Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
Originally Posted by babyonboard
Make sure you look GREAT, are happy, smiling alot and friendly.

is there a magic pill for this. I have no idea how I am going to react when I see him. He didn't even say goodbye to me the day he moved out or the day I moved back to MI. I have so many mixed feelings about this, I feel so confused I swear you could tell me the floor was the ceiling and I would believe it.

Ya know one thing that helped me through those dreadful visitations with my XH during our divorce.....I always imagine him a something else and most of the time my imagination was quiet vivid.....I can't count how many time I had to keep myself from laughing.....it kept turning into an alley Mcbeal moment. There was this one time when he suddenly became a giant hamburger.....well you get the idea...

So when he is in front of you and you feel the twang in your tummy....just immedialy go to a place where he is a giant feathered chicken.....a foghorn leghorn type chicken....just smile tho...try not to laugh.

B
B
Originally Posted by Brits_Brat
Originally Posted by bea16
[quote=babyonboard] compliment him on how he interacts with the baby.

DO NOT complment him on how he interacts with the child or anything that would enable him to say that even you agree that he is good with the child and should have some sort of custody.

I too am an attorney who never practiced family law. That's why I added the caveat about child custody concerns. I do not think, however, that a few encouraging comments to facilitate their interaction would be a negative. For instance, if baby likes to be held a certain way, show the father and encourage him when he gets it right.

Again, I don't know whether BOB is seeking sole custody or just hoping to get a custody agreement that is as favorable as possible. If it's anything less than full custody with no visitation, then she might benefit from making this visit as painless as possible. That way her WH might not feel compelled to fight her over every aspect of the custody details.

Me BW 48
FWH 49
D-days: too many to keep track of, but last one on 4/3/10
C
C
I'm guessing she's hoping he can't make her move back to the state he lives in?

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you to all who responded! Sincerely.

I will do my best when he gets here and will post what the day turns out like.

BTW- the love the hamburger thing- too funny!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 492 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation