Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
Originally Posted by Monc
Circumcision is the same thing as that barbaric practice...but we do it in this country.

No. It is NOT the same.

The clitoris is the female equivalent of the penis.

Circumcision cuts the protective sheath away from the penis. Mostly done to prevent infection but sometimes for religious reasons.

The protective sheath around the penis is the male equivalent of the labia.

I am not an advocate of circumcision but it is nowhere near like the barbaric practice of excising a clitoris. And then sewing the vagina together, barely leaving room for the child to void her bladder.

Charlotte

Wrong. The clitoris and the foreskin are the same function and area of skin. The entirety of the female inner and outer labia is like the penis shaft in terms of just being generally sensative flesh. The clitoris and the foreskin are both packed with the highest concentration of nerve endings. Cutting either away is exactly the same thing.

Now there are also different types of female mutilation/cutting. Some are only the clitoris, others leave it alone and some take both labia and clitoris.

I'm simply pointing out that circumsion DOES remove the same nerve endings that exist in the clitoris.

Circumcision also has limited value in reducing any disease. The research behind it shows no enhancement to health for the tradeoff.

Last edited by Monc; 05/06/09 09:35 PM.

BH me-26
WW -26
married 3 Yrs together 6 yrs
DDay Jan 2009
Plan A/Planning B
D Coming Jul 8th 2009
D
D
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
Circumcision is the same thing as that barbaric practice...but we do it in this country.

No. It is NOT the same.

The clitoris is the female equivalent of the penis.

Circumcision cuts the protective sheath away from the penis. Mostly done to prevent infection but sometimes for religious reasons.

The protective sheath around the penis is the male equivalent of the labia.

I am not an advocate of circumcision but it is nowhere near like the barbaric practice of excising a clitoris. And then sewing the vagina together, barely leaving room for the child to void her bladder.

Charlotte

Wrong. The clitoris and the foreskin are the same function and area of skin. The entirety of the female inner and outer labia is like the penis shaft in terms of just being generally sensative flesh. The clitoris and the foreskin are both packed with the highest concentration of nerve endings. Cutting either away is exactly the same thing.

Now there are also different types of female mutilation/cutting. Some are only the clitoris, others leave it alone and some take both labia and clitoris.

I'm simply pointing out that circumsion DOES remove the same nerve endings that exist in the clitoris.

Circumcision also has limited value in reducing any disease. The research behind it shows no enhancement to health for the tradeoff.

The clitoris IS a little penis. Haven't you ever seen one erect?

Charlotte

L
L
The female clitoris is homologous to the male penis. It has 18 parts some of which you can see-like the glans or tip, inner lips (called labia minora in medicalese) and the hood, which is equivalent to the foreskin in men. Then there are parts that you can feel, such as the shaft a cord about an inch long that is attached to the glans, and the urethral sponge which you can feel through the roof of the vagina. Additionally, there are muscles, blood vessels, and nerves which you cannot feel, but which are essential in causing orgasmThe organ is formed out of corpus cavernosum, which is a rich collection of capillary tissue with a substantial presence of nerve tissue, particularly well-suited for sexual stimulation. Embryologically, the clitoris comes from the same tissue that forms the male penis. The visible portion of the clitoris is entirely or partially covered by a "hood" of tissue (the prepuce) that is homologous to the foreskin in males. The trigger for forming a penis instead of a clitoris is the action of testosterone in utero.Before eight weeks of pregnancy, the genitals all appear to be female. At about eight weeks, the male fetuses begin to produce testosterone which causes the genitals to be rearranged to form the penis. None of this tissue disappears in the female fetuses, and consequently, the parts of the clitoris and penis are similar, just arranged differently.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
R
R
Having looked into this extensively, there are different degrees of female circumcision. Some remove only the clitoral hood, which is the same part as the foreskin, and has similar result, mainly lessening of sensation, removal of protection of the delicate organ leading the skin to harden and dry out where it should be moist and sensitive.

But in some places they remove the whole clitoris, sometimes all the inner labia and/or stitch the vagina together leaving a tiny opening for menstruation. This is like removing the penis completely and is not the same.

That said I'm completely against routine infant circumcision, I don't see how its any different from forcing a girl to have her clitoral hood removed. I don't believe we have the right to alter another person's body.

Last edited by Rosycheeks; 05/07/09 06:00 AM.

Me: 32
H: 35
Married 9 years, together 12.
Two little girls, 7 and 3.
B
B
I think this will get you there, Charlotte:
http://ncr-iran.org/content/view/6293/1/
If not, try searching like this: "23 year old woman executed Iran"

edited, wrong link above, story about Saudi princess below:
http://frontlineclub.com/events/2009/05/anthony-thomas-presents---death-of-a-princess.html

And another attempt to provide a link, to info about the movie "The Stoning" type in
stoning - the movie.com

pretty depressing and scary. This is Sharia law.

Last edited by Bellevue; 05/07/09 09:17 AM.

Belle, Domestic Goddess
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation