Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
M
M
You are a brave soul! Do you think those teachers keep a catalog of all the special pictures? What's up with that? I had my husband take some special pictures of me (without my face) and I have sent them to him at random times in text messages. He loves them.

"Brave soul" is right, LOL!

I don't think they keep copies of them because he gets them all back...I suppose they could make copies, but I'm not that worried. We will probably choose pics in which you cannot see my face, anyhow.

FWH has asked me to text special pics of myself to him too, so I took some of myself (not an easy task!) a while ago and he loves them as well....so much so that recently he told me some new ones would be fun.

Guess I should do that at some point...just haven't gotten around to it. Soon, though...very soon.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
C
C
What a great thread! I'd like to work in this area a litte more- I'm up 22 lbs from when my hubby and I got together.

Things I already do. Hair is thin and fine but it's longer because that is the way hubby likes it. I mostly trim my own bangs and color myself- it's a golden blonde. I do have gel nails- but I had them before I met DH. He loves for me to scratch his head- and I cannot grow them- so he doesn't mind paying for that little expense. I get pedicures every now and then- not all the time- probably every two months.

He found out yesterday he's pre diabetic so whatever diet he goes on I'm going to go on as well. We're also about to start exercising more. We were doing it for a bit and then got out of the habit.

I used to wear Bare Essentuals but I thought that it was aging me and I started with a lighter liquid foundation. During the week I keep it pretty simple- foundation, blush, mascara and some lip gloss. I do up my eyes normally on the weekend. I try to dress stylish- or as much as I can on our budget but I've got cute clothes from last summer I cannot wear anymore due to the weight gain. I don't use any special shampoos or conditioners.

What about fragrance- anyone really into that here? I always like to smell good- every day. I have gotten three new scents over the last several months for summer (mother's day etc)- they are Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Moonlight Sparkle by Escada and Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna.

I've been changing up my eating some- no chips- sodas- or candy lately. Not much change in the scale but it will be once I start exercising again.

M
M
Last minute change in plans...FWH has to go about an hour away to a supplier's office and has asked me to go with him...he'll be calling soon to tell me when he will be here, so I'm getting ready now...will still try to make it to the gym this afternoon if we are back in time, however!

A little unexpected UA time is always a good, fun thing!

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

J
J
Since I lost 20 lbs. on the affair diet, I am now a 8-10 on bottom but a 36DDD on top! NOT fair! Those things do not look pretty after nursing two kids. They just never get smaller unless they get longer and flatter, lol!

BS(me)45 yrs.
WH 48
married 23
son, 17, son, 8
daughter in heaven
dday 1-22-09
M
M
Hey, I could swear I read someone on this thread say that they had the "InStyler"...I've looked and can't seem to find the post, but if it is one of y'all I'd love to know if you like it before I order it to use on dd and I...Also, I wonder if it is in any stores or do you actually have to do the mail order thing?

THANKS Ladies!

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by coachswife
What a great thread! I'd like to work in this area a litte more- I'm up 22 lbs from when my hubby and I got together.

Things I already do. Hair is thin and fine but it's longer because that is the way hubby likes it. I mostly trim my own bangs and color myself- it's a golden blonde. I do have gel nails- but I had them before I met DH. He loves for me to scratch his head- and I cannot grow them- so he doesn't mind paying for that little expense. I get pedicures every now and then- not all the time- probably every two months.

He found out yesterday he's pre diabetic so whatever diet he goes on I'm going to go on as well. We're also about to start exercising more. We were doing it for a bit and then got out of the habit.

I used to wear Bare Essentuals but I thought that it was aging me and I started with a lighter liquid foundation. During the week I keep it pretty simple- foundation, blush, mascara and some lip gloss. I do up my eyes normally on the weekend. I try to dress stylish- or as much as I can on our budget but I've got cute clothes from last summer I cannot wear anymore due to the weight gain. I don't use any special shampoos or conditioners.

What about fragrance- anyone really into that here? I always like to smell good- every day. I have gotten three new scents over the last several months for summer (mother's day etc)- they are Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Moonlight Sparkle by Escada and Light Blue by Dolce and Gabanna.

I've been changing up my eating some- no chips- sodas- or candy lately. Not much change in the scale but it will be once I start exercising again.
I'm back. I had to put some perfume on.... I like to wear Alure in warm weather and Obsession in the cold weather. Have worn them for years as signature scents. Hubby has always liked the way that I smell. I often forget to put anything on so thanks for the reminder. I guess that is why my perfumes last so long.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/13/09 08:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Over it.
C
C
I have to talk about my LiLash again. I was visiting DD22 in NY and she froze in mid-sentence to express shock at my long eyelashes! I think they've grown at least a quarter inch, she thought more. Great stuff. I'm still on my first tube, thank goodness.

Chrysalis
S
OP Offline
S
How long before you noticed a difference?

Over it.
G
G
I want some of that!!!! Can it be bought over the Internet? I havn't heard of it in Ireland. lashes

As for perfumes i like .....hmmmm where do i start!
Channel Alure
Eternity
Dolce & Gabanna
Jean Paul Gautier
There are lots more that i love but i just cannot think of the names at the moment smile

2 kids S 20 and D 16
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by GABZZ
I want some of that!!!! Can it be bought over the Internet? I havn't heard of it in Ireland. lashes

As for perfumes i like .....hmmmm where do i start!
Channel Alure
Eternity
Dolce & Gabanna
Jean Paul Gautier
There are lots more that i love but i just cannot think of the names at the moment smile

I have found it on the internet but haven't bought it yet.
http://www.lilash.com/

Gabzz,
How is your walking and healthy eating going? When do you weigh in again?

Over it.
C
C
I would say 3-4 weeks before I noticed a difference. Yes, it is an internet purchase.
After 6 weeks or so of daily use, you just use it a few times a week. Paint it on like eyeliner.

Chrysalis
F
F
As for fragrance, I love Clinique Happy, Victoria's Secret Very Sexy, and Dolce and Gabbana's The One. MyRev likes clean scents, so I go with what he likes!

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the reminder about the scents. My hubby came home for lunch and noticed that I smelled nice. He took an extra long lunch. blush

Over it.
F
F
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
Thanks for the reminder about the scents. My hubby came home for lunch and noticed that I smelled nice. He took an extra long lunch. blush

You GO, girl!!! hurray

dance2

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
M
M
Well I never made it to the gym yesterday, we had a couple of beers at lunch and I was beat by the time I got home...so napped instead. smile

I'll hit the gym this morning instead. I'll walk there and back to get a little extra oomph in my WO.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

S
OP Offline
S
I never worked out yesterday either. frown I did eat healthy and stayed within my calories. Got sidetracked during the day and had a couple of beers with dinner and didn't want to work out after that. Today is a new day though. Have had a bowl of cereal and black coffee for breakfast. Going to clean up the house and then run/walk the dog. Will be pretty and smell good for lunch with hubby. He's coming home again today. Going to color my hair at home this morning, give myself a facial, and have third laser hair removal treatment today. Going to the gym after work with hubby.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/14/09 08:01 AM.

Over it.
V
V
Oooh, FogFree, I loooove Victoria's Secret Very Sexy! That's one of my faves. I also like Sandalwood Rose by Bath and Body Works, but they have discontinued it :-(. It smelled sooo good. I wear those two more than anything, but Warm Vanilla Sugar from Victoria's Secret is good also. I also like Poison by Christian Dior, but I never have the money to purchase that. ;-)

Edit: It's actually Vanilla Lace from Victoria's Secret...Ooops. I do like Warm Vanilla Sugar from B&B Works though.

Last edited by Verve; 05/14/09 07:25 PM.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the reminder again. I have the Warm Vanilla Sugar splash from bath and body works in my cabinet. It is yummy too. I need a spritz.

Over it.
C
C
I faltered yesterday a little bit on my eating- today it's right back to trying to eat healthy. I still haven't had any chocolate in a few days- which is a miracle for me.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by coachswife
I faltered yesterday a little bit on my eating- today it's right back to trying to eat healthy. I still haven't had any chocolate in a few days- which is a miracle for me.
I used to love chocolate and have a candy bar pretty regularly. I can't remember the last time I had one. I know that I haven't had any sweets or even cravings since d-day. My appetite is just now coming back. Lemonade from the lemons I guess.

Over it.
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,139 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation