Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2277026 11/21/09 01:38 AM
O
OP Offline
O
Lady

Sure hope you remember me I was hurtinginokla. I was wondering about you the other day. I came back here to update and saw so many new names. I was just reading some posts and saw your name.

Sure hope you are doing well. Would love to have a chat with you sometime. So many things have happened good and not so good.... Sure have missed talking with many of you.

Let me know how you are.

Okla (hurtinginokla)

married 26 years to exwh
divorced 2006
3 kids
5 grandkids
remarried and very happy
exwh married OW and now is very unhappy
L
L
Hey, there! Of COURSE I remember you! I posted to you on your update thread.

I'm OK. Having some health problems, but nothing life-threatening. Marriage is in the toilet, but until I figure out how to support myself, I'm stuck here. We're getting along pretty well, but I want out. Lord Clueless doesn't love me and hasn't for a very long time. He has refused to do anything that he doesn't want to do in terms of fixing the damage that his cheating and lying did over the years. My love bank is empty and I'm fed up; but, I'm not able to work anymore, and he's too broke to pay alimony, so here we are.

We're a classic example of what happens when the MB plans are not followed to the letter. I also think that he has some personality disorders which are not fixable.

On the whole, though, I manage pretty well. We get along fairly well, for the most part. He does tell me that he loves me, but his actions say otherwise. IF this marriage is to ever recover, it will take some major effort on his part, and I don't think he's up to it.

So, it's up to me to make myself happy. I'm lucky that I have a creative bent and can express my creativity, which is how I keep myself happy.

I'm so glad that you're finally happy, and I'm so glad that you came back to tell us!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.
O
OP Offline
O
Lady,

I am sorry to hear about your health. I thought you had posted on my update but I was to lazy to look for it. lol

To bad Lord Clueless is still clueless. I guess some people never get it. Sounds like your doing the best you can for you. I hear you on the creative part though, doing things like that make me happy as well. I feel like I am doing something positive.

I never thought I would be happy again but wham something happened and look at me now. Life is good and calm. No drama or yelling and especially no cheating.

EXWH is still in the fog himself. Guess he is one of those who always will be. He is miserable and unhappy but still says he was right. The hole he dug for himself is so deep he can't see sunlight anymore.

My kids are doing good though. I now have 5 grandbabies 4 boys and one girl. Oldest DS has 3 boys, DD has the baby girl and my baby DS has a 9 month old son. They are so wonderful.

Hope to hear from you again.

Okla

married 26 years to exwh
divorced 2006
3 kids
5 grandkids
remarried and very happy
exwh married OW and now is very unhappy
L
L
Grandbabies are the best! Spoil 'em and then send 'em home!

We also have 5 grandchildren...same as you, 4 boys and 1 girl.

Our oldest grandson is 18 and about to graduate from high school. I can't believe it!

Our granddaughter is 13, going on 30. LOL! The other 3 grandsons are 16, 15, and 2. Our DS has the 18yo, the 16yo, the girl, and the 2yo. He remarried a few years ago, and his new wife wanted her own child, hence the 2yo. Our son has custody of the older 3. The 15yo belongs to our DD.

Our granddaughter spent the afternoon with me, and the 16yo came home with me to spend the night. I'm so glad that they want to spend time with me! I've always been close to the older 3, as they practically lived with me while DS and his ex were going through the divorce. I'm close to DD's son, too, as they are here almost everyday, but he is more of a grandpa's boy. DD says that I made our son's 3 older kids into lil' clones of me. LOL!

"Your actions are so loud that I can't hear a word you're saying!"

BW M 44 yrs to still-foggy but now-faithful WH. What/how I post=my biz. Report any perceived violations to the Mods.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (SadNewYorker), 298 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation