Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
K
K
My H and I are already divorced, but I just found this thread...I started with Prism (weight loss) two weeks ago, am losing weight (goal: 33 lbs). I have two Siberian Huskys (totaling 120 lbs) I walk twice a day, so that's forced exercise I can't get out of! smile My goal isn't so much about looks as it is stamina, I want quality of life and am looking forward to losing "the pack" so I can hike easier! Doing the right thing is definitely an esteem booster, something all of us BS can use!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
H
H
I not only did Prism, but I ended up being a leader for about a year and a half. What a great program! Definitely helps you on the inside and out. I lost nearly 40 pounds. Gained back a few over the years, but when I went back to following the basic principles again coupled withe the A crap, I'm down to nearly my Prism low.

And last night I had my first pole dancing class. What fun! And to clarify -- it was a closed class with my sisters and sister-in-law and a few friends. No outsiders.

The class meets once a week for 8 weeks. The instructor says that at the end, we will be able to swing upside down and do a whole routine. Each of us have our own pole during class to learn the moves.

Just sad that I'm the only one not able to "practice" at home since WH is gone.

But -- never know. Might come in handy for the next Mr. Holyheart!!!

I'll keep you guys posted.

B
B
Scents - Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar when I go out. For everyday use I'll use Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar body spray. Most days I usually forget though. But I use Palmar's cocoa butter lotion just about everyday I still have a light sweet scent. Kids and hubby love it. I also really like the Bliss lemon and sage body butter and Origin's Ginger Souffle. Bliss can be very price but you can find some of their products at TJ Maxx sometimes and Origin's has discount outlets.

Last edited by black_raven; 05/15/09 06:14 AM. Reason: correct product name

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
V
V
I use Vaseline brand cocoa butter lotion. It smells so good! The best body lotion that I've ever found I got at a tanning salon. It makes my skin feel fabulous! It was rather pricey though, but the bottle has lasted me about two years. I can even use it on my face and it doesn't make me greasy or anything.

Now that I think about it, I need to get some more. It's the best!

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
S
OP Offline
S
That reminds me about my favorite lotion that I use everyday that smells and feels so good: Jaqua Buttercream Frosting body butter. I love this stuff!

I got my armpits, etc. lasered yesterday and there is no stubble this morning! The pits really hurt though - ouch! I ran/walked a 5k by the river with hubby after work yesterday. We took the same route as our scheduled race for Saturday. I ran every other light pole. Hubby took me out to dinner afterwards and I ordered a mexican shrimp cocktail. It was so good that I found a recipe online to share: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican-Shrimp-Cocktail/Detail.aspx
The one that I ordered did not have a whole avocado. It just had a sliced wedge as a garnish.

Today, I had a smoothie for breakfast. Planning to have turkey burgers for lunch and pasta for dinner (running tomorrow). For exercise, I am going to walk dog for an hour and we will probably go latin/swing dancing tonight. Love getting dressed up for the dancing. There is a YMCA that hosts ballroom dancing in our area on Friday nights. They have lessons too. Looking forward to the weekend!

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/15/09 04:47 AM.

Over it.
F
F
For everyday scents, I also love the Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena--makes me feel like I've been to a spa at the ocean!!

Vows4Good and HH--what is Prism?? I've never heard of it!

FWW me 43
BH 48
DSD 29
DSS 24
DGD 9
DGS 5
M 4/22/95
DDay 7/25/07
NC 7/26/07 broken on 7/30/07--NC since
Email: myrevfogfree@yahoo.com
S
OP Offline
S
Lifetime has a new show called Cook Yourself Thin. If you are in the US Central time zone it is on right now.
Here is a link to recipes for those interested that don't have it locally:
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/cook-yourself-thin

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/15/09 01:44 PM.

Over it.
H
H
FF,
Prism is a weight loss program founded on Christian principles, honesty, and discipline. The program incorporates daily readings, affirmations, weekly meetings, food diary, and food guidelines like calorie limits and food choices. The program is broken down into six week segments. The meetings are often held at a church.

What I loved best about the program were the readings. Here are some of the topics since I just so happen to have my binder in a drawer next to my computer: The Subtle Methods of Self-Sabotage; Co-Dependency: Reacting vs. Responding; The Foundation of Your Identity; The Positive Results of the Truth; The Problem of Immediate Gradification; Identifying the Level of Your Addiction.

Hummm....if I didn't know better, I'd think these topics came straight out of SAA or another affair book instead of Prism.

Goes to show you the similarities with addictions -- whether it be alcohol or drugs or sex or food or OP....

I first started Prism in 2003 when my only concern in life was losing weight. It would probably be of great benefit if I reread the Prism material to keep me on course diet wise and to boost my self-confidence damaged by the affair.

And I really got into the program when I first began it. The chart in my binder shows that in the first four months following Prism, I had lost 30 pounds with 36 being the most I was down during the program.

M 25 yrs, 3 teens
Dday 12/07
5ish False Recoveries (all in 2008)
12/08 WH moves in w/OW, her kids
Plan B/D/FU -- depending on the day
He files 1/09; D final 12/2012
"I'm moving on"
J
J
Finally took the time to sit & read this entire thread. I'm glad I did. I've got both kids gone for the weekend and until about an hour ago I had a real itch for some misbehavin'

Reading all this is inspiring, motivating, and thought provoking. One thing STBXH NEVER complained about was my appearance. But I was so insecure that it didn't matter. He'd (try to) build me up but I was wallowing. Anyway, in the past year, including while he was back home briefly, I really did "let myself go"! I was frumpy & excessively casual and generally unkept. Weird, because I swear to you all, in the last year, I've also been the happiest I've ever been with ME. Thought provoking indeed. I still teeter between avid-jogger and total couch potato. I still don't have real, true motivation.

But I can chime in on a few things. First, Chrysalis, did you buy your Lilash from the website? I found it cheaper on Amazon ($124) and cheaper yet on eBay ($109) but haven't decided yet if I'll splurge.

I'm such a sucker for marketing. I don't watch much TV but I always seem to catch infomercials and/or the shopping channels. So here's what I've got.

10-Minute Trainer, as mentioned before, though I haven't even tried all the videos yet!

For my hair, which is not problematic but I want what's best for it, I bought Wen. Yep, infomercial. While using it, I wasn't so convinced. But once it was gone & I refused to spend the money again, my hair looked & felt like crap. So I do plan to buy it again, and maybe alternate with another store-bought brand to stretch the dollars.

My nails have always grown really well but they got bad after I did tips once. I had good results with Qtica which goes on as a polish and Pro Strong which is a few different "treatments". It's fluoride-based and works WONDERS. QVC sells it. Go figure, I'm a horse person - have the hoof stuff for my horse, but buy the other stuff for me!

Another thing QVC sells that's always intrigued (but not yet hooked!) me is this facial exerciser, the Facial Flex. It's pretty convincing! For now I tell myself I'm still young enough that I don't need it but what a great way to avoid the surgeries & bags & sags & wrinkles, etc!

I've tried just about every diet there is but the truth is I just don't wanna get there yet. I say I do, but obviously I don't. I'm the heaviest I've ever been right now and apparently not bothered enough to do something. Anyway, the best one I did was the Fat Smash Diet. I lost 19 lbs & felt/looked GREAT. I may do it again sometime, if I feel like it.

Sorry so long. I like this idea. Keep up the good work, you ladies are doing great!!

LIFE IS GOOD
C
C
I **think** I bought LiLash from the website. They runs sales from time to time and I think I caught one.

Chrysalis
J
J
Just saw a commercial this morning for a prescription called Latisse! Will do a bit more research/comparison but was pretty excited my Dr. could potentially help with this. How cool!

LIFE IS GOOD
B
B
Ok you curly frizz heads, I'm going to try a new salon relaxer and will report back later in the week with the results if I can get an appt early this week.

***please oh please oh please - fingers crossed***

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
M
M
When we lived in SoCal there was a professional Japanese Hair Straightening school near us who needed models to teach the process...I got a $700.00 treatment done for FREE, it was awesome!

It did not damage my hair at all, in fact it looked and felt healthier afterwards than before. I can't remember the name...I'll see if I can find it.

Just found it: Yuko is the name of the one I had done. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by MarriedForever; 05/18/09 06:42 AM.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
OP Offline
S
I am having a tough day. So today, I need to get cleaned up and pretty for me. Husband will have to enjoy it as a fringe benefit when I meet him for lunch. I am going to soak in the tub and put some really great smelling lotion on afterwards. I am going to take extra time on my hair and face. I am going to wear my skinny jeans since they now fit and my favorite top. I think I will even bring out the "good jewelry" and add some sparkle. I am just not feeling very sparkly today. Need to baby myself. It is a beautiful sunny day here. The rain has finally stopped so I might sit out in my backyard for some extra feel good. I will have plenty of sunblock on to protect my fair skin. Today we have plans to run by the river after work.

Last edited by stillstanding2; 05/18/09 06:52 AM.

Over it.
M
M
Are you getting ready to start that TOM?

I am so I kind of feel the same way. Add bloated and crampy to your description above, however.

I'm heading to the gym in a few minutes...that usually makes me feel better. Then I have a boring day of finishing packing up for our camping trip this weekend, and also continuing packing our house for our upcoming move. Oh, and gocery shopping.

Lame, boring day. BLECH.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
Are you getting ready to start that TOM?

I am so I kind of feel the same way. Add bloated and crampy to your description above, however.

I'm heading to the gym in a few minutes...that usually makes me feel better. Then I have a boring day of finishing packing up for our camping trip this weekend, and also continuing packing our house for our upcoming move. Oh, and gocery shopping.

Lame, boring day. BLECH.
Lame boring day are good! I just have a touch of trickle truth flu. I want to keep this thread positive so I won't whine anymore. I lost another pound. That makes 30 now. Had a Subway sandwich with hubby at lunch. Got complimented on my new jeans (smallest in my closet). I am going to need to go shopping soon! We are going to go for a practice run tonight by the river. We ran a 5k over the weekend and my time was 4 minutes faster. Today will be a good day to push a little harder. Hopefully that will help with my funky mood.

Over it.
B
B
It must be a day for the humdrums....I was very good all day - ran, worked out with my trainer, ate well. Then I discovered XBF is no longer active on the online dating site on which we met, which means he has another "victim" on the line....and that was all she wrote. I'm not a drinker, but the wine is open and Dominoes is on the way. I have jury duty tomorrow....maybe I'll meet someone there. This trying to date post-divorce at the ripe old age of 48 is lousy.

B
B
You hang in there BB! You did good today. I got married at 45 so do not feel alone. I am 54 now. Today my H brought me to the gym and i worked out for an hour and then he picked me up. i want to do this three times a week if I can.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
It must be a day for the humdrums....I was very good all day - ran, worked out with my trainer, ate well. Then I discovered XBF is no longer active on the online dating site on which we met, which means he has another "victim" on the line....and that was all she wrote. I'm not a drinker, but the wine is open and Dominoes is on the way. I have jury duty tomorrow....maybe I'll meet someone there. This trying to date post-divorce at the ripe old age of 48 is lousy.

I love pizza. It is definitely a tough temptation. But, if you order the veggie thin crust medium, it is 215 calories per slice. Red wine is rich in anti-oxidants. Sounds like a fine dinner to me. wink

Over it.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Bubbles4U
You hang in there BB! You did good today. I got married at 45 so do not feel alone. I am 54 now. Today my H brought me to the gym and i worked out for an hour and then he picked me up. i want to do this three times a week if I can.
Have you thought about working out together? It is nice to spend the time together doing healthy things.

Over it.
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,183 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation