Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MyBad Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Original NC letter (of which I read and approved) went out in Aug of 2006.
OW replied to this and threaten me that I better not mess up because she would take him back in a heartbeat cuz she believe he really did love her puke

We didn’t hear anything until 1 year later.
Sept of 2007, OW sends SD and invite to myspace.
I blocked it and told FWH
One week later FWH gets a phone text “Hi its OW just wonderin how ur doin – phone#”
He tells me right away (One more positive step toward recovery)
FWH & I decide to send NC letter #2

This one read:
OW I asked you to respect my decision and never contact me or my family ever again. Your recent myspace invite to SD was blocked. I told my wife about the text. Do not reply to this email, you have been blocked. Do not call, do not write and do not show up. If I have missed any ways for NC consider them included. You are not welcome here physically, virtually or otherwise EVER. If you continue to try and contact me I will pursue harassment charges against you.

That was the last we heard anything…until I opened my email yesterday and there was a classmates email the FWH had one email waiting. (This is an old account that has long been expired but we still get mail from them wanting FWH to sign on for another year. Also we can’t even access the email other than to see who it was from.)
Can you guess who it was from? That’s right…OW rises again.
I have to say EVERYTHING came rushing back! I thought I would be sick!
I guess I thought after three years of recovery for FWH and I that I wouldn’t have to worry about it anymore.

This was an internet affair that went from March of 2006 to June of 2006. There was only one face to face encounter because of the 500 mile distance between them.
I guess I just don’t understand. Maybe someone here can lay it out for me.
What is it going to take to make OW go away?
Thoughts?

MyBad
“Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.” – Janis Joplin

S
S
Contact a lawyer about filing harrassment charges. That IS what you told her would happen.

At the LEAST, have lawyer draft a letter that if any further contact is attempted, harrassment charges will be filed.

Happily married to HerPapaBear

M
MyBad Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Sexy.
Everytime I start letting go of all the BS, OW pops up.
I'm really just sick of it yanno?

MyBad

D
D
Why don't you change FWH's number and email addresses? You can also put blocks up on the email so anything with her name or other info automatically gets permanently deleted and you'll never have to see it again. Stop any means of contact before it can happen.

You can also block her on MySpace, so she can't access your pages.

J
J
I agree with this. You have to make yourself and the FWH unaccessible. Change the phone#, email accounts, etc. Block her from any sites to frequent...Myspace, Facebook, etc. Use the auto-delete on your email accounts.

Most of all, if she gets through your "defenses", don't contact her. NC means NC....not even for you or FWH.

And, if you don't let her know that she's gotten through then she'll never know.

Me46
FWH42
Married 19 yrs
EA 4/07 - 4/08
(Confirmed by polygraph that it had not gone PA)
Dday1 4/13/08
Dday2 8/8/08
S26
S16
D10
Trying to Recover
H
H
Originally Posted by MyBad
OW I asked you to respect my decision and never contact me or my family ever again. Your recent myspace invite to SD was blocked. I told my wife about the text. Do not reply to this email, you have been blocked. Do not call, do not write and do not show up. If I have missed any ways for NC consider them included. You are not welcome here physically, virtually or otherwise EVER. If you continue to try and contact me I will pursue harassment charges against you.

OW received this NC letter and is now challenging it. Are you going to enforce the boundary, or are you going to cave?

This isn't a game. This has been three years of harrassment. Contact a lawyer and have them send a letter that informs her that you are pursuing harrassment charges.

Your attorney is the only one who should make contact. Ignore this now and she will be back again and again.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
N
N
Agree - you can't ignore this, but neither of you can respond directly, either. A nice attorney letter sounds like just the thing.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
B
B
I really hope this isn't me someday . . . NC e-mail went out 12/23/08 and so far so good.

Anyway, send the letter from your attorney and have it sent certified. Having to sign for something like that should scare her.

Me BW 48
FWH 49
D-days: too many to keep track of, but last one on 4/3/10
M
M
I agree that if you told her you would file charges, then you should.

I ALSO agree that your FWH needs to "disappear"...change any and all possible channels of contacing him, including deleting his myspace account.

My FWH had fears of this happening as well so he changed everything...email addresses (mine included), phone numbers, and deleted all online accounts. Shoot, we even moved out of state to make d*mn sure we could never be found.

Your FWH hasn't taken enough "extraordinary precautions"...he needs to step up some more in order to protect you.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
MyBad Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thank you for all the replies! I really appreciate the input.
FWH does not have a myspace of facebook. All phone numbers have been changed. He no longer work at his old job so that phone number is no good anymore either. I really thought I had all my bases covered! We no longer have the classmates account. But we do get emails every once and a while requesting we sign up again for another year.

I just have to say I am really floored at the persistance of this person. I just don't understand why! I think you have to be really twisted to persue a married man who so blatently told you to take a hike.
I just don't get it...

MyBad

“Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.” - Erica Jong.

T
T
Sounds like you guys really do have all the bases covered. I'd put a rule in my email that blocks any messages from classmates. And of course get an attorney to send a cease and desist letter. That oughta scare her but good smile Plus you *said* you'd do that so now you have to follow through.

B
B
Why don't you contact classmates using the link at the bottom of the email. After that, block emails from classmates. So long as you haven't gone to the site and opened the email there, POSOW won't know you have seen it.

MB posters - what is the process to file a restraining/harrassment order? What are the fees?

I'd ignore her but still look into the legal options you have should she find some other way to contact you or H. I don't know...but knowing that POSOW is foaming at the mouth trying to have contact would sort of make me laugh and rotflmao. So long as she doesn't know you've seen anything, I'd be inclined to ignore her but I would definetly knock her ugly head off if it rears again with some other form of contact.

BW - me
exWH - serial cheater
2 awesome kids
Divorced 12/2011

Many a good man has failed because he had a wishbone where his backbone should have been.

We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot.
--------Eleanor Roosevelt
T
T
I don't think a restraining order is applicable at this point.

http://www.larcc.org/pamphlets/children_family/get_restraining_order.htm
A restraining order is an order made by a court to protect a person from physical pain or injury or the threat of pain or injury. It can generally be issued against a family member (for example, husband, ex-husband, father of your child) or a household member (anyone with whom you live or used to live) or against someone you have recently dated. You do not have to be married to the person to get a restraining order. However, you must know where the person lives or works. A list of the people against whom restraining orders can be issued is on the restraining order form.

A cease and desist letter is probably appropriate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist
A cease and desist (also called C & D) is an order or request to halt an activity, or else face legal action. The recipient of the cease-and-desist may be an individual or an organization.
The term is used in two different contexts. A cease-and-desist order can be issued by a judge or government authority, and has a well-defined legal meaning. In contrast, a cease-and-desist letter can be sent by anyone, although typically they are drafted by a lawyer.

...A cease-and-desist letter is a letter demanding that the recipient refrain from a certain behavior or face legal action. Some types of behaviors that may prompt such letters include:

* Harassment by telephone by a collection agency or junk debt buyers
* Stalking or other forms of harassment...

M
M
I just have to say I am really floored at the persistance of this person. I just don't understand why! I think you have to be really twisted to persue a married man who so blatently told you to take a hike.

It's really not that surprising, many OW do this. I've surmised that it's because they really are quite dysfunctional and cannot get into a healthy, legitimate relationship. If they could, they would stop the obsessing over a MM.

I actually feel sorry for someone like that...what a sad, lonely life to live.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
C
C
I guess I'm not so nice, and only because she refuses to go away... I would (with spouse knowledge). Join OW's facebook, classmates, make contact with all her other friends informing the world what she is doing. Spam her email address to any and all sites as well as her cellphone. giving out personal information, phone address, etc.. He would me on 100's of new mailing lists.

In short... I would be pissed!

T
T
Originally Posted by Justkeeptrying
I guess I'm not so nice, and only because she refuses to go away... I would (with spouse knowledge). Join OW's facebook, classmates, make contact with all her other friends informing the world what she is doing.

That would only bring OP into your lives again. NC is for life.

M
MyBad Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I definately agree with NC for life!
I figure if I respond I am just giving her what she wants.
That is the only reason I haven't picked up the phone and told POSOW to
f-off!
But then she would have our new number, thus a new way for future contact. faint

MyBad

“He who angers you conquers you.” – Elizabeth Kenny

D
D
She's a true fungus.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
S
S
I stay away from OM and his BS at all costs. I avoid them like the plague. And, I have to tell myself when I have to shop at a different place than what I'm used to that this is a consequence that I just have to deal with and take responsibility for. A's have consequences--just the way it is. It only makes things worse when you badger/harrass someone who doesn't want to be near you. You have to avoid doing anything that will cause you further destruction. NC...

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation