Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
Originally Posted by Zelmo
Originally Posted by imanotherone
My FWH came home with some t-shirts that look like the crap Jon wears. I told him whenever I saw him wearing them, all I thought about was how men become total losers in their MLC affairs. It was more than a trigger for me. I'm actually glad he wears them--makes lose more respect for him.

No moreso than women, assuming you even believe in MLC, which is a load of bs, IMO. Jerks are jerks regardless of age or gender.

Yeah, i kinda think the MLC, is a load of bs, or just an excuse for the wayward.....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
I dont think I care what anyone says....what it boils down to to me is....she was bitchy and controlling...she admits it and I think really regrets it....people may think her crying is staged, but I know I cried constantly, nothing stopped me and no situation could control it for me, I just cried and tried not to.

It seem that way with Kate, I mean I know some actresses that need to queue the tears and cant(they have to give them fake tears), Kate will always have the real tears(she would have to be a really good actress to do that).

Yeah she is a little bitchy to her kids sometimes, the camera might just pick those moments and play and play them, I dont have eight kids so I dont feel that I can judge her on that...all I see is that she seems to be with them in all her free time....she may be a little strict and anal but eight kids might drive you mad....

Jon stole all the money from their accout $250,000..drained it and to me Kate sounded as if she was just so betrayed and couldnt beleive that Jon drained the whole account...that was his familys money...and gee what did he spend it on 2000 ed hardy tee shirts? He was ordered to give it all back...

When I see her on tv, being a fellow BS, I understand every word and tear....she seems to mimic what I would say or do.....she keeps saying that Jon was taken over by aliens and this is not the Jon that she once knew..

Yeah, she is far from perfect, I hate to tell you guys this, but so am I.....I made mistakes in my marriage too....Jon took all her controlling ways and obviously never said anything...I mean I saw him just sit there and take it...and instead of saying "Kate stop treating me like a child, I wont stand for it anymore".....He cheated and is still with his same mistress, with a few supposedly thrown in betw....

Everytime Jon opens his assinine mouth, all I hear is "entitled waynerd, waynerd, waynerd"...the same script they all use....I see in his eyes "I am having FUN and no one is gonna stop me"...

His OW even says he has "mantrums" all the time when he doesnt get his way...I saw it come out of her mouth....This sums it all up for me....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

B
OP Offline
B
I was very serious. I was not talking about Kate, the mom- I was commenting on the behavior I saw dad exhibit, not any one member's family's history.

This guy is not a teenager- or a new parent. He has the benefit of money, advisors and Oprah to advise him how to navigate the divorce.

I have been reading quite a bit about the WW not only abandoning the M, but their parental duties too. Telling BS to "grow up" and deal- while they ignore and act like children to their own kids!

I have heard that Kate is narcistic> sp? too. Face it, she will not make enough $$ to support theses kids working in the healthcare field. He is clueless. Her best shot at supporting those kids is in the entertainment field. (hopefully without the kids involved.)

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
B
OP Offline
B
Yahoo for you!

I will not disrespect any woman about any improvement she makes to/for herself- that includes plastic surgery (except for that cat faced woman)

I would if I could afford it, I understand why other ladies (and men) would want to, too.

Hope- you are working hard and doing things the right way!

Last edited by barbiecat; 11/25/09 08:21 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted by Holyheart
We can all see how out of control Jon is without Kate's guidance. She obviously kept him focused and grounded whether he asked for it or not. And now he's rebelling like a high lunatic without Kate in his life.

No different than most of the waywards on this board. No different than MY wayward.

Of course he's going to blame controlling Kate. Hope's WH blames Hope, and ChaiLover's WH blames ChaiLover, etc.

Same script... different characters.

My point X actly

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
S
S
I'm probably going to get slapped in the face for this one but...

Have you ever considered that having EIGHT kids can try ones' patience? I have seen cases where Kate too has lost her temper with some of these kids. I don't regularly watch this show as it really just makes me want to puke...even before the A stuff.

I am not defending Jon. I think he's a [censored] myself but he and Kate both exploit these children for monetary gain. I read somewhere that they make 75K PER EPISODE for doing this show.

I think the whole darn thing is just disgusting.

S
S
Yes I have seen Kate and Jon both lose there temper with the kids...thats why I just cannot bring myself to judge them too much on their parenting, I only have one child...so no slaps in the face here StillDawn....but I will give you one of these stickout

Last edited by stillhere8126; 11/25/09 09:25 AM. Reason: add smiley

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Thanks Stillhere. I just have one child of my own too. I know that raising ONE child is trying enough at times but having eight of them... It would be like having a day care center to contend with 24/7. I don't think that even a saint could deal with that and not loose it sometimes.
If every couple had 8 kids...geez....

C
C
No justifucation for Jon or Kate. They are both seeing nothing but $$$.

I would wager... If the TV show never made it to their door step. They would still be M, parents of 8 kids.

Jon: Mid life crisis/"Ive never had women like this interested in me before! passive agressive.

I see stars "Kate": I've disowned my entire family because no one help to support my big head. With Kate the only way is her way. Everyone else is wrong.

Lets see how long it takes for Kate and Jon to be old news. They will show up on local TV or late night commercials having burned thru all the money.

End result they only ones I feel sorry for, are the kids. The rest is self induced pain.

H
H
...2 cents to add.

I had three kids very close together -- stair steps. I had a 2 year old, a one year old and a newborn... three in diapers. Felt like I had triplets. And I worked full time, M-F, 8-5.

WH was helpful, caring, involved.

Fastforward to two years ago -- kids were 14, 15 and 16. Dad has affair and ignores, disrespects, and eventually abandons kids and me.

It wasn't TV or fame or money that did it. It was selfishness. He got tired of the "same old, same old" and wanted a plaything.

And I'm left holding the bag... the kids full-time, the house, the bills, etc. while he continues to play and play and play.

He's not with a plastic surgeon's daughter but he's with a younger woman who pushes the limits -- brings out the FUN in him.

And he did this like Jon did this -- because he KNOWS I will always protect and defend my kids. Just like Kate will always protect and defend her children.

And my WH splews what a great Dad he is... how he will always be there for the kids. Just like Jon does. But Jon will eventually leave those kids... just like my wayward has. Why? Because they will learn the truth... that Dad felt he was entitled to have a life outside of being a father.

And... we all need lives outside of being a parent. But being a parent should be the CORE of our existence. Everything else should evolve around that -- and God.

When you leave behind these basic values, you slide down this slippery slope. Jon left behind these values. I don't believe Kate did. So what she was on the road and pushing her books... no different from other parents who have jobs like this.

But when you do this, you need the other parent to have your back with the kids. And when they stop having your back... the whole family structure collapses.

M
M
Yeah she is a little bitchy to her kids sometimes, the camera might just pick those moments and play and play them, I dont have eight kids so I dont feel that I can judge her on that...all I see is that she seems to be with them in all her free time....she may be a little strict and anal but eight kids might drive you mad....

I never liked the way Kate "seemed" to treat Jon, and sometimes the kids, but I COMPLETELY agree that the cameras VERY MUCH pick and choose and take things out of context to make their "point" much more marketable.

We were on a reality T.V. show once too and let me tell you, how we view reality shows changed DRASTICALLY after that. It's all much more staged than the viewers know, EVERYTHING is done for the camera and so much is taken out of context.

Don't fool yourselves, "reality shows" are not at all what they seem to be. They are very much as scripted as sitcoms and other fictional shows. There is very little "reality" in them.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
What's your opinion on the two of them, MF?

D
D
I'm not MF, but they are both full blown nucking futz.

That is my professional diagnosis.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
B
OP Offline
B
he, he, he, hehehe -he!

Last edited by barbiecat; 11/25/09 01:24 PM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
M
M
LOL

S
S
Originally Posted by Dealan-de

rotflmao Nucking futz!.. rotflmao

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by Holyheart
...2 cents to add.

I had three kids very close together -- stair steps. I had a 2 year old, a one year old and a newborn... three in diapers. Felt like I had triplets. And I worked full time, M-F, 8-5.

WH was helpful, caring, involved.

Fastforward to two years ago -- kids were 14, 15 and 16. Dad has affair and ignores, disrespects, and eventually abandons kids and me.

It wasn't TV or fame or money that did it. It was selfishness. He got tired of the "same old, same old" and wanted a plaything.

And I'm left holding the bag... the kids full-time, the house, the bills, etc. while he continues to play and play and play.

He's not with a plastic surgeon's daughter but he's with a younger woman who pushes the limits -- brings out the FUN in him.

And he did this like Jon did this -- because he KNOWS I will always protect and defend my kids. Just like Kate will always protect and defend her children.

And my WH splews what a great Dad he is... how he will always be there for the kids. Just like Jon does. But Jon will eventually leave those kids... just like my wayward has. Why? Because they will learn the truth... that Dad felt he was entitled to have a life outside of being a father.

And... we all need lives outside of being a parent. But being a parent should be the CORE of our existence. Everything else should evolve around that -- and God.

When you leave behind these basic values, you slide down this slippery slope. Jon left behind these values. I don't believe Kate did. So what she was on the road and pushing her books... no different from other parents who have jobs like this.

But when you do this, you need the other parent to have your back with the kids. And when they stop having your back... the whole family structure collapses.

Yep, I completely back you up on this HH.... all of it....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

D
D
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Originally Posted by Dealan-de

rotflmao Nucking futz!.. rotflmao

Thanks.

It's a Pepism from long ago.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
M
M
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
What's your opinion on the two of them, MF?

My "opinion" on Kate is that the cameras made sure to ONLY show when Kate was acting very b*tchy ~ obviously, she DID act this way or they would not have caught it on camera when they did, but it's clear that they cut out everytime she WAS nice/fun/silly/whatever in order to uphold her as the "b*tchy wife". I very much doubt Jon would have put up with her treating him like that 24/7. I believe that Jon put her in the "mommy role" towards HIM because he acted like the 9th child. She treated him like the big baby that he is and he allowed it.

My "opinion" on Jon is that he is a childish wimp with no boundaries. He should not have allowed Kate to treat him as she did, but at the same time he should have acted like a MAN and not another child. If he had acted like a mature man with 8 children, he would have commanded the respect that he so badly wanted but never earned. Kate has no respect for him and it's easy to see why.

[I really didn't watch this show much...our 13 year old loved it though so it was inevitably on quite alot and I couldn't help but overhear it. DH can not STAND the show.]

P.S. Hi Marsh!! So glad to see you around! I hope we can catch up on IM some time. smile

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
M
M
We share the same opinion of them.

Good to see you too, MF! smile I'll definitely be looking for you on IM, would love to find out which reality show you were on!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian T), 1,061 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation