Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
OP Offline
B
Did you see the finale?
As dad was making posters with kids, one of the older twins said "I like the stuff we do with Mommy better".

He grabbed the marker out of her hand, and told her "she was done" and she had to leave the group. The tearful twin got up from the table and said, "Don't finish my poster!" and her father quipped "Your poster is going into the garbage."

Was he always like this?

I can't believe a WW parent could take things out on a child like this...

I hear the possible rumble of avalanche in the distance...

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
M
M
Maybe he should sue TLC...this is certainly their fault too.

I
I
My FWH came home with some t-shirts that look like the crap Jon wears. I told him whenever I saw him wearing them, all I thought about was how men become total losers in their MLC affairs. It was more than a trigger for me. I'm actually glad he wears them--makes lose more respect for him.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
P
P
Originally Posted by imanotherone
My FWH came home with some t-shirts that look like the crap Jon wears. I told him whenever I saw him wearing them, all I thought about was how men become total losers in their MLC affairs. It was more than a trigger for me. I'm actually glad he wears them--makes lose more respect for him.

I hear ya - I got a $100 Kohls giftcard the other day and went shopping. I'll be 35 in January - me thinks I'm a little too old for the skater look. John definately looks rediculous. When I go out, I'm more of a button down shirt / jeans kind of guy or nice shirt and slacks.

Me BH 35 WW 36
Married 1998
DS 2002
DD 2005
D Day 1 7/28/08
D Day 2 8/19/08

Divorce Final 3/19/2009
B
OP Offline
B
Was he always this thoughtless about/to his children?
Obviously, in a D or S, kids may feel the need to protect one or the other parent.

He should understand this, no? MLC? Dumb as a box a rocks?

Last edited by barbiecat; 11/24/09 11:29 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
O
O
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Maybe he should sue TLC...this is certainly their fault too.

MrW, you probably said this "tongue in cheek" but for those who didn't know....he has filed a $5M lawsuit against TLC.

Surely someone else is to blame!

I think he doesn't give himself enough credit. He did this all by himself!

K
K
We should all send him an angry letter...

Is he working? Bet he'd be paying child support out the a**.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
T
T
I don't know much about the sitch, but I know I was appalled reading all the stuff about how "mean" Kate was after the A came out. Like that makes it okay for him???? And I think he deserves to have his crap spread all over TV. It's part of the consequence. I also wouldn't be surprised if he's NOT working - doesn't seem like the work type.

W
W
I'm so glad I don't watch this show.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
B
OP Offline
B
The clip about him 'dissin his kid is on quite a few sites today. I do not watch the show, either. I know who they are.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
W
W
I've pretty much avoided their story everywhere it appears, on purpose. It makes me a little sick to think about what they are doing to those poor kids. I think this kind of exploitation should be illegal.

Me: BS/FWW: 48
BS/WH: 50
DS: 30, 27, 25
DD: 28
OC: 10
BH and I are raising my OC together.
H
H
Biggest wayturd dad of all time.

I would have to say that I deserved the honors in 07.

I felt that I needed a branding iron with a capital L stamped into my forhead. So.... I had one designed and made last year. Gave it to my wife for Christmas with a reminder that she can use it on my forhead anytime she desires.

It was either that or design and make a collectors edition Ginsu Knife with the engraved signature of Lorena Bobbit.

She liked the Branding Iron!

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
D
D
>She liked the Branding Iron!

That's cos I made her an honorary Texan.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
I
I
I think the kids would be better off if they were adopted out and the new parents were sworn to secrecy never to exploit the kids again. As it is, they are all permanently damaged by BOTH parents. And I'm no fan of TLC for taking advantage of the sitch.

H
H
Originally Posted by Dealan-de

She is not only a SexyMamaBear, she is a Sexy Cowgirl as well!

But the Branding Iron did make her smile. She uses it as a decoration for the time being.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
S
S
To me, I feel that Kate did act like a [censored] in the series when her an jon were together....she had 8 kids and liked everything really organized and treated jon like the ninth kid....

Now Jon has turned into a complete [censored] and I am sure he blames Kate for that...He seems to have the worlds biggest chip on hes shoulder and nothing is his fault...

And now Idk if its just because I am a fellow BS but I feel bad for kate...to me she seems to realize she acted like a [censored] and really really regrets it and is hurt by the way Jon is acting now, everytime I see her she is on the verge of tears...She seems like she would love a chance to try and work on things...but Jon is too busy badmouthing her and acting like an 18 year old to care.

But that is JMHO....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
I
I
No sympathy for Kate as far as raising the kids go. You just look at the before/after photos of her. When those kids were born, they were the center of her life. Now SHE is the center, and the kids are accessories to her book deals, photo shoots, TLC shows, etc.
Yeah, she didn't deserve a cheatin' spouse, but she certainly has been abusive to those kids, too. Simply the lifestyle is abusive.
With her boob job, bleached hair, tummy tuck, wardrobe, personal assistants, etc, she isn't that tired mommy of 8. She's the "STAAAR." I think it's quite ironic that Jon shacked up with her plastic surgeon's daughter. Karma bus, anyone?

P
P
Originally Posted by tst
Originally Posted by Dealan-de

She is not only a SexyMamaBear, she is a Sexy Cowgirl as well!

But the Branding Iron did make her smile. She uses it as a decoration for the time being.

LOL, just out of curisotiy Tst... what did you tell the kids it was for?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by imanotherone
No sympathy for Kate as far as raising the kids go. You just look at the before/after photos of her. When those kids were born, they were the center of her life. Now SHE is the center, and the kids are accessories to her book deals, photo shoots, TLC shows, etc.
Yeah, she didn't deserve a cheatin' spouse, but she certainly has been abusive to those kids, too. Simply the lifestyle is abusive.
With her boob job, bleached hair, tummy tuck, wardrobe, personal assistants, etc, she isn't that tired mommy of 8. She's the "STAAAR." I think it's quite ironic that Jon shacked up with her plastic surgeon's daughter. Karma bus, anyone?

Maybe she felt jon slippin away and thought that the plastic surgery would help...She does look really different now, but I cant judge that because if I had come into that much money I might have done the same to boost my confidence, esp if I felt my M slipping away...I am not sayin that is right, I am just sayin...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
MY son is the center of my life and always has been...it may have been one of the contributing factors to the breakdown of my M....I know now that that is not necessarily a good thing...you need to do things for yourself also....A happy mommy us means happy kiddies...I am just starting to learn this now....

She had the money to do all these things and her kids were not suffering moneywise from it...she may have needed a self confidence boost...so I say more power to her...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,121 guests, and 43 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation