Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
I
Originally Posted by not2fun
Originally Posted by imanotherone
I think it's quite ironic that Jon shacked up with her plastic surgeon's daughter. Karma bus, anyone?

I'm no Kate fan, but that was beyond harsh.....Sorry, but NO ONE deserves to have their spouse cheat on them...that was a cruel slap in the face from one who knows the pain of betrayal.....

not2fun
I think if the two of them had worked HALF AS HARD on their marriage and their family as they did on exploiting those kids for personal gain, they wouldn't be in this spot today. You look at the before/after shots of these people. They had a chance, until they became money grubbers.
And no, I think Kate is a terrible mother the way she parades those kids around and I think the kids would be better off in foster care. Both of them sicken me. Sorry.

Me:BW, FWH 1DD 1DS
M
M
I think if the two of them had worked HALF AS HARD on their marriage and their family as they did on exploiting those kids for personal gain, they wouldn't be in this spot today. You look at the before/after shots of these people. They had a chance, until they became money grubbers.
And no, I think Kate is a terrible mother the way she parades those kids around and I think the kids would be better off in foster care. Both of them sicken me. Sorry.

Was their motivation to get involved w/ a reality show to provide a nice living for their very large family? Or was it to "money grub"?

In order for me to believe it was about money grubbing, I'd have to believe they are evil people. That's too much of a stretch for me to make, especially w/ regards to Kate.

B
OP Offline
B
If I had 8 kids, my head would have exploded a few times. She is a classic control freak, No, I do not think she wanted to end her family life.
BUT
Like most control freaks, she could not see what everyone else easily could.
As for him, I think he is a typical WW doofus. I hope that if I ever lose my M, my H would be more understanding to our kids.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
H
H
Saw a repeat of the segment last night with Jon on the Nancy Grace show. He says he wants his kids off TV because he wants to restore "family values." I still can't believe he uses this phrase when he parades around OW when he's not even divorced.

Who da thunk? Jon -- the poster Dad for "Family Values."

M
M
I think both of them are clear examples of people ruined by success.

Success often breeds raging entitlement and selfishness. When it does:

Selfish women reward themselves for success with material things and attention.

Selfish men reward themselves for success with sex and attention.

Exactly what these two did.

I think success has ruined more lives than failure ever did, because there's pleny of help for how to handle failure but nobody ever talks about how to handle success.

I guess it's just assumed that success takes care of itself.

It doesn't. It can be just as destructive as failure, or even more so, if the person is not equipped to handle it.

Look around at the many, many actors, sports stars, politicians and even lottery winners who seemed to be decent normal people unti Big Success hit. Then they became drug addicts, alcoholics, adulterers, etc., and often lost it all and/or died far too soon.

And you don't have to be famous to let success ruin you. As I've said before, my XWH's Big Corporate Success absolutely ruined him in every way. He was the poster boy for raging entitlement and selfishness and destroyed his family with that.

Just look around. I'll bet you know plenty of folks ruined by success. You WS may well be one of them.

Just be sure to teach your kids about how to handle success as well as how to handle failure. You'll be glad you did.
Mulan

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
K
K
More fodder for my blog! Hooray!

If anyone deserved to be torn a new one it's him.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
K
K
Keep an eye on it, if you like, and keep me informed about Jon, I need almost-daily material, haha.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

N
N
Originally Posted by not2fun
I think it's quite ironic that Jon shacked up with her plastic surgeon's daughter. Karma bus, anyone?

I'm no Kate fan, but that was beyond harsh.....Sorry, but NO ONE deserves to have their spouse cheat on them...that was a cruel slap in the face from one who knows the pain of betrayal.....

not2fun

Sure they could have worked harder on their marriage,,,,heck, maybe if I hadn't gained 45 lbs., quit smoking, kept the house cleaner, and prettied myself up once in awhile then that old karmabus wouldn't have come to run me over......

Can't say I agree with this line of thinking at all. Kate gets no prize from me, but having been betrayed, you can bet your bottom dollar that I would NEVER tell a BS that it was just karma......

not2fun

K
K
This is why I posted that entry on my blog, haha...Jon needs to be raked over the coals.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 315 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation