Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
S
S
I have been using Sunsilk products here lately and they seem to help a little on my hair and make it so it is not so big.

F
F
Here are a couple of my favorite entrees for dinner:

Salmon Surprise
4 salmon fillets

GLAZE:
1 part soy sauce
1 part honey (you can have as much or as little of each of these as you prefer)
2 garlic cloves
rind of about half a lime
2 T lime juice

Mix glaze ingredients together and marinate the salmon for at least a 1/2 hour. Then grill and enjoy! Top with jalapeno/peach salsa:

3 fresh peaches, diced
Mince one jalapeno
T lime juice
t of fresh cilantro

It's wonderful and not very fattening!! We like it with asparagus and Blue Cheese potatoes.

Another one:

Pizza Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts
Top with: Pizza sauce, Roma tomatoes, mushrooms (and any other vegetable that you prefer) and Italian seasonings. Bake at around 375 for around 40 minutes until done. Then add some low fat shredded cheese, put back in the oven until melted. Delish!! Great with steamed broccoli and rice.

Does anybody remember who put up the broiled green bean recipe--I think it was posted around Easter.

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
B
B
Originally Posted by FogFree
Originally Posted by black_raven
Originally Posted by FogFree
This is a great thread!! A foundation that you ladies might like is Bare Escentuals mineral powder. It's light, covers great, and skims over any lines / wrinkles. It doesn't even look like you're wearing foundation.

I'll second that. I don't wear it everyday but like the look and lightweight feel. I bought the eye care package too but haven't tried it out yet.

Be careful with the eye powder, br--it can get VERY MESSY!! crazy But it looks good if you can get it on your eyes without smearing it under them!!

Another product to try is MAC's paint pot eye shadows. I have pretty oily skin and eyelids, and this eye shadow DOES NOT MOVE. They are a cream based shadow, but dry to a powder-like finish.

Sorry for all of the makeup statements, but I have always been a makeup fiend since I was a baby!! Makeup and hair products are two of my favorite subjects!! lashes

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you fully about the Bare Minerals shadows - they are quite messy. I used to use the Bare Mineral but switched to the Jane Iredale mineral makeup because I have rosacea and the Jane Iredale helps control it better. I cannot use the Mac paint pots because of my lash extensions (you can't use anything that is a creme base or has oil in it because it breaks down the adhesive) but love their powder shadows. This past Saturday, I attended a presentation by 2 Mac Makeup Artists at my local Macy's - I didn't learn much more than I already figured out on my own, but did learn a lot about some of their products I hadn't tried before. Many of the makeup lines offer these types of sessions - ask at your local department stores.

Another thing I use to control my rosacea and oily skin, but they have recommended products for all skin types and skin problems, is the Jan Marini products. They are a bit expensive but I can't do without them because of how clear it keeps my skin. The line also has a product similar to the LiLash mentioned on this thread for growing eyelashes. There are several lines that have these eyelash stimulators which, interestingly, started as a medicine for glaucoma. Patients were noticing how their eyelashes grew and several manufacturers started marketing the ingredient that was causing lashes to grow as eyelash stimulator. The original manufacturer of the glaucoma medicine (I want to say it was Allergen) filed suit for patent infringement - don't know whether they won or lost, but the products are still on the market and now the original manufacturer is marketing its own eyelash stimulator!!!

B
B
You all are great for starting this thread!!!! I need motivation too. Six weeks ago I found out I have pre-diabetes. It is when your blood sugar is too high but you can still do something about it and bring it back to normal again.

I have brought mine back to normal by eating no sugary foods, only fruit. THen less carbs, about 50-100 grams of carbs a day. Then mainly vegies and proteins. I lost 11 lbs or so and want to lose another 15 lbs. My blood sugar is now normal. I am starting to exercise too. I feel more energy, less moody, no food cravings. Last nite for Cinco de Mayo I made a non sugar margarita. It was good. Alcohol is sugar but the non sugar margarita did not raise my blood sugar.

Non sugar Margarita:

4 limes, squeezed
1 or 2 oranges, squeezed
2 OZ of so tequila
Two or three packets of Stevia sweetner
A splash of Margarita mix (has sugar but a splash wont hurt)

Mix all these together and blend with ice or pour over ice. Once in a while we can celebrate! Like a drink or glass of wine. With a gin and tonic, you can use diet tonic water. IO can have a drink rarely without sugar, just not all the time.

I wish that BEFORE I had the high blood sugar problem, that I had EATEN like a diabetic. You know, no sugary foods, few fatty foods, and lots of vegies, protein and few carbs. I would have been thinner, in shape, and more energy.

B
B
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
My H and i saw a show one time (i don't remember what it was about or anything) but there was a woman who was rather large chested and she was talking about giving herself a black eye with her boobs while running.

I told my H the only way i could give anyone a black eye with my boobs was to hit there head up against my chest rotflmao !!!

Shoot, with my 32 A's I couldn't even do that!!!!!!

V
V
I have very straight, very fine, silky hair, BUT i had a perm many years ago that completely fried it (note to self, do NOT perm if you have any bleach in your hair :P ) and I found that Frizz-Ease was a godsend! It was the only thing that could tame it at all.

When I was blonde, I used Redken Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner. They worked really well and weren't TERRIBLY expensive. They smell good, too. Have you tried Fresh Curls by Redken?

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
F
F
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
I tried the mineral powders and Chewie complained that they did not flatter my skin or make it more youthful. At a certain age, you start to require creamier foundations.

Enjoying fresh spinach this morning, microwaved. Yum! I did add some butter and "secret salt" (a blend of 1 part each of 4 different peppers and salt).
chrysalis, I am 48 so close to your age. I use Mary Kay mineral powder foundation and it looks great. The secret is in using good moisturizer and I use a touch of cream foundation on a couple of problem spots. I get many compliments from people about my skin these days. Most don't eve realize I have foundation on.

Faith

me: FWW/BS 52 H: FWH/BS 49
DS 30
DD 21
DS 15
OCDS 8
B
B
Hair conditioners - I have extremely baby fine hair that growns poker straight. I highlight my hair to give it body and even that doesn't help all that much! I use the Aveda line of products because they are so gentle on the hair and do a great job. They have products geared toward all hair types.

And as for you with naturally curly thick hair - I HATE YOU!!!

B
B
One other thing one of you mentioned that after two weeks sugar, salt and fat cravings go away. This is so true! Two weeks without sugary foods, huge amounts of carbs, fatty foods, fast foods, and salty foods like chips....

And voila! The food cravings are all gone. Wow!

It is worth the two weeks, to accomplish this.

V
V
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
Another thing I use to control my rosacea and oily skin, but they have recommended products for all skin types and skin problems, is the Jan Marini products. They are a bit expensive but I can't do without them because of how clear it keeps my skin.

I have dry, sensitive skin and it's hard for me to find a good cleanser and moisturizer. Most are for oily skin. However, while I was pregnant I found one that I LOVE. It's at Bath and Body Works and it's by C.O. Bigalow. I use the cleanser, the Rosewater tonic, and the moisturizer. I've never had anything help my skin so much. It looks smoother and it's definitely less dry.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
M
M
Lipo will not solve large breasts - you need breast reduction surgery for that...Don't know how much the breast reduction costs.

Oh no, I don't want anything done to "solve" my large breasts, I am sure DH would NEVER go for that, LOL!

Thanks for the info on lipo though...it's certainly something I would love to have. I work so hard but am very frustrated about some areas...too bad my H doesn't agree! Hahahaha!

Thanks for the tips on the swimwear, I'll check that out!

Oh...and to those of you who have thick hair...haev you tried having it thinned? I have a LOT of hair as well, and when it was long it wasn't a problem because the weight made it not so "big"...but now that it is shorter, I have it "thinned" out everytime I get it cut. It looks great and makes a huge difference.

My hair is cut in a "graduated bob" (I believe that is what it's called, anyways!)...shorter and choppy and just above my neckline in the back, longer in the front, to just under my chin.

This is a great haircut if you have thick hair like I do. My hair is also wavy but I use a flat iron to smooth it out and it works great.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
F
F
Sounds like you and I have the EXACT same haircut, MF!!

cool

I have to have mine texturized also to help thin it out some. That's a problem that I don't mind having, though!

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
M
M
What does "texturized" mean??? Never heard of that...

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

F
F
It's where they use those weird looking scissors (lots of little teeth on them) and they run it through different spots in your hair so that it's not really noticeable. I think they are also called thinning shears.

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
G
G
Thats a great weight loss so far, well done. I have my weigh in tomorrow morning so i am hoping there will be another couple of pounds gone. Will let you know how i get on smile

2 kids S 20 and D 16
M
M
Will let you know how i get on

Hey now, no need to bring up your sex life. wink

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

G
G
What sex life? sigh smile

Last edited by GABZZ; 05/06/09 01:27 PM.

2 kids S 20 and D 16
S
S
Originally Posted by Still_Crazy
My H and i saw a show one time (i don't remember what it was about or anything) but there was a woman who was rather large chested and she was talking about giving herself a black eye with her boobs while running.

I told my H the only way i could give anyone a black eye with my boobs was to hit there head up against my chest rotflmao !!!

Shoot, with my 32 A's I couldn't even do that!!!!!!

rotflmao rotflmao

BB that is what i am too but i think if we hit them hard enough we MIGHT be able to black their eye LOL!!

S
S
I have tried getting my hair thinned out but then the little pieces stick out every where.

My hair is thick, coarse, and wavy so if it is humid or rainy at all my goodness i call it my hair helmet.

My ODD uses the frizz-ease serum and it works well for her but not so much for me.

Last edited by Still_Crazy; 05/06/09 01:39 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
Breakfast today:
cheese omelet (1 egg, 2 egg whites, 1/4c lowfat cheddar cheese - cooked in Pam).

For a great change, try using Eggbeaters instead of eggs and swap in feta cheese, spinach and tomatoes instead of cheddar. It sounds of gross but tastes fantastic!!!!
I love all that stuff. I was just using what was in the fridge.

Went for a one hour walk with hubby down by the river with our two dogs. Our poor labrador is limping because hubby took her and ran her for 30 minutes of the walk. I had the boston terrier. It finally stopped raining. Came back and had some grilled summer squash and whole wheat pasta with broccoli and a no-fat alfredo sauce concoction. I should probably go to the market soon. LOL

My clothes are suddenly getting big. dance2

Over it.
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 500 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation