that we had:
Baked Tilapia and Veggies(tilapia fish, 2 fresh quartered tomatoes, 1 vidalia onions, 1T minced fresh garlic, 2 jalepeno peppers, and lemon pepper seasoning to taste and a drizzle of olive oil - baked at 400 F for 20 minutes)

Steamed brussel sprouts (his serving had a little butter. Mine were plain)
Finished it off with a couple of Miller64 lowcal beers.

Over it.
S
S
Ever since my H had his surgery (right after D-Day) we have been eating a lot healthier. We eat fish quite a lot and salads and try to stay away from fried foods as much as possible.

Right now is basebal season for us however (our DS plays) and it makes it difficult to make meals and go to the ball games so we tend to eat later than we should.

F
F
This is a great thread!! A foundation that you ladies might like is Bare Escentuals mineral powder. It's light, covers great, and skims over any lines / wrinkles. It doesn't even look like you're wearing foundation.

Something to try for those of you who like to be tanned--Neutrogena Air Mist sunless tanning spray. I personally like to go the tanning salon once or twice a week (I know--not good for you, but it really warms my bones!) and get some real sun on the weekends. But the spray really helps with a glow on your skin. I use it a couple of times a week between tanning sessions after I let the lotion dry on my skin after a shower. It's super easy to use, not messy, and it dries rather quickly.

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
D
D
Originally Posted by HolyHeart
"I swear, Officer, I didn't see OW when I went into a violent rage caused by Accutane and ran over her. And, since my vision has been impaired by the medication, I couldn't tell she was lying there when I backed up and ran her over again."

rotflmao

I want some of that stuff too!

rotflmao

D
D
I like to use the tanning beds too. I know they're unhealthy, but when it's -30 outside before the windchill in the winter, I really need something to warm me up! I feel better when I'm tanned too. It's kind of weird, but I look thinner. crazy

Someone mentioned the lasik eye surgery. I had that done about 10 years ago. Isn't it amazing?! I would recommend it to anyone.

BritsBrat, I just started my second set of Invisalign yesterday. My teeth are killing me today. I couldn't even eat a piece of bacon. I guess I'll be eating soup today. wink It will be worth it though! I'm really excited about the end result. I only have 7 months for my bottoms, and 11 months for my tops.

H
H
I do the laser hair removal for my bikini line, wanna do my legs but I can only afford one area at a time! And, it HURTS! Wax the arm pits. Do the Mani/Pedi. Really need to think about facials or peels. Keep the hair highlighted & all that. It's for me, WH has made it crystal clear he doesn't find me at all attractive. He gets nasty when other men do, but says he isn't the least bit jealous and that I should "take them up on it" JA
Got on the nice underwear kick, but really need to start thinking about the lingerie.

F
F
Originally Posted by happytobe
It's for me, WH has made it crystal clear he doesn't find me at all attractive. He gets nasty when other men do, but says he isn't the least bit jealous and that I should "take them up on it" JA

That quote broke my heart. Hugs to you, HTB.

hug

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
M
M
Originally Posted by FogFree
It's for me, WH has made it crystal clear he doesn't find me at all attractive. He gets nasty when other men do, but says he isn't the least bit jealous and that I should "take them up on it" JA

hug

Me too. frown

Keep doing these things for yourself, htb...your dumb H is the one who is going to lose out.

This really angers me...and makes me greatful that my H is a pro at complimenting me and helping me feel good about myself.

Last edited by MarriedForever; 05/06/09 09:26 AM.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

B
B
Originally Posted by drgnfly
BritsBrat, I just started my second set of Invisalign yesterday. My teeth are killing me today. I couldn't even eat a piece of bacon. I guess I'll be eating soup today. wink It will be worth it though! I'm really excited about the end result. I only have 7 months for my bottoms, and 11 months for my tops.

I'm the exact opposite - 8 months for by tops but 10 for my bottoms. Not sure exactly how that's going to work because my total number of trays for top and bottom on a two week schedule equal out to much longer.

Okay, I'm going to chime in here for something that's not for everyone - both cost wise and choice wise, but it has really been great for me....true confessions here.....I am pear shaped and for a very long time was 2-3 sizes larger on the bottom that I was in the waist and on top. This made buying dresses and suits nearly impossible. Also, I had a tiny waist and larger butt and legs which made it very difficult to find pants that fit. 15 years ago, I had my hips and thighs lipsuctioned and dropped from a size 9-10 on the bottom to a 4. Liposuction is not a weight loss alternative. You have to first have dieted down as far as you can and, then, the liposuction takes care of what is called diet-resistant fat. Also, liposuction will not take away cellulite and, in some instances, can make it worse. The results are not permanent if you do not maintain a healthy lifestyle, exercise and watch what you eat. Even doing so, when I hit my 40's and had a child, the fat pockets came back and were, once again, diet-resistant. They were not as bad this time - I only went up to a 6 or 8 and I could diet down to a 4, but to me, they were noticeable when I wore shorts or a bathing suit. (I live in Texas, so for 85% of the year I am in shorts) SO, in March, I had liposuction again. I am thrilled with the results.

In addition, a few years ago, my son did the deadly back of the head, head butt straight into my nose and broke it, resulting in a deviated septum, a slightly crooked nose and a bump. SO, while I was in for the liposuction, I had my nose fixed, which is exciting for me because for my entire life, I have hated my nostrils - the flared out sideways and you could look straight up my nose. When the fixed the deviated septum, they also reduced the size of my nostrils and squared out the ball at the tip of my nose quite a bit. I also had a cheek lift - also known as a mid-face lift. I look 10 years younger!!!

F
F
Originally Posted by FogFree

hug

Me too. frown

Keep doing these things for yourself, htb...your dumb H is the one who is going to lose out.

This really angers me...and makes me greatful that my H is a pro at complimenting me and helping me feel good about myself.

It angers me, too, MF. MyRev is great at complimenting me all of the time, even if I'm bumming around in sweats. I am so grateful for him and his grace.

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
H
H
Thank you. That's sweet, I thought they all said that!! Oh no!! Of course, it hurts my feelings but if you could see OW!! Yikes.
It's kind of interesting because it's left me not noticing or realizing that other men notice me. LOL
A guy flagged me over last week on the highway. I was afraid I had a flat or was dragging the gas nozzle. LOL So, I pulled right over. He came over to my car & said "I'm sorry, I just had to stop you! I've been trying to get your attention for 20 minutes & I didn't want you to get away. Can I get your number, I'd love to take you out" I was dumbfounded. Me?? Why me?? Didn't even realize it. My mom said "see!! Other men see it!!"
(she's in the "move on" camp)

M
M
I am pear shaped and for a very long time was 2-3 sizes larger on the bottom that I was in the waist and on top. This made buying dresses and suits nearly impossible. Also, I had a tiny waist and larger butt and legs which made it very difficult to find pants that fit. 15 years ago, I had my hips and thighs lipsuctioned and dropped from a size 9-10 on the bottom to a 4. Liposuction is not a weight loss alternative. You have to first have dieted down as far as you can and, then, the liposuction takes care of what is called diet-resistant

Oooooohhhhhh....I am so jealous!!!

I actually have the opposite problem ~ "part" of my top half is bigger than my bottom half (only in "certain" areas and NOT because I had a boob job, it's just the way I am built...you'd think 4 pregnancies and nursing would change that, but it hasn't...neither has dieting, no matter what I stay the same in the chest area) and so I cannot wear dresses either...they NEVER fit right.

Bathing suits are also a problem unless it's the mix-and-match ones where I can get a small bottom and a large top.

My in-laws have mentioned that they may take us to Hawaii next summer...I soooo want to ask DH if I could have this done before then. I workout a lot and watch what I eat but cannot get rid of some of this.

Is it expensive? What is the recovery like?

Last edited by MarriedForever; 05/06/09 11:09 AM. Reason: typos

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

V
V
I do the pedicure every so often and I always keep my toenails polished (Ike loves it when I get a lotus flower on there) and I used to get acrylics, but, now that I'm not working they aren't practical. They were really pretty, though.

I'm the type of person who gets really, really bored with the same workout all the time and they can't be very long. So, I found 10 Minute Trainer (a friend let me borrow it) and I looove it! I mainly want to tone up and get used to exercising again. I love yoga, too. There is a show that comes on at 5am called Inhale and I usually record it if I'm not already awake. It's amazing. I've lost 10lbs...woohoo! Just 25 more to go.

Luckily my husband likes fair, dark haired girls. He doesn't like it when I tan, so I don't. I do hate always being the palest in any picture, though. He also hates a lot of makeup,so I usually just wear some concealer, a little powder, eyeliner, and mascara. I have to admit I do love the really dark, thick Cleopatra eyeliner, though. I don't wear it, but I wish I could pull it off.

To those that had the Lasik surgery, did it hurt? Was it very expensive? It's something that I would like to get, but I'm not sure if I could afford it.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation