Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
As Australia and New Zealand recognise defacto relationships as legal marriages, an Australian OW was able to make a claim against her ex lover to the tune of 100K AUS.

As other countries embrace this new "all relationships are valid and equal" ideal, more and more people in affairs, may find themselves married but still out of pocket in 'divorce' settlements with their OP's.

Newspaper article about case.

Recovered marriage, recovering self, life gets better everyday laugh
K
K
Oh, lildoggie.

Don't you know the beloved OP would NEVER do such a thing? /sarcasm puke

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
L
OP Offline
L
I think its as funny as myself.

It may make some BS's think twice about recovery knowing they may lose some of their marital assets to the OP, but I actually hope that more and more waywards have to weigh this factor into their decision to cheat or not.

M
M
Frankly, I find this revolting. In the article, the wh*re is lovingly described as a wonderful person who deserves to be rewarded for her loving care of the married man she was cheating with.

So, the wh*re gets rewarded AND is very sympathetically described. Where is the BW in all this??

I don't see where this will do anything but encourage OW to take up with married men. Now there's a guaranteed pot of gold at the end of the adultery rainbow.

Yechh.

I say make the wh*re and the cheating husband pay all that money to the BW. Why on earth should the wh*re be rewarded and validated like this???

This is nothing more than legalized polygamy. Want a wife and a concubine? No problem, as long as you can afford it.

I thought those ozzies were a lot tougher than this.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
V
V
My first thought was ...... well, I was speechless.

The legal system is going backwards.
It seems instead of protecting M's and families from adultery,
they are acknowledging the infidels relationship as real as a M.

Unbelievable.

Oh, and the lawyer, .... foggier than Mary.

It all made me puke (really needs bits and pieces flying out to make it more effective)

M'd 22 years
BW-me
D-Day 08/08 LTA

L
OP Offline
L
I didnt say I agreed with the portrayal of the OW, just that if knowing it may cost them plenty to go chasing other people stops a wayward, its a good thing. There are plenty of A's that are not all about 'love', just about getting some on the side.

Isnt making the 'cost' of the A one of the things we do in plan B? This time its financial as well as the loss of the family, respect etc.

K
K
This seems a punishment to the WS. Too bad it affects the wife as well...

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

M
M
The idea of deadly and debilitating disease does virtually nothing to stop anyone from cheating. You'd think that would do it, but it's not even close.

I still say make the married ones pay, but make them pay it all to their BS. Not one penny to some POSOP! EVER!!!

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
K
K
Agreed, Mulan!

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 672 guests, and 49 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation