Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Verve
I do the pedicure every so often and I always keep my toenails polished (Ike loves it when I get a lotus flower on there) and I used to get acrylics, but, now that I'm not working they aren't practical. They were really pretty, though.

I'm the type of person who gets really, really bored with the same workout all the time and they can't be very long. So, I found 10 Minute Trainer (a friend let me borrow it) and I looove it! I mainly want to tone up and get used to exercising again. I love yoga, too. There is a show that comes on at 5am called Inhale and I usually record it if I'm not already awake. It's amazing. I've lost 10lbs...woohoo! Just 25 more to go.

Luckily my husband likes fair, dark haired girls. He doesn't like it when I tan, so I don't. I do hate always being the palest in any picture, though. He also hates a lot of makeup,so I usually just wear some concealer, a little powder, eyeliner, and mascara. I have to admit I do love the really dark, thick Cleopatra eyeliner, though. I don't wear it, but I wish I could pull it off.

To those that had the Lasik surgery, did it hurt? Was it very expensive? It's something that I would like to get, but I'm not sure if I could afford it.

The Lasik surgery didn't hurt at all and it was really quick. As soon as you sit up, your vision is already improved. My eyes are very dry so I had a little extra swelling afterwards that they gave me extra antibiotics to help me heal. I was extremely nearsighted with astigmastism (spelling?). I did it when I was in my late 30's. I can still read street signs and can drive without any help but am reaching the age that I am starting to notice a change up close. Don't need readers yet but I probably will in the next few years. That is just a part of aging and can't be avoided. It has been a couple of years but I think it was about $1500 for both eyes.

Over it.
S
S
You all would hate me, i am one of those lucky people who got good genes from my dad. I am 5 foot 8 inches tall and have weighed somewhere between 120-130 pounds (besides when i was pregnant) since i was 19 years old and i do not do anything. All of my co-workers get so mad at me because i eat all the time.

I also am one of those people who do not eat a lot at one sitting but a little bit every hour or two.

I am fortunate in that respect however i am very flat chested and i do not like that at all.

S
OP Offline
S
Breakfast today:
cheese omelet (1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1/4c lowfat cheddar cheese - cooked in Pam)

sauteed vidalia onion and tomatoes with garlic pepper seasoning, 1tsp of olive oil

bowl of fresh strawberries with 1/2tsp of sugar and splash of balsamic vinegar

coffee

Husband is home for rest of week for vacation. We have guests coming tomorrow for a guided fishing trip on Friday so I will have to sneak in my exercise.

It is still raining. uhuh Hopefully we can go down to the river and walk the dog along a trail that we like between storms. If not, we will go to the gym. I'll be cooking at home all day so I can control the food. I'll be cooking for our guests too so it will be healthy too.

Lost another 2 pounds today! dance2 That brings my total up to 29 pounds. Husband is telling me that I look really good.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/06/09 10:52 AM. Reason: added cheese for omelet

Over it.
F
F
I had Lasik surgery done two years ago. I have to wear reading glasses now but to wake up and be able to see is amazing!

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
You all would hate me, i am one of those lucky people who got good genes from my dad. I am 5 foot 8 inches tall and have weighed somewhere between 120-130 pounds (besides when i was pregnant) since i was 19 years old and i do not do anything. All of my co-workers get so mad at me because i eat all the time.

I also am one of those people who do not eat a lot at one sitting but a little bit every hour or two.

I am fortunate in that respect however i am very flat chested and i do not like that at all.

I can't hate you. My size D natural boobs won't allow it. whistle
We are all beautiful in our own way.

Over it.
B
B
Originally Posted by FogFree
This is a great thread!! A foundation that you ladies might like is Bare Escentuals mineral powder. It's light, covers great, and skims over any lines / wrinkles. It doesn't even look like you're wearing foundation.

I'll second that. I don't wear it everyday but like the look and lightweight feel. I bought the eye care package too but haven't tried it out yet.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
I can't hate you. My size D natural boobs won't allow it.

Ha, I coulda written this!!!

Though to be tall and slim and able to eat whatever I want could sure have it's benefits!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
F
F
Originally Posted by black_raven
Originally Posted by FogFree
This is a great thread!! A foundation that you ladies might like is Bare Escentuals mineral powder. It's light, covers great, and skims over any lines / wrinkles. It doesn't even look like you're wearing foundation.

I'll second that. I don't wear it everyday but like the look and lightweight feel. I bought the eye care package too but haven't tried it out yet.

Be careful with the eye powder, br--it can get VERY MESSY!! crazy But it looks good if you can get it on your eyes without smearing it under them!!

Another product to try is MAC's paint pot eye shadows. I have pretty oily skin and eyelids, and this eye shadow DOES NOT MOVE. They are a cream based shadow, but dry to a powder-like finish.

Sorry for all of the makeup statements, but I have always been a makeup fiend since I was a baby!! Makeup and hair products are two of my favorite subjects!! lashes

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
B
B
Thanks for the tip FF.

Hair care!!! What is the best conditioner out there? I have tried the world of products. My hair is naturally curly and dry.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
H
H
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
I can't hate you. My size D natural boobs won't allow it.

Ha, I coulda written this!!!

Though to be tall and slim and able to eat whatever I want could sure have it's benefits!

LOL Me too!!! But I'd give up the DDs for tall & slim anyday!! To be able to buy a bra somewhere other than VS!!! Oh yeah!!!
I guess everybody wants what they don't have. I have crazy thick hair. Everyone that cuts it always talks about what great hair I have. I would love to have that fine, thin hair my best friend from HS had!!! LOL

S
S
Mine too BR so i will be interested to hear this one. My hair is like horse hair LOL!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I'm trying a much lighter touch on the makeup since I noticed someone else's that I thought really looked good. I am just using a sheer foundation, a little bit of blush, and a light dusting of prescriptives "Magic" (light-diffusing) powder, and mascara on the top lashes only, and lip gloss when I can remember.

My secret weapon, though, has helped my thin, sparse lashes so much-- Lilash lash growth enhancer. Amazing. Ridiculously expensive, but it works.

Anyway, I think the lighter touch is younger looking. I might start using some concealer or lightener around the eyes.

I justed looked this up. Does it really work? What results have you seen? I have dark thick straight lashes.
Here is the website that I found if others are interested. http://www.lilash.com/?gclid=CIek-ryYqJoCFQWfnAodjjGL1g

Over it.
F
F
Thanks for the tip FF.

Hair care!!! What is the best conditioner out there? I have tried the world of products. My hair is naturally curly and dry.

br--my hair is thick and straight and not too dry, but out of all the conditioners I have used in my life I love the Dove product line and also a few of the Suave ones. I find that these work just as well as salon brands - even my close relative that is a beautician who does my hair uses these!! She swears that they are just as good as the ones that sell for >$10/bottle.

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
C
C
I tried the mineral powders and Chewie complained that they did not flatter my skin or make it more youthful. At a certain age, you start to require creamier foundations.

Enjoying fresh spinach this morning, microwaved. Yum! I did add some butter and "secret salt" (a blend of 1 part each of 4 different peppers and salt).

Chrysalis
C
C
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I'm trying a much lighter touch on the makeup since I noticed someone else's that I thought really looked good. I am just using a sheer foundation, a little bit of blush, and a light dusting of prescriptives "Magic" (light-diffusing) powder, and mascara on the top lashes only, and lip gloss when I can remember.

My secret weapon, though, has helped my thin, sparse lashes so much-- Lilash lash growth enhancer. Amazing. Ridiculously expensive, but it works.

Anyway, I think the lighter touch is younger looking. I might start using some concealer or lightener around the eyes.

I just looked this up. Does it really work? What results have you seen? I have dark thick straight lashes.
Here is the website that I found if others are interested. http://www.lilash.com/?gclid=CIek-ryYqJoCFQWfnAodjjGL1g

It has worked pretty dramatically for me. I didn't believe it but I was desperate. I have naturally thin, baby fine hair and sparse lashes. My lashes grew much, much longer within a few weeks.

Chrysalis
B
B
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
I am pear shaped and for a very long time was 2-3 sizes larger on the bottom that I was in the waist and on top. This made buying dresses and suits nearly impossible. Also, I had a tiny waist and larger butt and legs which made it very difficult to find pants that fit. 15 years ago, I had my hips and thighs lipsuctioned and dropped from a size 9-10 on the bottom to a 4. Liposuction is not a weight loss alternative. You have to first have dieted down as far as you can and, then, the liposuction takes care of what is called diet-resistant

Oooooohhhhhh....I am so jealous!!!

I actually have the opposite problem ~ "part" of my top half is bigger than my bottom half (only in "certain" areas and NOT because I had a boob job, it's just the way I am built...you'd think 4 pregnancies and nursing would change that, but it hasn't...neither has dieting, no matter what I stay the same in the chest area) and so I cannot wear dresses either...they NEVER fit right.

Bathing suits are also a problem unless it's the mix-and-match ones where I can get a small bottom and a large top.

My in-laws have mentioned that they may take us to Hawaii next summer...I soooo want to ask DH if I could have this done before then. I workout a lot and watch what I eat but cannot get rid of some of this.

Is it expensive? What is the recovery like?

Lipo will not solve large breasts - you need breast reduction surgery for that...Don't know how much the breast reduction costs. Back in 1994, the price for lipo was $1800 per area (matching sides - e.g., hips on both sides, is considered one area). This go around back in March, it was a little over $2000 per area. Make sure you have a good, reputable doctor as taking too much out of an area can leave you with a dip or indentation. I was quite fortunate. I used the same doctor both times...the first time I picked him out of the phone book. This go around, I picked him because of how good he was the last time. As I said, I got lucky...My next door neighbor's DIL is a plastic surgeon but only does post-cancer breast reconstruction. When I asked her about my doctor (just 3 weeks ago) she said he is the best there is in town - and we live in a very large city with a huge medical center.

For mix and match bottoms, check out Venus Swimwear - gorgeous suits, huge selection, reasonable prices and its all mix and match. I am a 32 A, so I need the mix and match for that!

H
H
Thanks for the tip FF.

Last year, when Allure did the beauty awards my box was conditioners & treatments~! Other than the Alterna & Pureology which were crazy expensive!! The ones I liked best were good ol L'Oreal Nutri Gloss and John Frieda Frizz-ease for curly hair. It save my life after moving to the south!! My hair went nuts!!!

S
S
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy

I can't hate you. My size D natural boobs won't allow it. whistle

rotflmao rotflmao

You always crack me up.

My H and i saw a show one time (i don't remember what it was about or anything) but there was a woman who was rather large chested and she was talking about giving herself a black eye with her boobs while running.

I told my H the only way i could give anyone a black eye with my boobs was to hit there head up against my chest rotflmao !!!

B
B
Originally Posted by Verve
To those that had the Lasik surgery, did it hurt? Was it very expensive? It's something that I would like to get, but I'm not sure if I could afford it.

I had the surgery 5 years ago and do not regret it one bit. It is not painful - just a little uncomfortable but not bad. Mine was $3,000, but I had REALLY bad eyesight (-6.00 in one eye, -5.5 in another and severe astigmatism) and my eye doctor is one of the ones that pioneered the surgery. I lost my close range vision but can still read without reading glasses and only use a magnifying mirror to see my face close up. When my close up vision goes, I will have the Crystalens procedure - it solves both near sighted and far sightedness.

B
B
Breakfast today:
cheese omelet (1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1/4c lowfat cheddar cheese - cooked in Pam).

For a great change, try using Eggbeaters instead of eggs and swap in feta cheese, spinach and tomatoes instead of cheddar. It sounds of gross but tastes fantastic!!!!

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation