Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
To all of you mothers here on MB, who have suffered or are suffering, may God RICHLY bless you on this special day. May your children call you "Blessed". May they honor you for the rest of your life.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 05/08/09 09:30 AM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Amen PM!

Happy Mother's Day all you Mom's!

You deserve more than just 1 day off that's for sure but hope it's a blessed one!

D
D
Thank you! And Happy Mother's Day everyone!!

btw...my DD made me the cutest gift in preschool yesterday! I got all teary eyed. And then she and FWH made me some awesome cards too! flirt

B
B
Happy Mother's Day!!!

Those darn little people can drive us nuts at times but we are so lucky and blessed.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
V
V
I luv being a mom ......

Happy Mother's Day dance2

to all of you, and to my own sweet mom, she's the best!

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

M
M
Thanks PM!!! hug

Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful moms here! dance2

I just returned from dd9's school where they gave us a "Mother's Day Tea"...It was SOOOOOOOO wonderful and sweet...Complete with songs, poems, a computer slide show AND the sweetest notepad with her picture on it that says "I Love You, Mom!" in HOT PINK! So, so sweet...I don't even want to use the paper...I want to keep it FOREVER!

I am also reminded of what an incredible mom that I have...One that stood up against my adultery, stood by Mr. W and helped to end my affair...My mom held strong to her morals and convictions and helped save our family from me...What a blessing she is...smile

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Happy Mothers Day to all you mom's/grandma's!

Especially you Drgnfly, and all you BS's who, like her, are great mom's despite everything going on around/to you. You are all true heroes and deserve more than just one day of praise!

Last edited by Skald; 05/08/09 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
G
G
A BIG OL' hug TO ALL THE MOM'S OUT THERE!

This is my second Mother's day, but it's still going to be very special!! I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

hurray dance2 clap

K
K
A big hug to my grandmother. She is who I consider my mother, after all.

I used to get sad this time of year and shout things at the television when Wheel of Fortune had its Mother's Week.

All thanks to a mum who doesn't give a sh&@ about me.

So therefore I do not know at all what a Mother's Day should be like.

I already gave my grandmother a gift though. smile

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
S
S
Originally Posted by MrsWondering
I am also reminded of what an incredible mom that I have...One that stood up against my adultery, stood by Mr. W and helped to end my affair...My mom held strong to her morals and convictions and helped save our family from me...What a blessing she is...smile

Mrs. W

Everytime I see you post this, I just want to say: I LOVE YOUR MOM!!!!

I wish I could say the same about my in-laws that Mr. W. can say. Unfortunately, my in-laws were willing to let FWH destroy his soul and his children in the process. But I am sure Mr. W knows what a blessing your mom was to you, him and DD!

Happily married to HerPapaBear

M
M
Originally Posted by sexymamabear
Originally Posted by MrsWondering

Mrs. W

Everytime I see you post this, I just want to say: I LOVE YOUR MOM!!!!

I wish I could say the same about my in-laws that Mr. W. can say. Unfortunately, my in-laws were willing to let FWH destroy his soul and his children in the process. But I am sure Mr. W knows what a blessing your mom was to you, him and DD!

Thank you, SMB! I'm so sorry that your inlaws didn't stand by you as they should have.

My mom truly is incredible...And yes, she and Mr. W are very close - they always were, but I think it's an even stronger bond now...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

L
L
Thank PM,
I have high hopes for tomorrow (its already Saturday for me) but it's already starting to go bad frown

Please God, let tommorrow be a good mothers day for me pray

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
J
J
Happy Mother's Day to you all! So many of you inspire me.

Mrs W., your mama definitely inspires me. From where I'm sitting, she's a rarity. Keeps hope alive though!

LIFE IS GOOD
S
S
Hello to all the beautiful mothers here! Wishing you all a wonderful mother's day filled with joy and happiness despite the things that you may be going through!

My hat's off to all of you!

Happy Mother's day! smile

A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge.
Thomas Carlyle
L
L
FOR ALL THE MOMS...

This is for all the mothers who DIDN'T win Mother of the Year in 2008. All the runners-up and all the wannabes. The mothers too tired to enter or too busy to care.

This is for all the mothers who froze their buns off on metal bleachers at football games Friday night instead of watching from cars, so that when their kids asked, "Did you see my tackle?" they could say, "Of course, wouldn't have missed it for the world"...and mean it.

This is for all the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers in their arms, wiping up barf, laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry Kool-Aid saying, "It's okay honey, Mommy's here."

This is for all the mothers of Darfur who fled in the night and can't find their children.

This is for all the mothers of the victims of the latest school shooting and the mother of the shooter. For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from school, safely.

For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T.

What makes a good mother anyway? Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby, cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time? Or is it heart? The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2 a.m. to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby? The need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when you hear news of a school shooting, a fire, a car accident, a baby dying?

I think so.

This is for reading "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a year. And then reading it again..."Just one more time."

This is for all the mothers who mess up. Who yell at their kids in despair in the grocery store.

This is for all the mothers who taught their daughters to tie their shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted for Velcro instead.

For all the mothers who bite their lips--sometimes until they bleed--when their 14-year-olds dye their hair green. Who lock themselves in the bathroom when babies keep crying when you put them to bed and won't stop.

This is for all the mothers who show up at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and diapers in their purse.

This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot. This is for all mothers whose heads turn automatically when a little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring are at home.

This is for mothers who put pinwheels and teddy bears on their children's graves.

This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find the words to reach them. This is for all the mothers who sent their sons to school with stomach aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them up. Right away.

This is for young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation. And mature mothers learning to let go. For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers. Single mothers and married mothers. Mothers with money, mothers without.

This is for you all.

today'sTHOT============================

Measure your wealth not by the things you have, but by the things you have for which you would not take money.

=======================================

L
L
FWIW I hate mothers day, 44 minutes in, 23 and a half hours to go......

V
V
Originally Posted by lildoggie
FWIW I hate mothers day, 44 minutes in, 23 and a half hours to go......
lil, I'm sorry that this is not a good day for you. ((((lil))))

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

L
L
Originally Posted by lildoggie
FOR ALL THE MOMS...

...This is for you all.
Thank you, Lil. It's perfect.

P.S. Thinking of you. (((((Lil)))))

Me (FWW): 45
BH: 46
M: 11/94
PA: 2/08 (4 mos)
Confessed: 10/08
DS10
DD8
G
G
I have been able to give my adult children a gift that they will never know about. My FWH's mantra for over thirty years was that the best gift a father can give his children is to love their mother. Somehow that mantra became silenced over his three-year A. Almost immediately on D-day, I knew that I never wanted our children to suffer the agony of the truth. That, however, would be dependent upon the WH. I am thankful on this Mother's Day that NC was established and that my WH immediately became a remorseful, dedicated-to-recovery FWH. (Even Steve Harvey agreed that in our particular situation non-disclosure to our children seemed best.) While FWH is not a poster here on MB, he has read many of your wise postings about how waywards go about actively participating in a life-long recovery process. For all of you out there who help daily in our recovery, Happy Mother's Day.

D-Day EA 11/29/08
D-Day PA 12/12/08

P
OP Offline
P
Somehow that mantra became silenced over his three-year A.

Your children didn't notice something was "off"? Are you sure? Maybe they just didn't discuss their own suspicions with you?

ETA: Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Last edited by princessmeggy; 05/10/09 05:12 PM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation