Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
D
D
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
He's considered legally bound in Texas too. If he is here, he needs to see a lawyer and see what his options are.

Three elements must be present to form a common law marriage in Texas.

1. First, you must have "agreed to be married."

2. Second, you must have "held yourselves out" as husband and wife. You must have represented to others that you were married to each other. As an example of this, you may have introduced you partner socially as "my husband," or you may have filed a joint income tax return.

3. Third, you must have lived together in this state as husband and wife.

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/dro/common_law.asp

Yep, I can gurantee you they would be considered COMMON LAW married in Texas. I have NO DOUBT. I've seen much weaker cases...I'll get a legal opinion from a Texas attorney if you'd like. My sister graduated from Baylor law..DUDE

P
P
This *link*

is also interesting.

Information for Unmarried Cohabitants

D
D
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Originally Posted by Dude007
I am saying, once betrayed, EVERYTHING is absolute. Either you're married or your not(some on here don't even seem to recognize common law). Its a heightened awareness that is a DIRECT result of being hurt so badly.ie BETRAYED! DUDE

So, since you responded to your wife's infidelity as an opportunity instead of being hurt, are you saying you missed the "heightened awareness" bus?

How sad for you.

Again...common law marriages are irrelevent to this thread and this poster has asked that the "lecturing" cease...HE gets it. By arguing this irrelevent point YOU are the one mirring this thread in the continuing argument and further hurting/bashing the poster you claim to be so concerned with.

Mr. Wondering

I see it. I feel it. I think its all part of DEFOGGING.(recognition it has changed my opinion and why some betrayed become absolutists)

I agree though, lets help the poster. He is a betrayed spouse w/ a ww like many of us and feels the EXACT SAME PAIN...DUDE

D
D
Originally Posted by Pepperband
This *link*

is also interesting.

Information for Unmarried Cohabitants

PLease leave the Left Coast out this discussion. That whole state is FUBAR!! Ya'll are handing out IOUs and can't even pay your sheet. Lets stick to a common law state like the GREAT STATE OF TEXAS!! DUDE

M
M
If this poster was in texas element number 2 refers to holding themselves out as husband/wife. Thus, if nexus were a texas (NZ or whatever) poster he'd have shown up here discussing his WIFE's affair.

He did not.

Mr. Wondering

p.s. - sorry nexus. Good luck to you and all your future endeavors.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
D
D
If this poster was in texas element number 2 refers to holding themselves out as husband/wife. Thus, if nexus were a texas (NZ or whatever) poster he'd have shown up here discussing his WIFE's affair.

He did not.

Mr. Wondering

p.s. - sorry nexus. Good luck to you and all your future endeavors.

He called her is WW??! WTF.."Throw him to the wolves"...DUDE

P
P
Nexus, good luck to you and all your future endeavors.

(AKA ditto Mr W)

Adding....

This is the BEST book for your situation

Last edited by Pepperband; 11/12/09 12:12 PM.
M
M
I am saying, once betrayed, EVERYTHING is absolute. Either you're married or your not(some on here don't even seem to recognize common law). Its a heightened awareness that is a DIRECT result of being hurt so badly.ie BETRAYED! DUDE

So, since you responded to your wife's infidelity as an opportunity instead of being hurt, are you saying you missed the "heightened awareness" bus?

How sad for you.

Again...common law marriages are irrelevent to this thread and this poster has asked that the "lecturing" cease...HE gets it. By arguing this irrelevent point YOU are the one mirring this thread in the continuing argument and further hurting/bashing the poster you claim to be so concerned with.

Mr. Wondering

I see it. I feel it. I think its all part of DEFOGGING.(recognition it has changed my opinion and why some betrayed become absolutists)

I agree though, lets help the poster. He is a betrayed spouse w/ a ww like many of us and feels the EXACT SAME PAIN...DUDE

Is becoming more "absolute" a good thing or a desease? Are you laying claim to "unheightened awareness" or your own special brand of OVER-heightened awareness. If so, I want some of that. Think I will start another thread and leave nexus alone. He's had a rough enough week.

Mr. Wondering

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
P
P
Nexxus, you can party like a rockstar with no fear of committing adultery.

It's called fornication in this respect.

Game on man!

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
T
T
NO similarity whatsoever. Being confrontational is not enough.
Lemonman was also wise.

tl

D
D
and had a modicum of kindness no matter how forthright he was being.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
I
I
I feel very bad for this original poster. He was in a committed relationship and his girlfriend dumped him for a married guy. I think by practicing things like his needs/her needs, he can strengthen this, or a future relationship.
However.
DUDE.
I'm going to disagree with you when you said people who come on her asking for sympathy should always get it.
Case-in-point: We've had many other women or other men come on here, singing a sob story about how hurt they are. Heck, there's an entire web site where they all pat each other on the back and say, "there, there."
I'm sorry, but I DON'T feel sorry one bit for these OPs. They have made bad choices and are now feeling the hurt and anguish of those bad choices, yet they continue to make the same bad choices.
Just because you feel hurt does not mean you get my sympathy.
Now.
Back to our original poster.
Yes, I hope you and your girlfriend get back together if that is what makes you both happy. If you get the opportunity to get back together, work hard on emotional needs and love busters and that should strengthen your relationship.
Once it's strong enough, then and ONLY THEN should you consider "putting a ring on it."

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
D
D
Originally Posted by imanotherone
I feel very bad for this original poster. He was in a committed relationship and his girlfriend dumped him for a married guy. I think by practicing things like his needs/her needs, he can strengthen this, or a future relationship.
However.
DUDE.
I'm going to disagree with you when you said people who come on her asking for sympathy should always get it.
Case-in-point: We've had many other women or other men come on here, singing a sob story about how hurt they are. Heck, there's an entire web site where they all pat each other on the back and say, "there, there."
I'm sorry, but I DON'T feel sorry one bit for these OPs. They have made bad choices and are now feeling the hurt and anguish of those bad choices, yet they continue to make the same bad choices.
Just because you feel hurt does not mean you get my sympathy.
Now.
Back to our original poster.
Yes, I hope you and your girlfriend get back together if that is what makes you both happy. If you get the opportunity to get back together, work hard on emotional needs and love busters and that should strengthen your relationship.
Once it's strong enough, then and ONLY THEN should you consider "putting a ring on it."

And all of us that took the extra step of "putting a ring on it" that are on this board no just how well that "extra step of committment" helped???! Hell, maybe he is smarter than us and knew the odds of betrayal are so high today, why ever marry knowing the odds of your spouse cheating are 50% or GREATER?!! DUDE

B
B
A cheating live-in girlfriend remains NOT adultery so no "redemption" here, she's still free to date any suitor she fancies.

Even a MM? For some reason I didn't think that was looked favorably upon here.

BH (Me): 33, XWW: 33
Married 1999, No kids
EA: 11/04?-10/07, PA: 05/07
D-Day: 06/07
Divorced: 04/09
Affair is over for OP but not for WS
WW wants to move away w/o me
WW moved away w/o me
D
D
Originally Posted by BHHFSGuy
A cheating live-in girlfriend remains NOT adultery so no "redemption" here, she's still free to date any suitor she fancies.

Their is no judgementment on here, only codified LAW. A live-in GF for nine years? I bet you HER parents considered them married. I wish her dad would get on this forum to blow away all the betrayed'(s) arguments that they were not in a relationship recognized by the state as MARRIAGE..DUDE

P
P
What do you know about marriage anyways? You openly betrayed your wife.

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
M
M
Originally Posted by BHHFSGuy

Certainly NOT a married man. Thanks for the clarification.

L
L
T/J

:::waving to BHHFS::::

laugh

LA

end of T/J

P
P
Thank you Pariah. Yanno Dude, I'm beginning to wonder about your IRL status.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
D
D
Originally Posted by Pariah
What do you know about marriage anyways? You openly betrayed your wife.

Yep, how better to learn? I just had lunch w/ my beautiful fwxw. We had a great lunch date. I love her so much. She is the sweetest woman I've ever known. I'm very sorry for betraying(retaliating against) her. I understand all of your sensitivity. I'm losing the bad parts of my betrayal which is the utter hate and disgust of waywards and people whom don't value marriage as we do. I'm holding on to the belief system that our culture holds(common law marriage). I think its part of the recovery. I feel that statements on here are so far from main stream(again, symptom of betrayal) that you are forever scarred, and at times, you still bleed..I'm so sorry for you all. It speaks to the intense pain you are feeling and looking forward to forever.

DUDE

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation